Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opening date announced

Last week the suits dedicated the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and announced.
The magic day is May 28, 2014!!!

Sorry I didn’t post sooner. I’ve known for a week.
I would suggest that all of you WDW nuts download the Orlando Sentinel app to your smartphones. They often send breaking news alerts for Central Florida theme park news.

There was also an announcement for AK’s very first hard ticket event. I’ll put details in another post, as well as posting about an announcement about the Poly and a new dining/drinking venue there.

Looks like I’ve got a perfect storm excuse for going up for my birthday next month.
Let the countdown begin? That would be about 37 days.

Can’t wait! Snagged FPP for our trip in late June/early July. We’ll be hot and sweaty but we will be whistling while we work!

I am interested in the new innovations incorporated into this ride, starting with the free swinging mine cart cars and the incorporation of coaster elements with dark ride elements.

Will miss it by 2 weeks :frowning: will have to wait until October now.

Still haven’t decided if I want to drop the money for my birthday. But I have decided, I will skip Harambe Nights if I do go and save $240 for two people. Plus, it’s the last of the Star Wars weekends which costs nothing extra.

Uh oh! Star Wars weekend now features a fireworks show.
We know what that means, don’t we.

They were letting Cast Members ride yesterday. It looks like a fun coaster. I was hoping there would be a soft opening yesterday, but I suppose that will happen closer to opening date (or maybe they’re just avoiding it with this cast member opening).

That’s when we’ll be there! 30 days for us so tomorrow I’m doing our Magic Kingdom Fastpasses! very exciting :smiley:

Have a safe journey here as well as a pleasant vacation.
Due to a couple of speed bumps, I will not be able to make a single Fast Pass reservation until we are on property. I’m about to start a thread about these problems.

Check out this video.
Official Disney shot from a helicopter showing all of the outdoors sections of the ride and the surreounding scenery.

This one’s an on ride and queue video