Senior Pictures

DD has decided she wants to do her Senior Pictures while we are at Disney. We are staying at OKW and BWV. My question for the experts here is, where are some good locations on those properties to take them? I know GF and some of the other resorts have some nice locations but I have never been to OKW and BWV has just been a quick cut-through. I’m open to any and all suggestions. I’m still trying to convince everyone that we need to go to AOA for our family pictures.

The veranda at BW is beautiful. Depending on what look she’s going for, you could always do a couple at the main pool with “the Clown”. The gazebo on the way to Epcot (the place where they hold weddings) is very pretty. The bridge between BW and The Swan & Dolphin. For something a little different, the front lawns of the resort with beautiful BW in the background. In the lobby in front of the fireplace.

At OKW there is the Lighthouse. Perhaps the boardwalk. The Library in Hospitality House would make “studious” looking pic. Any of the ponds with fountains…along the banks of the Sassagoula…

Those sound good. She already said she wants one on bridge from BW to Epcot. I plan on getting several.

I kind of stalk Disney weddings, so I’ve seen many wedding and engagement photos around the Boardwalk. Popular photo spots are on the surrey bikes, in the photo booths, in front of the “Boardwalk Inn” entrance, in front of the “To the Boardwalk” sign, and at the cute little tables outside the pizza shop.

Some inspiration - Disney’s BoardWalk Wedding: Emily + Aaron | Magical Day Weddings | A Wedding Atlas Fan Site for Disney Weddings, WDW BoardWalk Engagement Session: Aniella + Brandon | Magical Day Weddings | A Wedding Atlas Fan Site for Disney Weddings, Engagement Spotlight: Ashley + Jordan | Magical Day Weddings | A Wedding Atlas Fan Site for Disney Weddings, Engagement Spotlight: Ashley + Jordan | Magical Day Weddings | A Wedding Atlas Fan Site for Disney Weddings… and there’s plenty more where those came from!

A few years ago we bought the photopass and also bought the “personal professional photographer” package where we got an hour with a private photographer. We were staying at BWV but went over to the Beach Club I believe, the first one around the bend from BWV…closer to Epcot…I think the other one is the Yaught club. Anyhoo, there were some great photo ops within the resort and then we went outside on the other side of the resort from the shared lake and took pictures outside. They turned out great. I REALLY wished that we would have done them over at GF in the hammocks on the beach…love those pictures I’ve seen! My sister used the private photographer at AKL and her photos turned out great too. They had inside pix and outdoor pix…they were all great! Not sure if Disney still offers that package. DVC members received a discount, so if they happen to have the program and you happen to be DVC ask for it!

Victoria, Rebecca (DD) is going to hate you (not really) for giving me all those ideas. I am now planning a several hour, multi-resort photo session with her. That doesn’t even count the family pics I want to do.

cubsblue – there is a BEAUTIFUL area at BWV. Actually, I suppose it counts at BWI, really, since you access it through the other end of the lobby closest to EC. In any event, go through the Boardwalk Inn end of the lobby and through the doors out into the garden area in the courtyard. You will see a huge tree in the middle, surrounded by beautiful flowers and white benches. We have taken many photos in that spot, because it is such a lovely formal background.

Sounds good. I was thinking there was an area like that at BW. Could not remember where.

Be sure to post pictures so we can see how beautifully they turned out!!!

And Victoria, I’m surprised you didn’t have YOUR senior pictures taken at WDW!!! :mickey:

If I had known back then what I know today, I probably would have. It just never really crossed my mind!

BTW, Cubsblue - I might have something to help convince your family to go to AOA for engagement pics. Art of Animation Just Married Photos: Teresa + Greg | Magical Day Weddings | A Wedding Atlas Fan Site for Disney Weddings

Personally, I don’t care for much of Randy Chapman’s photography. I don’t really dig the over-processed style and prefer more natural photography, myself, but the setting is definitely fun and unique.

There are photo spots absolutely everywhere.
My advice is keep your eyes open, your camera ready, and your make up applied/hair and clothes right. You really never know when all of the elements will align for that perfect picture until you’re walking through a location.
Plus, what one person loves in a photo, another person might not even like the look.

I have to say I love all of these ideas. Just got my first DSLR this year so I am looking forward to trying out some of these spots as well.

What a fun idea for her pictures!

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1118246]DD has decided she wants to do her Senior Pictures while we are at Disney.[/QUOTE]What a great idea! I bet those will be great.