Security issue

in my previous post,I purposely left this out,one morning at 6.45 someone tried to get into our room,i called the front desk and they said the duty manager would get right back to me,well 20 minutes later,she finally called and said she would send a lock investigation team done to see who opened the door,you see the door was opened with no advance warning at all,that meant someone had a key and used it,luckily for us the safety latch was engaged,well they said they would get back to me with the results,no one got back to usat all ,even though the lock investigation was done twice and when i would go to the front desk and ask ,they said i see when you called,and that an investigation was ordered and did they not contact you with results,i said no,nomessages on the phone nothing,welli willhave someone get back to you ,no one ever did ,so on the last day i pursued it and still no answer…wasn’t housekeeping,wasn’t maintenace,…it was curious because of the silence…but during the trip we noticed security vehicles around a little more

Oh my gosh, that’s scary and very strange how no one has followed this through with you. Me personally, I wouldn’t let that drop I’d want to know what had been done (if anything) the thing is you had the door catch on, maybe the next guest wont…doesn’t bear thinking about- glad you’re safe.

Wow! That is scary! Glad you were safe!

Strange.

At night, we always use the safety lock as well as the secondary deadbolt.
That deadbolt won’t open without a physical pass key, not just a key card.
I may feel safe, but that is no excuse to totally let my guard down.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073969]Strange.

I may feel safe, but that is no excuse to totally let my guard down.[/QUOTE]

I do the very same thing at any hotel room that I stay in! I am very surprised that no one got back to you as well. :confused:

I am suprised that no one got back to you. I would be one of those people that wouldnt let that drop until I had a satisfactory response. Mind you…I am one of those people who if I hear anything like that I am the one who goes immediately there and investigates it myself. Its only after that I suddenly realise Ive just put myself at risk (possibly?!)

What concerns me also is that this happened whilst you were there and had all locks on. What if you were enjoying the parks and not in the room?

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1073983]I am suprised that no one got back to you. I would be one of those people that wouldnt let that drop until I had a satisfactory response. Mind you…I am one of those people who if I hear anything like that I am the one who goes immediately there and investigates it myself. Its only after that I suddenly realise Ive just put myself at risk (possibly?!)

What concerns me also is that this happened whilst you were there and had all locks on. What if you were enjoying the parks and not in the room?[/QUOTE]

Good point Ariel.

As far a security, when we were at AKL this past month, I saw a lot of security guards walking around the whole week. Finally, I couldn’t stand it anymore and walked up to one and asked why she was there (near the swimming pool this time). She said security is always on site and its routine. I don’t know about that. Never had seen security so out in the open in the past. Maybe using it as a deterant because of attempts as described here on this thread?

We were there in March and saw a lot of security around the resort also never noticed on any other trip and we were just there in Oct of 2010.

I think I would’ve requested another room immediately! Apparently someone had a key to your room and had a reason to attempt to use it. I wouldn’t have been able to sleep knowing someone could attempt that again :blink:

Mickeybug’s post got me thinking…
What kind of key system does WDW have? I have stayed at several resorts (non-WDW) that simply re-code a keycard to change the lock when it does not work. I thought they just changed the code with the little machine. Am I all wrong? Are keycard locks always one set passcode and they code the card to match that? Hmmm…

Either way… that is VERY CREEPY! If anyone comes in my room before I have my coffee, they better have a darn good reason or they will regret it! LOL!

I would be contacting both hotel manager and guest services IN WRITING.

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1073983]I am suprised that no one got back to you. I would be one of those people that wouldnt let that drop until I had a satisfactory response. Mind you…I am one of those people who if I hear anything like that I am the one who goes immediately there and investigates it myself. Its only after that I suddenly realise Ive just put myself at risk (possibly?!)

What concerns me also is that this happened whilst you were there and had all locks on. What if you were enjoying the parks and not in the room?[/QUOTE]

exactly,we did not have the dead bolt on but the security bracket that is what made the news and I imediately got to the door,you see I was up,so the delay to get to the door was very small,still there was no one there,if it had been truly a disney employee they would have said something or said sorry I will come back or something,the good thing is it was an isolated incident ,first one in 20 years so as far as being uneasy that is not the case,but I would have liked a little more info from disney’s side

it happens… happened to us once… never really gave it much thought… my wife is a hypochondriac and she puts that big heavy chair they have in every room in front of the door while we are there… i’d have more than enough time if they got past it and the safety latch to be ready for 'em… when it happened to us i just assumed it was an employee who thought the room was empty… i didn’t have the sense there was a danger. at least not for us.

Does anyone else find it strange that it was at 6:45 am? Most people are still in their rooms at that time, wouldn’t they want an empty room. I could see if it was the afternoon when most are at the parks.
I would not have left till they I had some information on who they (at least) thought it may have been.
Like you had said if it was an employee they would have apologized.
Very strange, and kind of scary…glad your safe.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1074088]Does anyone else find it strange that it was at 6:45 am? Most people are still in their rooms at that time, wouldn’t they want an empty room. I could see if it was the afternoon when most are at the parks.
I would not have left till they I had some information on who they (at least) thought it may have been.
Like you had said if it was an employee they would have apologized.
Very strange, and kind of scary…glad your safe.[/QUOTE]

it was fine…but the lack of a report from SSR staff was troubling …I never did not feel safe…but I probably expected a little bit more from them in the communication …this happenned at a very slow time…you see we were in the the last building in the grandstand section and there was maybe two other rooms occupied at that time…so maybe who ever it was assumed there was nobody there…who knows…but nothing came of it…here is a funny story, a high powered disney exec was checked into not once but twice a dirty grand villa…the story was all o0ver the place while we were there…OOOOPS

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073969]Strange.

I may feel safe, but that is no excuse to totally let my guard down.[/QUOTE]

Like soundgod, my DD and I do the same. You just never know.

We also use the extra deadbolt on the sliding glass balcony doors whenever we’re not in the room. However, if the weather is nice, I will sleep with that door open.

When I travel alone I always bring a door stop and shove it under the locked door. I’m sure it is overkill, but it makes me feel better!

I would never be able to sleep sound. I can’t hear anything when I sleep and I always worry about someone coming in and me not hearing them…lol