Seaonal Pass black-out dates for 2009

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the black-out dates passed Jan 2009.

I am trying to decide whether to re-new my passes now or wait. Spring Break for my son is the first week of April. He will be going back to school the day after Easter (April 13th). So if the tickets are not blacked out that week we will be headed to disney.

Also, those of you in the northern states…when is your 2009 Spring Break? I am curious as to whether our break is before, after, or during the same time frame. That may effect crowd levels…

Any info would be appreciated!

Cara

The Seasonal Passes are always blacked out around Easter,so it’s a safe bet that the week before Easter will be blacked out in 2009.

Are we talking about AP discounts or admission to the parks? I thought the annual passes where good everyday for a year!

Easter this year was early. My son’s school had their break from March 27th-April 4th. The black-out time ended on March 28th, the tickets were good on the 29th. We went to the parks over his spring break from March 29-April 1st.

My son’s break in 2009 is from March 27th-April 12th…Easter is the 12th. He goes back to school on the 13th according to the schedule we received (it could be revised by the school board of course). There is a good chance the tickets wont be valid the first week of April but maybe I will get lucky and the black-out wont start until mid week. Then we could go early in the week.

Just wish they would release the dates …

She is asking about the Florida Resident Annual Seasonal Pass. Us Floridians can get an annual pass which has blackout dates at a cheaper price. The blackout dates tend to be Christmas week through the first week of the New Year, a 2 week block in the Spring which I guess coincides with a large number of schools in the country and the second week of Jun through the second or third week of August.

DW & I have had it in the past and we are going to purchase them again for our trip in a couple weeks. The going rate is $230 for an adult. It works out perfectly for us as Christmas time we spend with both sides of the family. SPring Break would be too hectic and geez we live in Florida, we don’t want to be out in the summer heat for nothing hehehehe

Ok thanks! I was just a little confused!

They block them out according to Easter. Not Spring Break.

I was just looking for those dates, too.

I asked a few weeks ago and to the best of my memory it starts June 7th and goes until mid August. Then we are blacked out over Thanksgiving and the two weeks school is out for Christmas. We are blocked out again for New Years eve and day. As already mentioned, we are blocked out for Easter.

Basically, if school is out for a major holiday, we are blacked out.

It’s so worth th discount, though. We live close enough to desire NOT being there when the crowd levels are high (or when it’s approximately 2374 degrees out!)

My mother has a seasonal pass. She said they aren’t blacked out at Thanksgiving. The blackout period starts Dec. 19 or 20th and goes to the 2nd or 3rd of January.

According to Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World, here are the blackout dates for the 08-09 season passholders:

Florida Resident Seasonal Pass - A Seasonal Pass that entitles you to admission to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park except during the following blackout dates:

* March 31 to April 13, 2007
* June 9 to August 16, 2007
* December 22, 2007 to January 4, 2008
* March 15 to March 28, 2008
* June 7 to August 14, 2008
* December 21, 2008 to January 3, 2009

Florida Resident Special Offers

I find it odd that it doesn’t include the Thanksgiving holiday for 08.

Check it out - here’s 09’s blackout dates, too. This is from Disney’s FL resident section.

A Seasonal Pass entitles you to admission** to Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios™, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Except the following dates:

• March 15 - March 28, 2008

• June 7, 2008 - August 14, 2008

• December 21, 2008 - January 3, 2009

• April 4 - April 17, 2009

• June 6, 2009 - August 13, 2009

• December 19, 2009 - January 1, 2010
    **Except for activities/events separately priced.

You also get:

• The exclusive “Mickey Monitor” Passholder newsletter
  • Special offers on Walt Disney World® dining, merchandise, backstage tours, and much more!

When you order the Seasonal Pass, you will receive an exchange certificate in the mail. Redeem the exchange certificate for a Seasonal Pass at any Walt Disney World® Theme Park ticket window by presenting the exchange certificate and valid photo ID. The Seasonal Pass is valid for 365 days from exchange certificate redemption.

Proof of Florida residency is required – you must provide any one of the following:

• Florida driver’s license
  • Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
  • Florida voter’s registration card with corresponding picture ID
  • A college ID for a Florida college
  • Florida- based military ID

Passes are non-transferable, are only valid during regularly scheduled operating hours and exclude activities / events priced separately. No additional discounts apply.

http://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/TicketTrans#subcat2
(you can put in 32181 as a zip code - that’s mine!)

Yep, that’s how we feel! When I first got my passes and they told me the blackout dates I almost laughed . . . cuz I tried it TWICE in July and NEVER AGAIN!! I’m so spoiled with the nice weather and low crowds . . . I get super cranky when its TOO busy!! :laugh: :laugh:

Same!!! It’s close to complete misery in the summer. I have ALOT of respect for the families who come down that aren’t used to the heat and fight the crowds to give their children a nice vacation.

I am simply not that giving.

:laugh:

Me too! But we always do short trips . . . most families stay a week or so, so they can relax and enjoy the other amenities WDW has to offer!

Right now I have an AP and my mother has a Seasonal. We have it that way so that if she wants to go by herself and I don’t want to go with her(like that’s going to happen!!!),she can use my pass to get the free parking.

Where did you find this??? I wanted to go to the site and couldnt find it…