School trip to Epcot

It’s been awhile since I’ve been in here. Since our best laid plans went asunder back in November. Our summer trip has been canceled. :crying: We may be heading to Chicago instead.

Buuuuuttttt…my 11 yr old’s 6th grade class is going to Epcot for the day on March 8th, and I volunteered to chaperone.:biggrin: I must be insane, I was told 3 girls, now it’s 2 girls 2 guys and I may end up being the only parent. ACK!:blink: So my question is what can I do with these kids in Epcot that would be ‘cool’ for them. I’ve only ever gone as a family where all ages had been addressed. Not just preteens.

I don’t want to waste time dragging them to ‘boring’ stuff. My dd and I have been racking our brains trying to think and remember things. We’ve in total been to WDW over 8 times each and have been labeled ‘the one’s to talk to’ and all knowing of the group. So the kids keep asking dd what HAS to be done.

I was thinking the Coke pavilion for sure, anything else other than Test Track, etc?

Thanks!

Kim possible. They will love it. Soarin, Spaceship Earth. Look at the animals in The Seas. you will have no problem eating up most of the day.

For 11 yrs i’d do TT, Soarin, SE with Innoventions after and definitely Kim Possible. And don’t forget The Beverly! Something all ages can appreciate :laugh:

My 6th grader also loves the boat ride inside the Land… although she is not like most 6 th graders… You will have no trouble getting through the day. They will all have an idea of what they want to do if you ask them.

It is a a great time so we can do everything. It was really relaxing.

Awww this is so great! I absolutely love EPCOT.
If you’re doing World Showcase, definitely queue for Maelstrom in Germany because that ride is great and you only ever wait about 10 mins at the most! :laugh:

You are an absolute SAINT for volunteering. It’s not like you have any ulterior motive or anything…:laugh:

Are they going for a specific reason - I mean, are they going to have to do a project on something? Or is it just for fun? Universe of Energy and the Living Seas would probably be the most educational…

SUM OF ALL THRILLS in Innovention! This is a simulator where you get to build your own roller coaster! My DD (11) LOVED IT!!! She loves everything at Epcot though EXCEPT Ellen’s Energy Adventure she HATES that! We’ve never tried Mission:Space so I’m not sure about that one.

Wow! I didn’t know you could build your own coaster in Innovention. We’ve been three times already and it’s amazing how much more there is to see each time! I love the build your own coaster in Disney Quest though! that is fantastic!! :laugh:

We loved The Great PiggyBank Adventure in Innoventions, which teaches how to save and plan for the future. Lots of fun.

Woah, sounds cool! We have so much to look forward to.
As do you! You’re down to double figures wooo! 38 days is NOTHING!!
I bet you’re mega excited!! :happy:

I’d like a simulator where you can build “real world” coasters, not the flights of fantasy that Cyber Space Mountain offers.

I mean the chance to design and ride something like the coasters at BG, SeaWorld, and Uni. You know, something that’s actually possible.
This way, you could have the chance to ride today’s current great coasters without having to travel all over the world (and be forced to remove your shoes before you get on the plane:laugh:).

[QUOTE=llama;1102262]You are an absolute SAINT for volunteering. It’s not like you have any ulterior motive or anything…:laugh:

Are they going for a specific reason - I mean, are they going to have to do a project on something? Or is it just for fun? Universe of Energy and the Living Seas would probably be the most educational…[/QUOTE]

Why yes…yes I am a saint for volunteering, no ulterior motives it all:whistling

It’s just a 6th grade class trip. $70 per person, charter bus, etc. So definitely worth it. The 7th grade class is going to Sea World the same day. 8th I think goes to Adventure Island or something in April.

I was also thinking Maelstrom too, since we always seem to skip it. I’d really rather do lunch in the World Showcase so the kids can pick and choose what they want. TT, Soarin’, and a few others are MUSTS per dd. So I guess we need to figure out a route to get to the major’s 1st. Thing is, I’m a weenie and have been on neither TT or Soarin’. This aught to be interesting. :ph34r:

You will have fun, even f you don’t ride any of those… Although, Soarin can be fun- if you are not too scared of heights.

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1102283]Woah, sounds cool! We have so much to look forward to.
As do you! You’re down to double figures wooo! 38 days is NOTHING!!
I bet you’re mega excited!! :happy:
[/QUOTE]

Well, I’m excited. I would be MEGA excited if I was going to WDW - but I’m going to Palm Springs - which is nice too - but not WDW.:happy: But we do get a day in DL - so I’m excited for that!

Oh yes! I didn’t even realise… just seen ‘Disney Countdown’ and ‘38 days’ and was like :ohmy:
I’m sure it will be fun all the same though!! :happy:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1102289]I’d like a simulator where you can build “real world” coasters, not the flights of fantasy that Cyber Space Mountain offers.

I mean the chance to design and ride something like the coasters at BG, SeaWorld, and Uni. You know, something that’s actually possible.
This way, you could have the chance to ride today’s current great coasters without having to travel all over the world (and be forced to remove your shoes before you get on the plane:laugh:).[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! I see your point there. I’m not very brave myself, in fact it was only the last time we went to FL that I went on Rock n Roller coaster and Tower of Terror in HS, and Expedition Everest in AK!!
My sister & I are the same… so last time we got braver and will continue to be brave this time!!
We’ll be going to SeaWorld so hopefully we’ll brave Kraken!! :laugh: