Senior Trip planning (need help)

Well Its only my Junior Year but i wanna get going on this now, or possible try planning it in the spring. Myself and my 2 friends (may be more than 2) want to go to WDW for our Senior Trip, There main concern is $$$, its not as much of a concern for me, but they are thinking it will cost big $$$ to go there, which is not the case, I also want to go with a Tavel Agent, but one friend feels like we will be ripped off. Another concern of the 2 friends are “what if one of us gets sick how will we drive to the hospital, if we are too young to rent a car” Well my answer for that is A) calling a cab or B) calling concierge im sure they could manage to come up with some forms of transportation, there not just gona let us lay in the hotel room (plus how sick can you get in WDW other than De-Hydration?)

I am DYING TO GO for my class trip I know it would be a magical experience for the 3 of us with out a doubt.

What Hotel do you suggest?
I want Port Orleans but they might want to go with Pop, or All-Star :frowning:

Another concern of one of the friends is “I WANNA GO TO UNIVERSAL HOW CAN WE GET THERE?” Ok first of all i do not wanna got o universal, but it will only be for one day and I can bite my tounge through. How can we get to Universal? Would renting a service be the only way.

Please help me mage this Dream Come True for ME!

First of all, try Mousketrips (you can find the link here on the main page). Mickey at Mousketrips will not only not rip you off, but he and his crew will hunt for discounts you may not even catch yourslelf, and it will save $ overall.

As far as getting sick, unless you are traveling with someone who has a chronic illness, the chaces of getting sick on vacation are no more than the chances of getting sick at home, and the chances of needing to go to an emergency room even slimmer. If it is serious enough to go to an emergency room, the $ is not relevant. Pay for a cab. The concierge will be more than willing to help out. (It sounds like some of your friends may just be nervous about traveling on their own for the first time).

Now Universal I would recommend skipping this time. Don’t get me wrong, I am a HUGE Universal fan. Our family would rather go there than WDW, but if it’s your first trip alon and $ is tight, I say keep it simple. A cab ride there will only cost you more $, as would a car service. Plus when you factor in the extra cost of the tickets it could easily run you an extra $75-100 each. The cost of an extra day at WDW wouldn’t be nearly that much.

Thank you very much, About Universal, it seems that the only way one of the friends would go is if they go to Universal, and I think I may just have to bit the bullet and pay the extra money. I will definiatyly tel them that it will cost her to almost 100 dollars extra per day including cab fair, maybe that will Cchange her mind.

Thank-you for you Help it is GREATLY APPERICATED!

Check out places outside the WDW property to stay. Many have shuttle bus service to and from WDW, Universal & Seaworld for little or no charge. Worth a few $$$ more per nite to stay at one with this service.

Seaworld is also worth a day trip. Got some great coasters!

As far as getting sick, unless you are traveling with someone who has a chronic illness, the chaces of getting sick on vacation are no more than the chances of getting sick at home, and the chances of needing to go to an emergency room even slimmer. If it is serious enough to go to an emergency room, the $ is not relevant. Pay for a cab. The concierge will be more than willing to help out. (It sounds like some of your friends may just be nervous about traveling on their own for the first time).

One of my family members got sick a few years ago. We were staying at the PO Riverside. The front desk was most helpful. There is a medical clinic close by that will come to your resort, pick you up and return you to the resort, at NO CHARGE for the transportation. The doctor from the clinic called us after we returned home to confirm he was doing o.k. and had seen his regular doctor. We no longer have worries about medical care while staying at WDW.