Screever's '4 parks one world christmas extravaganza'

Maybe not an extravaganza, but it is considered the best disney trip ever by both my parents.

Some highlights and low points before I organize my notes:

• the awesome perks of being a CM, even if I’m just a campus rep!
  • buying lots of stuff for once!
  • taking parents to AK for the first time
  • seeing nature truly in action at AK (seriously, it was intense!)
  • ‘losing’ mom’s camera :glare:
  • eating the best food ever
  • appreciating the best food ever
  • getting dad on Everest
  • my mom realizing she lost 3 pounds on this trip!!
  • cockroaches, come ON.
  • 70 degree weather and 30 degree weather, oy!
  • missing Jack Sparrow by literally ten seconds. i swear i’ll never see him
  • finding out Jose Carioca and Panchito have ‘gone home’ :crying:
  • doing things we hadn’t done in over 15 years
  • seeing the castle lit up and sparkly for MVMCP!
  • DHS (thats a low point)

I can’t wait to start, but I have to log it all away in my lil disney trip notebook before I stick it all here, cause I know I’ll forget something otherwise.

I don’t know if it was the best Disney trip ever for me personally, but knowing my parents enjoyed it so much has really made me feel better about it. Getting them in for free and letting them do pretty much what THEY wanted to made it feel like an early Christmas present for 'em. Which would be awesome, cause now I wouldn’t have to buy them anything. :laugh: Kidding!

I’ll start asap (and I’ll finish my DL TR to boot) but of course we fly home from a beautiful vacation last night, back into total family chaos, so I’ll try do my best.

I missed you all!!! :heart:

Sounds great!! Can’t wait to read your TR!!

Can’t Wait!! Glad to hear you had an amazing time!!

OoooOOoo, I hope that means you got to see the new baby gerenuk calf being born! Her name is Presley and I know she was born recently. :wub:

I can’t wait hear where you ate this great food!! There are so many restuarants, I can’t imagine where you were!

I read that DHS was a “low point”. It didn’t say that after the cockroaches :ohmy:
I wonder what you got to see at AK.

Welcome back! Cant wait to read all about it. Are you posting pictures??? I hope to get my mom on some rides but I doubt it. Her excuse is she has a bad back and she is pushing 50. COME ON MOM… :laugh: looking foward to more…

My mom is 61 and has a bad back too. She was picky, but even then we still kind of pushed it now and then. EG. on the Safari, we had to sit in the LAST row, making it extremely bumpy and uncomfortable for ALL of us. Like, small children could have been thrown out of their seats. (Ask for front row, OY.) She avoided all the thrill rides as well, coasters of all sizes, Test Track… I did most of those with pops, but even he, the thrill seeker, drew some lines in the sand now and then (said NO to Space Mountain and ToT. Good for him!)

Be careful on It’s a Small World! My mom really wanted to do it, but the loading and release area of the ride is really really bumpy. ALMOST as bad as Safari. She was okay, but it was still scary. I would ask a CM if they’ve fixed that before you take your mom on it and risk ruining her back.

I know how it is to want your parents to get on all the rides with you, but if her back problems are legit, don’t push it, cause a painful back makes an unhappy mommy. :frown:

…wait, you’re older than me, right? And your mom is 50? I’m so confused. :laugh:

Wait a minute you two. I am pushing 53 and do all those rides. You guys make it sound like over 50 should pack it in and go away :pinch:
My gosh, I am going to live until I am 113.

[QUOTE=Dopey;911066]Wait a minute you two. I am pushing 53 and do all those rides. You guys make it sound like over 50 should pack it in and go away :pinch:
My gosh, I am going to live until I am 113.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t mean it like that. :laugh: Quite the opposite from my mom, my dad just turned 61 and he runs almost 6 miles a day AND goes to the gym. And he only started doing this about 4 years ago. Different strokes for different folks, Dopey! :heart:

Welcome back and were all waiting to hear all about your trip

OH can’t wait to hear about your trip! :happy:

Have you been eating your chocolate? :heart:

[QUOTE=Dopey;911032]I read that DHS was a “low point”. It didn’t say that after the cockroaches :ohmy:
I wonder what you got to see at AK.[/QUOTE]

I thought the cockroaches were a given as a negative. :laugh: Lots of people like DHS though…

Details, details! When will we hear details? Oh, sorry, no rush or anything…

Welcome back, can’t wait to read the TR sounds terrific!..plus dying to know how you missed JS by 10 seconds???

Okay, here I goooooooo!

Friday was a no-fuss travel day. Everything went smoothly and we got to sit in first class. :heart: Pretty sweet.

I made dad drive straight to Access Control so I could get my CM badge renewed before they closed, then we snagged dinner at the Red Lobster almost across from DTD (we had a coupon!) then found the Hilton at SeaWorld, then got some groceries, then had dinner! Whew.

The Hilton timeshare resort at SeaWorld is so charming and user-friendly. (Barring the pay-per-minute internet use, hmph.) My mom and I would love to stay there again next time we visit Orlando. I sadly don’t have any pictures of the place, but we got a two-bedroom, and there was a couch, extra sink, and mini fridge in my half. It was like my own apartment! I think my parents were more tickled about that than I was–go fig!

We get a good night’s sleep before Epcot on Saturday…dun dun dun!

[QUOTE=Dopey;911066]Wait a minute you two. I am pushing 53 and do all those rides. You guys make it sound like over 50 should pack it in and go away :pinch:
My gosh, I am going to live until I am 113.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing! :laugh: My Dad is only 51 and I can GUARANTEE you he is going to outride me on California Screamin’ next month at Disneyland. He is a thrill ride junkie!

Oh, I know what it is! My parents got married young but waited almost 15 years to have kids. Thus they could be grandparents by now. Go figure! :closedeye

[QUOTE=Screever;911131]Okay, here I goooooooo!

Friday was a no-fuss travel day. Everything went smoothly and we got to sit in first class. :heart: Pretty sweet.

I made dad drive straight to Access Control so I could get my CM badge renewed before they closed, then we snagged dinner at the Red Lobster almost across from DTD (we had a coupon!) then found the Hilton at SeaWorld, then got some groceries, then had dinner! Whew.

The Hilton timeshare resort at SeaWorld is so charming and user-friendly. (Barring the pay-per-minute internet use, hmph.) My mom and I would love to stay there again next time we visit Orlando. I sadly don’t have any pictures of the place, but we got a two-bedroom, and there was a couch, extra sink, and mini fridge in my half. It was like my own apartment! I think my parents were more tickled about that than I was–go fig!

We get a good night’s sleep before Epcot on Saturday…dun dun dun![/QUOTE]

No hotel pics?! Slacker. . . :ph34r: :laugh:
Glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ve heard great things about that place from a few people!

Can’t wait for more!

sorry what is DHS?