'Seasonal' dining price increases AGAIN?!?!?

OK, I am REALLY getting annoyed with this. Last time we were in WDW we were hit with the ‘seasonal restaurant price increases’ because it was around Thanksgiving, THEN they just announced that the seasonal price increases will be in effect AGAIN from May 24th-July 11th (during our trip of course). So great, now the NEXT time we go to WDW after our June trip (Dec. '09) we’re probably gonna get hit with it again because it’s close to Christmas?? This drives me ABSOLUTELY buggy, it directly effects all the teachers out there that are forced to visit WDW during school breaks. Why can’t they just leave the dang prices ALONE! I know it’s not a huge increase or anything but sheesh, it’s bad enough we have to deal with the crowds during peak seasons, high rates during prime dates, etc… Stop this nonsense already!!!
[B]
Taken from Allears:

Seasonal Pricing Returns May 24 - July 11, 2009 at these locations: 1900 Park Fare, Akershus, Biergarten, Boma, Cape May Café, Chef Mickey’s, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner only), ‘Ohana, Trails End, Tusker House. Prices will increase $4 for ages 10 and above and $2 for those 3-9.[/B]

So annoying.

Disney is starting to resemble the credit card companies–change the rules at any time for any reason they like. Squeeeezzzzzeeee the customer!

if they just raised the price across the board by $1, they would make more money…

This happened when we went last june and december also. we were on the dining plan over Christmas so it didn’t affect us, but last june cost us a bit more then expected because of it.

eventually it will hit the dining plan…

Yeah, seasonal all right!
This “season” stretches from Memorial Day weekend until the week after the 4th of July, including the start of school vacations.
I disagree with Hanwill, this won’t hit the dining plan, in fact if anything, this is because of the dining plan’s popularity.
We also got snagged by seasonal prices when we were there the week before Easter and of course, seasonal pricing is in effect from Thanksgiving through New Year’s.
At least I got a room discount, unlike the week before Easter, and that is worth a lot more than a dollar per person for buffet meals.

I remember this from last year. It’s silly…“seasonal prices”. What they mean is “it’s the busy season so we’re jacking up the prices to make some extra money.”
For what it’s worth I’d rather they just raise the prices and be done with it. People are still going to eat…they know that!

I find all this nickel and dime stuff so irksome. I’m with Bella- raise the price and be done with it.

Last trip, I noticed the kid’s meals went from $3.99 to $4.15

This doesn’t matter if you are on the dining plan right? Or do they add a surcharge to that as well?

Seasonal rises are wholly unfair, seems its always around the times the schools are on vacation. It happens here too with all the travel companies/airlines and hotels.

A lot of businesses jack up their prices seasonally. Gas goes up during the summer months because that’s when the oil companies figure people drive more, parking lot fees go up in seasonal resorts when that particular area experiences an increase in tourists. Guess this is Disney’s way of doing the same.

great reason to do the Dining Plan.

I do the Dining Plan every trip, I know it doesn’t effect me on my trip in that way, but it still bugs me for everyone else’s sake. :mad:

I agree this is frustrating. Thanks goodness we are on the dining plan this trip again. We were planning on paying OOP for some meals though, so it will make some difference I’m sure.

I agree with raising the price $1 pp, and just get it over with. This “seasonal” price thing is just more of the same “creative” price gouging!:glare:

BTW, I just noticed that not only are they going to be charging the seasonal prices, but they DID ALREADY RAISE PRICES on most of these restaurants too!!!:eek::glare::angry:

I have Boma on our schedule for June. Last week the dinner rate was $28.99. Its now $30.88 + Seasonal Prices!!!:mad:

Now I’m a little more ticked off. Our five year old will never get $16.99 value of food for this buffet, no way, no how!!!:angry: Just a bit overpriced, don’t ya think Disney?!.:glare:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;960803]BTW, I just noticed that not only are they going to be charging the seasonal prices, but they DID ALREADY RAISE PRICES on most of these restaurants too!!!:eek::glare::angry:

I have Boma on our schedule for June. Last week the dinner rate was $28.99. Its now $30.88 + Seasonal Prices!!!:mad:

Now I’m a little more ticked off. Our five year old will never get $16.99 value of food for this buffet, no way, no how!!!:angry: Just a bit overpriced, don’t ya think Disney?!.:glare:[/QUOTE]

Wait! What?? Where did you see this price increase? I was thinking of doing the CS dining plan for our June trip - works out better for us and paying outta pocket for Trails End . . . where do you see the prices? :eek:

This WHOLE dining increase is INSANE!!! :mad:

WDW Restaurant and Dining News

WDW Restaurant and Dining News

I was looking on AllEars last week trying to figure out prices of some of the buffets because we will paying OOP for a couple. I priced out Boma, Ohana & Biergarten and just noticed today they had updated prices on quite a few restaurants on the website today. I can’t believe they are double dipping with these increases! Not fair!:glare:

It will now cost us $26.99 pp for breakfast at Ohana in June?!?! I don’t think so!:angry: Thats an $8 increase! :eek:

I’m assuming they are doing this to make up for the enormous discounts they have been offering. It’s like purchasing a car, either they get you on the trade or the purchase. Regardless, they have to make a certain amount of money or business will not continue. So, if you get in cheaper, you will have to pay elsewhere, which I guess Disney has chosen food.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;960873]I was looking on AllEars last week trying to figure out prices of some of the buffets because we will paying OOP for a couple. I priced out Boma, Ohana & Biergarten and just noticed today they had updated prices on quite a few restaurants on the website today. I can’t believe they are double dipping with these increases! Not fair!:glare:

It will now cost us $26.99 pp for breakfast at Ohana in June?!?! I don’t think so!:angry: Thats an $8 increase! :eek:[/QUOTE]

I saw that too!! $36.99 for dinner buffet at Trails End! OUCH!