Savanna view or concierge

Hi everybody,

We have a 2 night stay in a 1 bdrm savanna view this December, and I am trying to figure if I should upgrade to concierge and if this means I may not get a savanna view.

My understanding is that concierge does not guarantee you a savanna view.

Please provide some feedback on what the concierge benefits are and if I am correct in that if I upgrade to concierge I may not get a savanna view.

I am stuck, I want to upgrade to concierge, but I also want to have the savanna view.

What would you choose and why?

I would chose savanna. Just think you can have concierge at any deluxe resort, but you can only have Savanna view at AKL

You can come home and treat yourself to extras, but when can you look out the window to see a giraffe?

Sue299, that is how I see it as well, we got lucky to get a savanna view, but I hear positive info about concierge. That is why I want info from other members.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to try concerige level since I have the pts for it but I was told no guar about the SV.

There are only five 2-BR lockoff units in Concierge. Three face the savanna and two face the pool. They are extremely hard to book.

I would just go with the SV. In my opinion, concierge is nice but not worth the loss of the view. I wouldn’t even stay at AKV if I didn’t have the SV. (I haven’t stayed but would for that reason only)

I would choose the savannah room over concierge hands down. Waking up to and going to bed after looking at those beautiful animals is more of a benefit than concierge to me…it’s just so peaceful watching them.

I say SV…I :heart: waking up and seeing the animals.

I too feel the same way about the opportunity to experience the savanna view.

I have two other questions.

If we already have a savanna view can we not simply add the points and have the concierge benefit and still keep our savanna view.

The other question deals with the comfort of the sleeper sofa and chair. I am prepared to be inconvenienced for two nights sleeping on the couches than have a 2 bdrm unit that does not have a savanna view, however, the other members are pushing for the 2 bdrm for comfort.

How comfortable are the couches, and how wide is the sleeper chair?

As always thanks!

[QUOTE=wdw&tk;894185]I too feel the same way about the opportunity to experience the savanna view.

I have two other questions.

If we already have a savanna view can we not simply add the points and have the concierge benefit and still keep our savanna view.

The other question deals with the comfort of the sleeper sofa and chair. I am prepared to be inconvenienced for two nights sleeping on the couches than have a 2 bdrm unit that does not have a savanna view, however, the other members are pushing for the 2 bdrm for comfort.

How comfortable are the couches, and how wide is the sleeper chair?

As always thanks![/QUOTE]

We stayed Concierge this year at AK and although it was very nice having the lounge, I would choose view over that benefit if I couldn’t get both. I already had the whole trip planned, so I didn’t need the concierge staff at all.
The lounge snacks wouldn’t substitute for a meal- it’s just not that type of food.

As Mike said, the 2 bdrm might not even be available…

Something else… both of my kids thought that the bunk bed mattresses were really uncomfortable.

I guess I am on the different end of the spectrum with everyone else. Having stayed concierge with a savanna view a few months ago I would have to say I loved the lounge. Don’t get me wrong- I loved the view from our balcony as well but we spent very little time out there. I LOVE the resort but I think a pool view is beautifull.
The reason I would pick the lounge is because you can go anywhere on the resort and view the animals but you are not allowed to go to the lounge if you didn’t book a concierge room.
We had breakfest in the lounge every morning, snacks when we came back from the parks in the afternoon, some apps before our evening ADRs and my DH had a beer anytime he wanted. In the morning you can make yourself a toasted bagel, grab a coffee and sit on the 3rd floor viewing area and get the same effect as you would on your own balcony. If I had the choice of savanna or concierge I would choose concierge.

Any way you go, AKL is sooooo amazing, you won’t be disapointed with either option.