Sharing meals

ok, a couple of people have said BIG portions at a few places I’ve been reading about lately- so would you share? Are the servers ok with that? My DD’s could easily share a meal everywhere we go & DH and I like to get an appetizer &/or a salad and a meal and share. I don’t want to tick off the servers though…

Have you all shared meals - and how did the server react?

Which places have such big portions that sharing is a great idea?

[QUOTE=emamasa;1089092]ok, a couple of people have said BIG portions at a few places I’ve been reading about lately- so would you share? Are the servers ok with that? My DD’s could easily share a meal everywhere we go & DH and I like to get an appetizer &/or a salad and a meal and share. I don’t want to tick off the servers though…

Have you all shared meals - and how did the server react?

Which places have such big portions that sharing is a great idea?[/QUOTE]

I’m sure the servers would be fine with that- I know when my twin brother and sister were tiny my mum always ordered one meal and one spare plate, but this was here in the UK. I would share if I were you, why waste money and food.
I sometimes have the kids meals in the USA as your portion sizes are huge compared to ours- and no one has said anything…yet:ohmy:

I don’t know about sharing on the dining plan but I don’t think a server would have an issue with sharing if you’re paying out of pocket.

We have shared meals the last few times we have gone, including just last month. We were not on the dining plan but were using the Tables in Wonderland card and the servers were all fine with it.

Ditto us. Although we weren’t on the DDP - so I’m not sure what the rules are then. Of course, we always leave a tip appropriate with two people both eating entrees.

As far as counterservice goes - I don’t think it matters if you’re on the DDP or not - you can use your counterservice meals as you please.

[QUOTE=llama;1089097]Ditto us. Although we weren’t on the DDP - so I’m not sure what the rules are then. Of course, we always leave a tip appropriate with two people both eating entrees.

As far as counterservice goes - I don’t think it matters if you’re on the DDP or not - you can use your counterservice meals as you please.[/QUOTE]

Yes and don’t forget about ordering that double burger with the extra bun option too. Two burgers for the price of 1 and a lil more.
On TS, as long as you’re not on DDP or eating at a buffet they don’t have a problem, so long as each get their own drink too. I know, I know! Who would do such a thing…probably the lady at Pop filling up her cooler with Poweraid on Dana’s last trip:laugh:

Seriously though, we’ve split and they were fine.

My 10 year old daughter could not eat $48 worth of food on the ddp so on our next trip I plan to share meals with her for the first 5 days and use the ddp for the last 5 days. I spoke to disney yesterday and they said because we are staying at 2 different resorts we could do that. He also said we can share meals for quick service meals but not table service on the ddp. So I booked buffets and more expensive restaurants for the ddp days and I plan on saving money by sharing with my daughter for the non ddp days. The cut off age of 9 is too young because my 10 year old could never eat $48 dollars worth of food if she was considered a child I would buy the ddp for the entire trip and not need to wory about sharing. Hope this helps and good luck.

Sharing on the dining plan is an issue, sharing while paying out of pocket is no issue. If you’re paying out of pocket for the meal, even if you’re getting a TIW discount, nobody has any right to say anything.

Now, if you’re talking about sharing at a buffet, that’s different and that is wrong under all situations other than an infant child.

This all goes for sit downs, at counters, things are greatly relaxed and the table cleaners could not care less if you’re sharing all your kid credits with adults or if 5 people are actually eating 3 meals.