Seafood? Where to go?

I am taking my mom with our family this year to Disney? Her one request was to eat somewhere that has seafood. Need some help on this one…what places have some good seafood selections?

FULTON’S!!!
That’s real seafood!
Narcoossee’s is good, but a little limited in choice and it is a 2 credit restaurant.
Flying Fish has some seafood dishes, but again, 2 credits and somewhat limited in scope, though these two are favorites of mine.
Also worth a look is Todd English’s bluezoo at the Dolphin.
Keep in mind that neither of these restaurants is on the dining plan.

If you want sushi, go to Tokyo Dining or California Grill. I think there’s also still a sushi bar in the Swan, but I’ve never been there.
Don’t waste your time on either Coral Reef or Cap’n Jack’s, their selections are too limited.

As always, check the menus at All Ears:
Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

we have actually never been to Downtown Disney. Is there any extra cost and will my DDP work there. If not, might do it anyway…this is my mom’s 1st trip to Disney - will try to get her what she wants.

I second Fulton’s in DtD. A little expensive on the $$ side, but well worth it. Good selection and fresh. We have also enjoyed Narcoossee’s at the GF. It is more limited, but also good.

OK, what else is there to do in DtD? We were told just shops and stuff. Like I said we might have to schedule 3 or 4 hours to eat at Fulton’s and cruise some shops and then back to the parks.

There is not cost to DtD (except for all of the shopping you will do). As far as the DDP, can not help you as we have never used it. You can get to DtD from any resort by taking the bus, just like going to a park.

There is no cost to go to Downtown Disney. Some restaurants take the dining plan and others may not.

You can read this to see which restaurants are on the dining plan: http://www.mousemisers.com/docs/diningplan09.pdf

All kinds of stores / shops in DtD. From the World of Disney, to fine art stores. and every thing else in between. There is also Disney Quest (extra cost), AMC movie theaters, Circ De Sole (extra but well worth the cost)

Hey - England has some good Fish & Chips.

Fultons and Flying Fish. I liked Fulton’s a lot, DH said his crab claws tasted frozen, my oysters were excellent. Fulton’s is not on the DDP
Flying Fish is my favorite they serve a great Yellowtail tartar

Down Town Disney is a great place to spend some time. At Cook’s of Dublin you can get great ‘Fish & Chips’ at a reasonable price.
Joe

I would recommend Flying Fish, this is Wolfgang Puck’s signature restaurant and has lots of good, fresh fish and sushi. It takes 2 Table Service credits from the Dining Plan, but I believe is worth it if you like good seafood.

DTD is a blast! Even if you dont spend a dime (but I bet you will!) there are street performers, a Disney celebration type parade thing, dancing outside near Earl of Sandwich (a great Counter service place if you go back for lunch) and the Lego store, even with no kids is a must see. There are lots of giant lego sculptures that are so cool - I love them.

Check out the menu of Flying Fish on allears.net. See if this is the kind of seafood she is looking for…

I don’t think you can use the DDP at Fulton’s. I’m pretty sure it’s not Disney owned and has no association with the dining plans.

These are the DtD restaurants that will take the dining plan:

Cookes of Dublin
Earl of Sandwich
FoodQuest
Wolfgang Puck Express
Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant
Planet Hollywood
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
Wolfgang Puck Cafe

I think Flying Fish is your best bet. It’s the best one on the DDP that I’ve heard of.

We’ve only been there once but it was soooo good.

OK, this is very wrong.

Flying Fish Cafe is located on/at the Boardwalk Inn. It is owned and operated by Disney. It is two credits because it is a Disney signature restaurant. It does not have any connection to Wolfgang Puck and does not serve sushi.

Wolfgang Puck’s Cafe in DTD IS on the dining plan, but is operated by Levy Restaurants, who also operate Fulton’s and Portobello Yacht Club in DTD. WPCafe is on the dining plan, is only one credit, offers sushi (however most sushi items are excluded from the meal plan). There is also an upscale upstairs dining room at WPCafe, but it is not on any dining plan. I think there is some oversight by Wolfgang Puck at his DTD restaurants, but over all, it’s Levy that is running the show. This is not a bad thing.

It’s actually little known, but Fulton’s does still participate in the top tier dining plans that are part of the gold and platinum vacation packages.
I just never mention it because most people posting here are more interested in the everyday regular MYW with standard dining vacation plans and not the all inclusive plans, which are pretty pricey unless you’re ready to eat three big meals every day, play golf, and use all of the sports, recreation, and tours that you can cram into a day.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;973064]OK, this is very wrong.

Flying Fish Cafe is located on/at the Boardwalk Inn. It is owned and operated by Disney. It is two credits because it is a Disney signature restaurant. It does not have any connection to Wolfgang Puck and does not serve sushi.

Wolfgang Puck’s Cafe in DTD IS on the dining plan, but is operated by Levy Restaurants, who also operate Fulton’s and Portobello Yacht Club in DTD. WPCafe is on the dining plan, is only one credit, offers sushi (however most sushi items are excluded from the meal plan). There is also an upscale upstairs dining room at WPCafe, but it is not on any dining plan. I think there is some oversight by Wolfgang Puck at his DTD restaurants, but over all, it’s Levy that is running the show. This is not a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Leave it to me to screw that all up! HA!:laugh::laugh::blush:

Okay, okay, I guess I have never been to Flying Fish, it is the Wolfgang Puck Cafe (downstairs) I was referring to.

Just keeping you on your toes, Soundgod! Thank you…:blush:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;972891]FULTON’S!!!
That’s real seafood!
Narcoossee’s is good, but a little limited in choice and it is a 2 credit restaurant.
Flying Fish has some seafood dishes, but again, 2 credits and somewhat limited in scope, though these two are favorites of mine.
Also worth a look is Todd English’s bluezoo at the Dolphin.
Keep in mind that neither of these restaurants is on the dining plan.

If you want sushi, go to Tokyo Dining or California Grill. I think there’s also still a sushi bar in the Swan, but I’ve never been there.
Don’t waste your time on either Coral Reef or Cap’n Jack’s, their selections are too limited.

As always, check the menus at All Ears:
Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World[/QUOTE]

I completely second everything Soundgod said here! Fulton’s is my favorite!