Shh, Surprise Trip Plans

Okay, so I think I have everything planned for the “shh, surprise trip for my sons” in a few short weeks.

The trip will consist of my mom, DS 15, DS 7 and myself. DH decided to pass on this trip (silly boy):blink: With any hope, I will be surprising the boys either the night before or the morning of departure.

We are staying at POP from 8/19 until 8/27. I requested a preferred location. Does it really make a difference in the distance from the busses and food court? This is our first time at POP and I’m really excited to try a new resort.

I have the free dining plan and these are my TS ressies:

8/20 - Crystal Palace 9:20
8/22 - Mama Melrose’s 5:05
8/23 - Rose & Crown 6:00
8/24 - Whispering Canyon Cafe - 5:25
8/25 - Liberty Tree Tavern - 5:35

I left a few days open on purporse. Since we can swap a TS for a CS. I want to keep this trip loose and restful. We’ll see :pinch:…

If there is anything I need to know about POP, please let me know.

And with any luck this will be my first official TR; with pics if my camera dosen’t poop out on me.

COOL!!! Sounds super exciting!

The preferred locations are really good if you are NOT driving. If you have a car, there is no easy way to the parking lots.

POP! is COOL you’re going to love it! :happy:

I’ve only spent one night at POP, but I wanted to say have a magical trip!

How are you going to pull off the suprise?!?

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;979493]I’ve only spent one night at POP, but I wanted to say have a magical trip!

How are you going to pull off the suprise?!?[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Not too sure yet. One of my thoughts is to give them the impression that we are going somewhere with my mom for the day and videotape the looks on their faces as we pull into the airport!!! I know I would be jazzed to get a surprise like that. I hope they are just as excited.

That sounds so fun!
I love surprising people with Disney! Let us know how it goes. We should make a thread on surprise vacations… :slight_smile:
Have a blast!

Your plans look great.

Have fun with the surprise. We’re surprising our son with a trip next week. He has no idea we’re going, he thinks Hilton Head in June was our one and only vacation this year.

I am so impressed that you can keep it a secret. I just can’t - I get too excited!

I’m with you! I need someone to share the excitement and planning with. DH just doesn’t get as excited as the kids and I do. We were able to keep it a secret from our kids for a couple of weeks after booking so that we could find a special time to tell them, and I thought I did pretty good at that. I’d never make it all the way to the trip!

Somehow making it a surprise makes it even more exciting, doesn’t it??

I love your adrs, they look fabulous to me! Can’t wait to hear all about how the surprise goes, and the trip. :slight_smile:

I am surprising my daughter with our trip too! I can’t believe I get to tell her in a few weeks. I’ve been planning this trip since December. I think everyone else in the world knows LOL I’m telling her by having Mickey write her a letter. I have a family friend who works at one of the water parks. She actually had to take a 4 hour course to be ‘authorized’ to do Mickey’s signature. She will mail the letter from one of the parks to make it look more authentic. I am going to get someone to tape her reading the letter out loud. I can’t wait.

Kim

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;979484]COOL!!! Sounds super exciting!

The preferred locations are really good if you are NOT driving. If you have a car, there is no easy way to the parking lots.

POP! is COOL you’re going to love it! :happy:[/QUOTE]

No driving on this vacation. Relaxation is the key word this time around. And this will be the first time my mom has stayed on site, so I wanted to make it special for her as well.

I can’t wait!!

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;979525]Your plans look great.

Have fun with the surprise. We’re surprising our son with a trip next week. He has no idea we’re going, he thinks Hilton Head in June was our one and only vacation this year.[/QUOTE]

Are you doing anything special to surprise him? I’m sure he will be thrilled!!

I did an overnight trip to the NJ shore last week and let the kids think that we are just doing day trips this summer. The boys keep asking when we are going back to Disney, and I tell them maybe next year.

[QUOTE=kimblebee;979558]I am surprising my daughter with our trip too! I can’t believe I get to tell her in a few weeks. I’ve been planning this trip since December. I think everyone else in the world knows LOL I’m telling her by having Mickey write her a letter. I have a family friend who works at one of the water parks. She actually had to take a 4 hour course to be ‘authorized’ to do Mickey’s signature. She will mail the letter from one of the parks to make it look more authentic. I am going to get someone to tape her reading the letter out loud. I can’t wait.

Kim[/QUOTE]

Your daughter is going to be soooo excited!! You have to let us know her reaction. And from Mickey nontheless, way too cool!!

My SIL almost let the secret out. Luckily I gave her “the look :blink:” and she caught on and covered it up.

Oh I know the look. One of DH’s friends almost gave it away when we were trying to surprise our boys last summer. He told them to say hi to Mickey for him. My dh and I almost killed him!!

It has been so hard :pinch:

I have been close to slipping a few times. I’m sure that I’m driving my co-workers crazy with all the Disney talk and planning. I never thought I could last this long.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;979557]Somehow making it a surprise makes it even more exciting, doesn’t it??

I love your adrs, they look fabulous to me! Can’t wait to hear all about how the surprise goes, and the trip. :)[/QUOTE]

Definitley more fun!

I can’t wait to try out the dining package. I just hope I can still fit into my clothes by the time we have to come home :blow:

[QUOTE=Tinkfan;979572]Definitley more fun!

I can’t wait to try out the dining package. I just hope I can still fit into my clothes by the time we have to come home :blow:[/QUOTE]

Hehe, don’t worry, with all the walking you do at WDW, that shouldn’t be a problem!

How cool! We’ve done the surprise thing a time or two and it’s always fun to see the look on the kids’ faces. Enjoy your trip.

[QUOTE=Tinkfan;979564]Are you doing anything special to surprise him? I’m sure he will be thrilled!!

I did an overnight trip to the NJ shore last week and let the kids think that we are just doing day trips this summer. The boys keep asking when we are going back to Disney, and I tell them maybe next year.[/QUOTE]

Will you be able to pack for them? ( the older one really!) I would pull into the airport and tell them then if I could keep it a secret!!

Yeah! We love surprise trips and have taken them also. We picked the kids up from school with Mickey pjs on their seats and their lanyards and ears…and just started driving. They were so excited!

Have a great time, try to get it on tape. Sounds like a great idea…have fun!