Sci-Fi Diner opinions

When we went to the Sci-Fi Diner this past August the food was not very good. Its one of the best places to eat at DHS due to the atmosphere but the food quality will keep us away for awhile. The Cherry Coke was awesome but it was down hill from there…bummer.

Anyone have an opinion?

We were there in July and the food was ok but not great. We did like the shakes though.

Did Sci-Fi on our 2005 trip ~ it was the one I looked forward to the most and we were all very disappointed in the food. The atmosphere is awesome but the food killed the experience. I don’t remember exactly what we ate, but we were there for dinner. And we were 5 adults and 5 kids, so there were many things ordered.

We love Sci Fi. I always get a burger and its by far one of the best I’ve found at wdw. The shakes are great too.

I actually went to the SciFi for the first time in probably almost 10 years this past Feb. and it was my DH first time going there ever. My DH actually requested that we go back, so we will be dining there next week. He is a total burger and fry guy, so I think that is why he liked it so much. Personally, it is not my favorite place to eat at WDW, but I have never been disappointed in the food or had bad service there and the atmosphere is great.

I had a burger there and LOVED it! maybe SciFi’s speciality are burgers, fries, and shakes… probably should stick to thoses…

We go for the experience and the ADULT BEVERAGES…but not necessarily the food. It’s definitely a burgers and fries place…

That could be my downfall, by the time we actually sat at the Sci-Fi I had enough burgers and fries from the counter service places that I tried something different. But my DS said the kids pizza was not good at all and my DD ate all her macaroni with no complaints.

We went three times last year and ate there each time. In July it was good, In November it was yuck and in December it was good. Personally I think most of the food places at HS are not as good as the other parks. I like the Brown Derby but I don’t think it is worth two sit down meals. Just my personal opinion.

[QUOTE=monrailrider;993085]When we went to the Sci-Fi Diner this past August the food was not very good. Its one of the best places to eat at DHS due to the atmosphere but the food quality will keep us away for awhile. The Cherry Coke was awesome but it was down hill from there…bummer.

Anyone have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

I think this thread might need to be moved over to the WDW Threads, this is the Disneyland Resort Restaurant Threads, and it didnt seem like anyone was asking if Disneyland had a restaurant similar to the one in DHS. Just a suggestion!

fixed, thanks Tim.:happy:

[QUOTE=monrailrider;993085]When we went to the Sci-Fi Diner this past August the food was not very good. Its one of the best places to eat at DHS due to the atmosphere but the food quality will keep us away for awhile. The Cherry Coke was awesome but it was down hill from there…bummer.

Anyone have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

I totally agree - awesome atmosphere, “eh” food. I thought the menu was kind of limited, which was my own fault for not checking it out before we made the ressie. The experience was great, but I didn’t come out with a burning desire to go back.

We ate there last year and I had the ribs. The were OK. Nothing to write home about, but decent.
My two biggest complaints are how shallow the tables are in the cars, creating a small table without sufficient room for 4 plates and 2 glasses and the coming attractions reel that isn’t more than 35-40 minutes long, so you are guaranteed to see things twice.
How about adding trailers to lengthen the reel or playing 90 minute features and multiple episodes of serials (Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordon, Commando Cody).
The menu is limited, but all of Disney increasingly suffers from this same problem.
Once every 3 years is enough for me I guess.

We like Sci Fi but always stick to the basics. I like the Reuben or a burger and we’re always happy.

There is nothing wrong with the food - perfectly acceptable for an Applebee’s or TGIF. We just expect more from Disney.

Atmosphere is a blast.

We ate there last week and weren’t too crazy about it…food was ok and waiter wasn’t that great. And yeah, the table space is kind of small. I had the shrimp and artichoke pasta (shrimp were huge, but not the best, but then…I am from Louisiana) and my husband had the Reuben.

We just got a reservation for the Sci-Fi for our December trip. I have never been, but my 11 year old saw it online and wanted to try it.

For a first time you should find it enjoyable.

First time we went DD11 was 5 months and asleep in her stroller. I was impressed most by the fact that they didn’t force the “park your stroller outside” policy and allowed us to bring it/her inside next to our table so not to wake her by moving her. Aside from that… their burgers are good, their shakes are really, really good esp if you’re looking for a mid-day type of snack to take a break out of the heat from.

Sci-Fi is a tradition for us. The food is o.k… We just do a lite lunch (burger) usually. Love the atmosphere. The clips could be longer, but they are fun to watch.