Saratoga Springs

This is a first trip as DVC members and we are staying on builders points. We have a studio but I am not sure what building I should request. We have a car but I really want to be close to the main building and the main pool.
Also do they ever upgrade DVC members

Any suggestions would be helpful

Closest to the Main Building is The Springs. Next best is The Grandstand.

Yes Llama is right, the Springs. We stayed there this past Dec and it was wonderful. Here are pics of our room number, the building and our view from our room. We had a one bedroom.

I absolutely LOVE the Springs section & Grandstand. Perfect distance from everything & easy to get around. I’ve never been upgraded, room category wise, but I don’t know if they ever do it or not.

[QUOTE=slist;940919]This is a first trip as DVC members and we are staying on builders points. We have a studio but I am not sure what building I should request. We have a car but I really want to be close to the main building and the main pool.
Also do they ever upgrade DVC members

Any suggestions would be helpful[/QUOTE]

We stayed in the Springs section last October and it was very convenient to the main building and pool. I wouldn’t say that about any other section but haven’t tried them myself either. As far as I know, DVC members do not get upgraded. Have a magical trip! :mickey:

No two ways about it!!! The Springs is a must!!!

I am leaving on Thursday for SSR. Is the Springs section good for bus travel to the parks or did you use boat? We have 2 BR villa.

Should I call and ask for The Springs now, or upon check in? Thanks!

I don’t see it as a problem with calling ahead.

We have stayed in the springs twice and loved it. You are close to the main house and the main pool. A friend of mine will be there next week and he said that main pool is closed, I dont know for how long so you might want to look into that cause if the main pool is closed and you are in the springs its a long walk to another quiet pool in the other sections.

Another fan of SSR chiming in…loved it there. I was in the Paddock and loved it.

High Rock Pool at SSR is closed (tomorrow) for refurbishment and opens March 31st. Now what do I do - I don’t want to go to Disney and have our feature pool closed. Old Key West feature pool is open to guests at SSR during refurbishment. There are 3 leisure/quiet pools open at SSR. They are saying that they can’t move me anywhere.

We stayed in the Springs this past October, and it’s definitely the closest to the main building and pool. I imagine you would have quite a walk anywhere else…

The alligators sunning in the pool area are a drag.

We’ve stayed at the Springs which is very convenient to the pool and restaurant. We also stayed at Congress Park which was a short walk to the food court, and after all we ate, the walk was needed!

That is disappointing. Unfortunately, there’s probably nothing you can do about moving to another resort. The Grandstand section has a really nice “quiet” pool. I’d request a room in that section. I don’t know the age of your children - but if they’re younger, the Grandstand is a perfect area with a playground.

Great pictures mickeyspal! The one wit the swans under the arch looks like an advertisement!