Saratoga or OKW? Got a free upgrade!

Help! I am actually on the phone now- on hold. Wondering which to choose. I got a free upgrade pincode from POP to one of these.

I have never even LOOKED at either of these.
2 adults 2 kids 9 &12

Any suggestions?

Saratoga!!!

Got it!
OMG! 1 bedroom … I have to breath for a minute… NO additional charge! OMG… I am so excited!

That’s a great deal! Which one?

I would choose SSR because thats the only one Ive been to. BTW, How did you get a pincode like that? I would love to go back to SSR.

ROFL!

Sorry… I was too excited! Ok…
I got a free upgrade email that I almost deleted because I figured it was junk… Then it said…Surprise, ----- Family!

We’re offering you a FREE upgrade from the Disney Value Resort you booked for your upcoming stay (between 8/21/09 and 10/3/09) to a studio room at:
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Where Victorian architecture winds through enchanting parks, waterways and golf course views.
OR
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Where the charm of a 1900s Key West-style resort meets the creature comforts of home.

So I call, the computer took FOREVER while we were waiting and the CM says “Actually, I can give you a 1 bedroom at Saratoga or a studio at either”. I said, “what is the upgrade cost for the 1 bedroom”? NOTHING! Holy camoly!

So thanks so much Wishuponastar for answering because that made it Saratoga and the 1 bedroom was a no-brainer!

WOW! No more complaining about not getting pincodes for me!

Ok- I have to add- Free dining too! Yikes what an absolute deal… 7 Nights/free dining AND at the price of POP Century. I am SO glad I booked 7 nights for this trip instead of a couple.

Check your emails, she said that they were sending out these emails because they have been getting calls all day.

Congrats!! What a great deal!

You’ll love Saratoga, it’s new, fast bus service, great boat to DtD, good dining options, etc! You’re gonna wanna join DVC now. :laugh:

AWESOME upgrade, CONGRATS!

You really should make an ADR at Turf Club one night, SOOOOO good!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;979477]Ok- I have to add- Free dining too! Yikes what an absolute deal… 7 Nights/free dining AND at the price of POP Century. I am SO glad I booked 7 nights for this trip instead of a couple.

Check your emails, she said that they were sending out these emails because they have been getting calls all day.[/QUOTE]

You made out like a bandit! :phone:

Aww man… I already want to join!
Maybe that is how I got the pincode?
If they were booked at values and were upgrading people? And I have talked several times to DVC people as well as got the books and assorted information. Just a thought.
I am just in AWE… I want to see that confirmation reservation though. Then it will sink in!

That is AMAZING! :happy:

I just called WDW and I HAD the code too. They checked for my length of stay and nothing was avail. She said that If I would have called this morn I would have had it. Also she said that she checked 1 bd as well and IF i had a party of 4 to 6 she would have been able to offer me a 2 bd:crying: Oh well… Too bad. Im actually looking foward to POP because I like the theme and the Disney magic as Madison calls it.

That stinks for you!
I was totally looking forward to POP too… especially since it is my nephew’s first trip at 9yrs! But this is so cool! He’ll never know the difference.

There must not have been 2 bedrooms available for us. I wonder if they would have offered a 2 bedroom? We have 4 people. So, the kids will get the pull out but they can tough it out right? LOL!

So anyone have any ideas on WHY IN THE WORLD they would upgrade from a Value to a DVC? I played with some numbers and if we booked the same trip, it would have cost roughly $2,000 more! That is using rack rates but still… looking at a value vs. DVC???

I am SO not complaining but I am curious…

Woohoo! Got the confirmation! Not a nasty trick on me. It is real!!!

By the way- the honey listed in my countdown is really wishing he would have decided to come on ANOTHER Disney trip with me now! Naner naner boo boo!

Wow…what an awesome deal! Congratulations!

That’s an awesome deal. I just returned today from a week at AKL. The parks are extremely busy. The hotel did not seem to be full at all. There were a significant amount of Brazilian tour groups. I wonder if these types of groups are filling up the value hotels and Disney is offering these upgrades to more frequent guests…would definately be a smart idea.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;979497]So anyone have any ideas on WHY IN THE WORLD they would upgrade from a Value to a DVC? I played with some numbers and if we booked the same trip, it would have cost roughly $2,000 more! That is using rack rates but still… looking at a value vs. DVC???

I am SO not complaining but I am curious…

Woohoo! Got the confirmation! Not a nasty trick on me. It is real!!!

By the way- the honey listed in my countdown is really wishing he would have decided to come on ANOTHER Disney trip with me now! Naner naner boo boo![/QUOTE]

There are a couple of reasons. First, DVC and Disney are hoping that you’ll take a look at DVC and maybe buy in after you stay at the resort. Another reason is they have opened up another room at a value resort. Disney will have an easier time booking the value room than a one or two bedroom at rack rate.

It’s exciting, enjoy your stay.

How awesome! So excited for you! Now I’m jealous… I wanna an upgrade too! :slight_smile: haha

With a free upgrade to a one bedroom, SSR was the way to go.
However, given an equal choice between OKW and SSR, I’d have chosen OKW.
We had a one bedroom there and I really liked it.
And yet, all things being equal, today my choice would be BLT (not that that is even being offered to you)