Segway tour

has anyone done the epcot segway tour. my hubby is DYING to do it. i think it would be fun but when we tried to ride one at epcot, i was really bad at it. is it worth the money? how long is it?

My husband has done the tour twice, once at Epcot and once at Fort Wilderness. He LOVED it and would do either tour again in a second.

maybe i will buy it for him for a late birthday present… how far in advance do you need to reserve your spot?

I would call as soon as you know your date because the tours do fill up.

thanks! i’ll have to call first thing tommorrow then.

We’ve done both tours too and liked them.
Yes, book as soon as you can, considering you’ll be arriving soon.
Don’t wait until the last minute.
If you’ve never ridden a Segway before, I’d do the Epcot tour first. The Fort Wilderness tour is mostly off road, not paved walkways.

We did it and had a FANTASTIC time! We had never ridden them before but they take an hour to show you the ropes before they let you out of the building. It’s a lot more helpful than the minute or two they let you ride them in Innoventions. By the time we left I felt like a pro.
The tour itself was great! I suggest booking the earliest time you can get having the World Showcase to ourselves was just soo awesome.

(I also think you get a discount if you are an AP holder. We were Disney Visa cardholders and we got 10% off. I would have paid full price though…worth the money!)

Thank you for the advice! I think I am definitely going to try and book it for him. I was REALLY bad at it at innoventions. I almost ran over the poor CM like three times! I think I’ll skip it because I know I’ll spend the rest of our trip in a body cast or worse cause someone else to be put in a body cast! But it sounds like my hubby will LOVE it!

I’ve done the Segway tour in Epcot twice and even went on a Segway tour in Bermuda it was so much fun.

The big reason Segways are so cool is that you can’t tip them over. Sure, you can run into something and knock yourself off that way, but it’s nothing like riding a bike where you can take a tumble from losing your balance. I’ve seen even frail, elderly people riding them.

Live a little and go ahead and give it a try yourself. :happy:

[QUOTE=ddoll;991881]
The big reason Segways are so cool is that you can’t tip them over. Sure, you can run into something and knock yourself off that way, but it’s nothing like riding a bike where you can take a tumble from losing your balance. I’ve seen even frail, elderly people riding them. [/QUOTE]

I’ve only ever seen one person dump a Segway. Admittedly, this was a person who couldn’t watch football on TV and eat a pretzel at the same time without almost choking.:fork_off:

I agree with Ddoll you should give it a try…you won’t regret it. I was SURE i’d end up in the lagoon or dead or something. I can’t walk in shoes without tripping over my feet.

I know the Segways do sound like fun, but are they worth the money? We were going to do the Simply Segway tour for $35 that lasts an hour but it’s no longer offered for when we want to do it. They still have the Around the World at Epcot tour lasting 2 hours but that’s $95 each. (N.B. Neither of us have been on a Segway before). With all the extras the cost of our trip is racking up, even with the free dining, so I’m wondering if this is something I should miss out. Cheers

What is the age limit (how young)?

I completely agree with Cinderbella - get the early session and the World Showcase portion (second hour) you are all by yourselves. We even got a mini tour of world showcase from our CM. It is a great experience and worth the cost. I think you have to be 18 (16?) to sign up for the Epcot tour. (When we returned I started researching and pricing them. Where I live I wouldn’t be able to really use one though. :pinch:)

Thanks guys. We’ve decided to do it, that is if we can get booked in at a time that fits in with everything else.