Sea World day

I am going to for 10 days. I will be arriving on a Sunday and leaving on a Tuesday in the last week of August. Do you think it would be best go to Sea World half way during the trip or to wait until that Saturday when the traffic flow in the parks will most definately be heavier? I had originally decided to go there on the Thursday after we arrive (kinda a half way point), but now am thinking that maybe not going to the WDW parks that weekend may be a better plan. Suggestions? You also get a second day free admission with the Sea world and if I go there on Thursday rather than Saturday, we could go back again before we leave if we choose to. What would you do and why?

I would go early in the trip and get the free second day. You might want to go back before your trip ends. We were there last week, and noticed that they have really cut down on the shows. There was only 2 shamu shows that day (like 11 and 5 pm) and most of the others only had 2 or 3. You might have to go back in order to enjoy it to the fullest.

Thanks for the advice and the tip lexie. Its definately something to consider.

I agree. When we went in February I was glad I had that second day. I couldn’t have seen all the shows in one day. We ended up spending about 1 and a half days at Sea World.

With a 10 day trip, I think we may go back a second time. It’ll be nice to have the option too anyway. We are also going to Disney Quest again too, so I am not entirely sure if we are going to do SW twice or not. We are not going to rent a car, so it will be an expensive two times at SW if we do it.

I was just reading that you can take the Links bus transportation from the ticket and transportation center to sea world, that would be a big savings.

I like the mid-week option, too, for different reasons. Sea World will be more crowded on the weekend, and just from familiarity’s sake, you’re better equipped to deal with a crowded WDW than SW. You also have lots of days at WDW, so if a couple of them are more crowded, it makes less difference.

We went on a sunday and the crowd wasnt too bad. I would really have rather gone there for 2 days instead of one cause with us just going the one day we were rushing around trying to catch all the shows etc and it was very tireing…

I’m just too selfish. No way could I give up 2 of my Disney days for 2 SeaWorld, even if I was there for 2 weeks. :happy::heart:

This is a day trip we both agreed on. We went to Sea World for the day several years ago and have not left property since. It’s nice to break the week up with something else. When you have been going to WDW every single year for many years and are going on an extended 10day trip in August, it’s nice to have a break in the middle. We are also skipping the parks another day and just doing Disney Quest and DTD. We have done the parks so many dang times that we tour them on auto pilot.:laugh: If it wasn’t so expensive, I would try to find a way to see Universal too. I am just not interested in paying even more admission prices. Even with not going to WDW parks for two days possibly, I still have 2days for each park and then some as we hop a lot. That’s plenty for even the die-hard WDW fans such as myself.

Excellent point. Thank you Andrea.

With Seaworld you have to have a plan or your whole day gets messed up. Miss one show, and then you’ve pretty much missed them all (based on the schedule) Our Brownie troop went two years ago in May, it was so crowded when we were waiting to get into the park, I thought jeesh this is going to be nuts, but with the big arenas for the shows and all the walk through attractions it didn’t feel crowded once we got insided. August could be a different story, but there are a few “Splash Mtn” type rides and they chill the beer to perfection! :laugh:

I think you can do it in a day with time to spare . . . since you don’t have smaller children. The water park area is what sucks in the little ones, and there is a few hours right there!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;996240]With Seaworld you have to have a plan or your whole day gets messed up. Miss one show, and then you’ve pretty much missed them all (based on the schedule) Our Brownie troop went two years ago in May, it was so crowded when we were waiting to get into the park, I thought jeesh this is going to be nuts, but with the big arenas for the shows and all the walk through attractions it didn’t feel crowded once we got insided. August could be a different story, but there are a few “Splash Mtn” type rides and they chill the beer to perfection! :laugh:

I think you can do it in a day with time to spare . . . since you don’t have smaller children. The water park area is what sucks in the little ones, and there is a few hours right there![/QUOTE]

We did the rides (except for the new rollercoaster of course), 2 shows and saw a few animal exhibits, and fed everything we were allowed to last time we were there. We did the VIP tour and that helped with front of the line access and such. This time we are mostly focused on seeing the shows we missed and seeing every animal we can. We want to feed everything again too. We have a loose plan on what we want to see and do. I don’t care about the new coaster or the other rides for that matter, so the crowd thing won’t effect our touring all that much. Yeah, no small children here, but anything with water shooting out of it gets my 15year old DD’s attention especially if it’s hot. She has no problem walking through random water things and walking around soaking wet all day. I would rather sweat to death then be soaked.:laugh:

Guess you can say Sea World is our auto-pilot park since the one in TX is much closer to visit than FL so we’ve been many, many times. Not sure if it’s because the layout of the park and the stadiums are much bigger than in FL but crowds have never been a problem, even on a Sat in June, so we’ve always been able to accomplish all the shows and the rideswe wanted to do in one day with smart scheduling and had time to spare.
On our '07 trip we squeezed in a SW and Universal with Disney and by the time we boarded for our cruise we were parked out and pooped. So, we decided next time we go and plan to take a non-Disney break we’ll look into different non-park options.
Have Fun!:happy:

We are SO the same person. :laugh:

Actually - we’re triplets…I HATE that Atlantis ride! You get soaked.

Go on Thursday Dana - and take advantage of the 2 days. You loved Sea World and it’s a great break from WDW when you’re going on such a long trip.

[QUOTE=llama;996307]Actually - we’re triplets…I HATE that Atlantis ride! You get soaked.

Go on Thursday Dana - and take advantage of the 2 days. You loved Sea World and it’s a great break from WDW when you’re going on such a long trip.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think we are triplets my sistas from other mothers…lol

Yes, I think it will be Thursday. We may not even go back for the second time ,but it will be nice to have the option to.