Segway Tour?

The whole Disney Fam will be heading down for Marathon Weekend…can’t believe it’s almost here! There will be 10 of us, and we’re planning on doing the Segway Tour Monday morning through World Showcase…after we run our fannies off Saturday and Sunday! :pinch::pinch::pinch:

Question 1: Has anyone done this tour? Can you offer a review?
Question 2: How difficult was it to learn to ride the Segway? While most of us won’t have an issue at all, my 67 year old Mom has early stage Parkinson’s, and her balance is not 100%. Do you think she’ll have issues? She’s game to try anything!

My husband has done the Epcot tour once and the FW tour once, both times with friends. He said it was pretty easy to learn to ride, he said he only had one little issue while learning to ride it. He did watch one guy crash at FW so it is possible to end up on the ground.

I hope your mom can do the tour, it sounds like a fun way to spend the morning together.

Thanks for the info…like I said, Mom’s game for anything, but I am concerned that SHE’D be the one who ends up on the ground…let’s see, fun morning on the Segways, miserable afternoon in the ER…decisions, decisions…:huh::huh::huh:

Just wanted to chime in and say Good Luck to you for your runs! I hope you do great!!

I am thinking about doing the 5k through Epcot in March. My first 5k will be Feb 7th and if I succeed, I might just have to plan a Disney trip to run through Epcot!!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1010055]Just wanted to chime in and say Good Luck to you for your runs! I hope you do great!!

I am thinking about doing the 5k through Epcot in March. My first 5k will be Feb 7th and if I succeed, I might just have to plan a Disney trip to run through Epcot!![/QUOTE]

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I’ve done a lot of runs, but nothing compares to a Disney run! The magic is all around you when you’re running thru the park(s), and when you cross that finish line the emotions are just overwhelming! I ran the marathon with my son last year, and we held hands the last mile or so. We were crying with exhaustion and exhileration at the end…I told him the last time I felt like that was when I gave birth to him :wub::wub::wub:

Good luck in your 5K in February…and I challenge you to do the 5K at Epcot!!! You’ll never forget it!

Just did the FW segway tour last week- it was great. Two older ladies had some issues at first, but caught on and stayed on the tour.

Thanks! Bad news to report, tho…I called yesterday to make the reservations, and I was told all 4 tours are booked for the day we wanted to Segway! My fault for not getting on this earlier…I had no idea how popular this tour was:blink::crying::blink: She told me to keep calling in case there were any cancellations…we’ll see…