Seaworld

I was able to get some free employee passes from someone I know, so went to Seaworld on 13 Dec.

Both me and my wife hadn’t been to Seaworld since we were teenagers some 20 years ago. We had an enjoyable time. Experience wise I would compare it to Animal Kingdom. Most of the attractions were shows except for Atlantis, the roller coaster, and the penguin and shark walk throughs. The crowds were light and we were saw everything by late afternoon except for the roller coaster (which we could easily have done since it was a walk on).

The funny thing is that while “Shamu” is the famous show with a big theater, we both thought the dolphin show was better.

Atlantis is a combination log flume/roller coaster ride. It is not themed throughout the entire ride like Splash Mountain is. You WILL get wet no matter where you sit. It is fun though.

Food was decent, but the only alcholic beverages available was beer. I understand that the park is owned by AB, but I thought it would be nice to have a couple of stands that offered wine (my preferred alcholic beverage). There is a sitdown restaurant that looked like it had an interesting menu, (and it did have wine). Since it is tied to the Shark building, I assume it is like the Coral Reef at Epcot Center, with windows into the shark tank.

All in-all it was a good experience. Would I buy an annual pass, no, but we may go back every 2 or 3 years now.

Sounds like you had a great time.

We love Sea World - it’s a ‘must do’ every year for us, a small park with a lovely ambience-glad you enjoyed your visit.

We just went too and really enjoyed it. It is a nice park for a slower pace. We love the shows and animal interactions. I am glad that you had a nice time.

Nice report. We love Seaworld too, its really a beautiful park that you can take in at a slower pace. I love the shows there and the animal exibits.

Thanks for the info. I am planning to go on my next trip for the first time.

We were just there in Nov. , we had a great time. We really like all the animla interaction too! The Polar Express was fun too!

We love Seaworld and try to visit every second WDW trip. TI love the landscaping of the park and the more relaxed atmosphere - if you time it correctly you can go from show to show in succession in the morning and the enjoy the exhibits and rides in the afternoon. It’s really orchestrated well. AND they have the best chocolate cake in the world. The restaurant in the Shark Experience is quite amazing - although very expensive. We gave it a try and enjoyed eating with the sharks and the acquarium bar, but I don’t think we’d go again - the cost!:pinch:

Is there enought to do for a whole day?

[QUOTE=alexatdisney;917254]Is there enought to do for a whole day?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! You can do and see everything in a day, and the nicest thing is you’ll never be rushed. You can just stroll along. The gardens and landscaping are absolutely gorgeous. All the shows are good. (especially Shamu and The Clyde and Seymour Sea Lion Show - which is totally corny and funny - get there early to watch the Scurvy Pirate). The Dolphin show is very cool too - sort of Cirque de Soleil. It’s fun to feed the stingrays, dolphins and sea lions too.

ok, I was sti;; debating with myselft if I would go but now it’s decided I will go and buy my tickets then let the family know about it :ph34r:

Many thanks for the info :mickey:

Seaworld is a must do for us everytime we go! Its a fantastic day out with a really nice change of pace. The rides are really great and they are building a new one which looks to be really really cool! The shows are all amazing, I loved Clyde and Seamore take pirate Island, its by far one of the best and funniest shows there! Make sure you get there early to watch the Mime guy - he is fantastic! The late night events that they put on at certain times through the year is great too, even if its just for the repeat performance of Clyde and Seamore (Totally different themed show but in the same place with the same Sealions).

[QUOTE=alexatdisney;917254]Is there enought to do for a whole day?[/QUOTE]

yes in fact last time we were there in November we went for a day and a 1/2.
Plenty to do!
We bought our tickets on line. If you bought one day you got another day for free.
check the on line specials before you go!

while my g/f and I were in disney in december we actually met someone and he was so nice that he gave us some tickets and we were like what are they and he happened to work in busch gardens. The funny thing is that I had been dying to go to busch gardens but I would rather spend money on disney than busch gardens. so it was so cool that this guy we met gave us these tickets for free we ended up going off of our plan for disney and go to busch gardens. just like seaworld there was very small crowds! walk-on lines and most of the food was really good. what I did love was their meal plan its 24.99 for the entire day and you can eat all you want but certain things in all places. which I like a lot. lol! it was cool cuz the person that gave us the tickets was one of the guides with the animals he was doing a show on alligators and then we met him at the bird cage which my g/f is terrified of birds. that was hilarious.

only badd thing is that im not 21 yet so I cant get any beer yet. dangit!!!

Dis NeE 08, lucky you, getting those free ticket :cool:

I did leave out one part of my trip report. We originally were going to take my mother-in-law but she had cancel at the less minute. So we had one extra ticket when we arrived. Not knowing how the employee passes worked we went through the ticket queue (no one really line). Howerver they had a “greeter” who told us just to go to the gate.

However, I had already told my wife I wanted to find someone to give the extra ticket to. Luckily a family with two small childred walked in the queue about this time. I approached them offering the ticket for free. They were not from the states and did not quite understand me. Luckily the greeter came over and told them what it was. They finally understood and thanked me.

[QUOTE=gatour;919646]… I approached them offering the ticket for free… [/QUOTE]

You are now part of the nice memories of their vacation. That’s great!!

[QUOTE=gatour;919646]I did leave out one part of my trip report. We originally were going to take my mother-in-law but she had cancel at the less minute. So we had one extra ticket when we arrived. Not knowing how the employee passes worked we went through the ticket queue (no one really line). Howerver they had a “greeter” who told us just to go to the gate.

However, I had already told my wife I wanted to find someone to give the extra ticket to. Luckily a family with two small childred walked in the queue about this time. I approached them offering the ticket for free. They were not from the states and did not quite understand me. Luckily the greeter came over and told them what it was. They finally understood and thanked me.[/QUOTE]

Oh what a sweet kind thing to do I bet they were thrilled.