Sci-Fi drive in or 50"s cafe?

OK, I have 3 kids (3,5 and 6) two boys one girl and three adults.
Which do you think is better for dinner? I am also talking food here as well as atmosphere. Please tell me all what you think about this.:wacko:

I think the kids may like the atsmosphere of Sci Fi cause it’s cool and you eat in cars, but the food is better at 50’s in my opinion.

Got to agree with Dana. They won’t know any of the shows on the tv (or the movies clipd for that matter) but I think they will enjoy “Mom” bossing everyone around when they are a little older.

50s is more fun for me, but I don’t know if younger kids would appreciate it as much. They bring out “homework” sometimes which I love… but I doubt kids want to do homework when they’re on vacation! :laugh:

I do have to agree with others that the food is WAY better at 50s!

The drive-in can’t be beat for that age!

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;926953]50s is more fun for me, but I don’t know if younger kids would appreciate it as much. They bring out “homework” sometimes which I love… but I doubt kids want to do homework when they’re on vacation! :laugh:

I do have to agree with others that the food is WAY better at 50s![/QUOTE]

OH wow, Homework! :eek:I didn’t know that they did that.LOL! I have to say I agree with all of you on what you have been saying. Which means you all are not helping me much…:huh::wacko::laugh:LOL
Someone HELP, I don’t know what to do.:confused:

Homework indeed! It’s optional… extra credit, if you will. :happy: You can pick your subject. I forget what they are… I want to say geography is an option? :confused:

Good fun for adults/older kids reminiscing or burning time while waiting for food… probably not so much fun for kids who actually do homework like that on a daily basis. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Disney Dreamer;926958]OH wow, Homework! :eek:I didn’t know that they did that.LOL! I have to say I agree with all of you on what you have been saying. Which means you all are not helping me much…:huh::wacko::laugh:LOL
Someone HELP, I don’t know what to do.:confused:[/QUOTE]

I really think you should wait to take them there in a few years when the humor will be more appeciated. I think you would be best off at Scr-fi or just skipping out HS for dinner and going to the near-by Beach Club and having burgers at Beaches and Cream.

I would go for the 50’s cafe as I have ate dinner there. GREAT FOOD and my grandkids loved it. I didn’t care for the menu at Sci Fi. I have eaten at the Sci Fi twice and the first time I loved the menu but it had changed by the second time.

We just got back. Ate at both the 50’s and Sci-fi. My DD 10,9 and 5 are still talking about eating in the cars and seeing how weird TV was when Nan and pop were little.
They have not even mentioned the 50’s. Yes from an adult standpoint the food is better. But kids that age generally could care less as long as they have fries! LOL!

We’ve been to both several times and have always enjoyed both. I think the food is better at 50’s PT but my son has always liked Sci Fi better. The atmosphere at Sci Fi is just so unique.

We ate at 50’s Prime Time last Oct. and had a blast.
I think kids will like it a little more, but Sci-Fi is great also.
I think the food is better at 50’s.

Sci Fi is a firm favourite of ours whereas 50’s sometimes can be a little too much over the top- however, as all above says the food at 50’s istter but I think for children, Sci Fi is a much better bet.

We love the 50’s Cafe for both food and atmosphere. We ate there last year and our kids were 1/3/5 and they loved it. The waiter joked with them and did funny things like passing them ketchup through the little window in the wall behind them, they thought it was hilarious. He even joked with our youngest about dropping the raisins she was eating on the floor and made her laugh. We all loved it.

I can’t comment too much on Sci-Fi. I ate there a number of years ago, but we skipped it last year as it was recommended to us that the kids wouldn’t understand the movie clips and some might scare them.

Happy Dining!!

Hmmm - I haven’t been to either in quite awhile… But I think the food at 50’s is better than Sci-fi. There’s lots to entertain kids too.

My DD had prefers Sci-Fi over 50’s. We do too actually. We went to 50’s when she was 4 and she HATED it! Sci-Fi on the other she has loved since she was 3. She is now 8 and still loves going there.

I’ve always preferred Sci-Fi to '50’s Prime Time.
Just try to get a larger car. Also, the “tables” or rather lap boards tend to be not as deep as they should be, so your table space is kind of limited, hence the suggestion to get the larger car, especially with a group of 5.
Also, I prefer the menu at Sci-Fi over '50’s Prime Time.

Kids…Sci-Fi! They’ll love it!

I think the kids would enjoy either, they are both awesome atmospheres! But I would recommend 50’s PTC just because of how little they are. Sci-Fi is kinda dark, and a lot of the seating won’t allow all six of you guys to sit next to each other in the same booth, but you would be able to share the same car, which the booths are built into, unless you guys could get a larger booth. But Sci-fi is awesomeee. And as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved it. It’s such a neat experience, I always have a hard time picking between the two. But as far as the experience with little kids and the restaurants, my nieces and nephews like 50’s better, they don’t not like Sci-fi, but they ALWAYS talk about 50’s. The interaction are both are very entertaining, but in my opinion my nieces and nephews enjoy 50’s PTC more, the oldest is 4. The enjoy feeling like youre in your own kitchen, and all the little games and activities youre ‘mom’ (waitress) plays on you!

But all kids are different, and maybe with the ages they are at they would be satisified with just enjoying sci-fi cartoons on a huge screen and eating inside a cool car! But if your kids are more interactive, i.e. they’ll play the games with the waitresses and such, I think they’d enjoy 50’s better. It all depends on what kind of kids you had! But honestly, I do think either would be fun for a kid!

Hope it helped! :smiley:

:blink: Oh, what to do, what to do? Everyone has been giving very good points! Oh, what to do, what to do? LOL!:laugh: