Seriously, no more main street bakery!

They are replacing it with Starbucks. I am not happy about it. And I do not evene drink coffee.

:ohmy::noo::nonono2: I hate Starbucks…why do they have to put Starbucks on main street…gaaaaaaa…

I drink coffee but just a good cup of coffee without a bitter aftertaste!!! Plus…the bakery is more than coffee…Starbucks must really be giving Disney a good cut…there are some things you just shouldn’t mess with…put it in Epcot or DHS…or even wayyyyyy back in the back of the MK but don’t take away the one and only bakery!!!

Yep. I was reading this other site, and their comment was… Why not put a Walmart on main street next? It cheapens the whole place! I wonder what kind of agreement Starbucks had with this… But really? I think that they could have just had regular coffee, and not had to jump to that… And then to put it on main street, is just tacky.

I agree…it is becoming more and more apparent that Disney is showing their business side…times are tough I guess…but why on Main Street!

I know lots and lots of people love Starbucks…most of my friends do…but those that are real WDW fans, wouldn’t really want this on main street either…put it somewhere else…

What is more Main Street than Starbucks? I am surprised they aren’t putting the ever 15 feet…

(I don’t drink coffee and I loth Starbucks…)

Well, considering that it is a private company within a private company… I find it a little weird. This is unlike a company sponsorship, even different than the nestle sponsorship everywhere. That did not interfere with the fantasy of the place. To me, this does.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1124869]I agree…it is becoming more and more apparent that Disney is showing their business side…times are tough I guess…but why on Main Street!

I know lots and lots of people love Starbucks…most of my friends do…but those that are real WDW fans, wouldn’t really want this on main street either…put it somewhere else…[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of you. Main Street will have a whole different feel now. Hopefully they will at least make it a vintage store. I would hate to see a normal Starbucks on Main Street. :blow:

Everything could be left pretty much as is and just serve Starbuck’s coffees instead of the swill they currently serve.
Other than that, it makes no sense to convert the bakery into a Starbuck’s.
Then again, it also makes perfect sense when you consider their coffee is better than Nescafe’.
So, in the end, I’m not sure how I feel and won’t until I see how “Starbuckie” it is.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124874]Everything could be left pretty much as is and just serve Starbuck’s coffees instead of the swill they currently serve.
Other than that, it makes no sense to convert the bakery into a Starbuck’s.
Then again, it also makes perfect sense when you consider their coffee is better than Nescafe’.
So, in the end, I’m not sure how I feel and won’t until I see how “Starbuckie” it is.[/QUOTE]

It would be great if they just serve Starbucks and don’t change anything but it’s a corporation…and I know someone who used to work for them in a upper managerial position…they won’t just “come in” and serve a different brand of coffee…

I read this out loud and the response of my DH and kids (10 and 12) was WHAT!!!..needless to say we are not pleased with this news. The Main Street bakery is a must stop for us, it just won’t be the same.:sad:

If they just serve the coffee, keep the menu. and make a small change to the sign " Main Street Bakery" with a small Starbucks logo… in it … I guess it would be ok???

This is just a travesty! Horrible! Awful! I can’t think of anything worse! Poor Walt!

People say “times are tough”, but there are some things you just don’t mess with. Put a Starbucks kiosk in the World Showcase in Epcot, if there has to be one at all.

Personally, I will boycott it.

Ugh. This news makes me super sad.

I know that the Starbucks they opened in California Adventure is very cute and well themed and I feel pretty confident that they won’t just put up a giant green Starbucks logo on the bakery windows but that still doesn’t make this feel right.

One of the reasons that I love WDW so much is that it is NOT like being at home. We always stay on site, almost never rent a car and basically block out everything about our day to day life back home when we are there. Heck, I even like the limited television channels because it is part of the “getting away from reality” part of a WDW vacation. On my way from the subway to work, I pass 3 Starbucks every single day (on my way from my stop at Dunkin Donuts, :laugh:). I really don’t care to see one on my way to Cinderella’s Castle, no matter now nicely themed it is.

[QUOTE=llama;1124879]This is just a travesty! Horrible! Awful! I can’t think of anything worse! Poor Walt!

People say “times are tough”, but there are some things you just don’t mess with. Put a Starbucks kiosk in the World Showcase in Epcot, if there has to be one at all.

Personally, I will boycott it.[/QUOTE]

I won’t buy anything there either. I would rather drink the water that vaguely tastes like coffee that they already serve at WDW than step foot in even the loveliest themed Starbucks while on vacation.

I think Starbucks should be a stand or placed back by Pirates of the Caribbean instead of having a “seasonal” restaurant. Makes no sense to put it there!

Considering the original Main Street in Disneyland was full of sponsors shops, you could say they are going vintage.

Honestly, I’ve been so disappointed in people this past month, this just adds to the disgust. Can’t no one leave a good thing alone? Not everything has to change with the times. Some things are best to be left alone.

I used to drink starbucks all the time, but after someone sent me the following story in an email, I don’t anymore and I’m surprised that Disney would associate with a company that this!

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because
They Wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees
And to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support
Of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, And that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not
Support them by buying any of their products! I feel we
Should get this out in the open. I know this war might
Not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn’t mean we don’t support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and
House-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you
Can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you’ll all be
There again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
Sgt. Howard C.
Wright
1st Force Recon
Co

1st Plt PLT

Also, don’t forget that when the Twin Trade Towers
were hit the fire fighters and rescue workers went to
Starbucks because it was close by for water for
the survivors and workers.
AndStarbucksCharged them!!!

JUST A NOTE TO THIS; STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON
SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

[QUOTE=DisneyOnMyMind;1124899]I used to drink starbucks all the time, but after someone sent me the following story in an email, I don’t anymore and I’m surprised that Disney would associate with a company that this!

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because
They Wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees
And to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support
Of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, And that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not
Support them by buying any of their products! I feel we
Should get this out in the open. I know this war might
Not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn’t mean we don’t support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and
House-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you
Can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you’ll all be
There again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
Sgt. Howard C.
Wright
1st Force Recon
Co

1st Plt PLT

Also, don’t forget that when the Twin Trade Towers
were hit the fire fighters and rescue workers went to
Starbucks because it was close by for water for
the survivors and workers.
AndStarbucksCharged them!!!

JUST A NOTE TO THIS; STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON
SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.[/QUOTE]

That is just shocking! I don’t drink Starbuck’s - I am Tim Horton’s Double-Double girl - but reading this makes me even more determined never to give them any business.

Seriously … I’ll be ok !!! :biggrin: