Shipping to Resort

Hello,
Has anyone ever shipped anything ahead to a resort? What if the package gets there ahead of your check in? We are taking three children with us and would like to send some stuff ahead for them. It will be cheaper to ship it than to pay the airline for more baggage!

I ship a box with items needed for whatever grandchildren are joining us on that particular trip. I always ship it to arrive a couple of days prior to our check-in date so that I can track it to be sure it has gotten there. Just put your name and arrival date on the box. UPS can guide you…they are very experienced with shipping to Disney.
I always put:
Name of Resort:
Guest Name:
Arrival Date:
Resort Address

Thank you!

We ship a package every trip and it always arrives one or two days before we do. They’ll tell you when you check in that you have a package and they’ll bring it out for you or bring it right to your room if that’s your preference. We’ve never had issues with lost or damaged packages. :happy:

Thats fantastic news, I was just about to post the same question. We are coming from the uk in sept’ and have been looking at a christmas light Projector but it is going to cost around $500 for shipping (and its only 4lb and the size of a shoe box) so shipping it to resort was going to be my cunning plan :ph34r:

( sorry if this is a highjack)

Everyone who needs to ship their box back home after the trip:
You can pack it all up and take it to the front desk, and they will tape it up and UPS it to your home! We do it every trip, and somehow, they always manage to send it back to me for less than I sent it to them!
At many resorts, you will do well to just swing over to Bell Services and pick up your box. We put “Please hold for guest arrival on 10/22/10” on the bottom left corner.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1059157]Everyone who needs to ship their box back home after the trip:
You can pack it all up and take it to the front desk, and they will tape it up and UPS it to your home! We do it every trip, and somehow, they always manage to send it back to me for less than I sent it to them!
At many resorts, you will do well to just swing over to Bell Services and pick up your box. We put “Please hold for guest arrival on 10/22/10” on the bottom left corner.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to know. With eleven people on this up coming trip I’m sure we will have tons of purchases. I’m sure UPS will be cheaper than paying US Air to ship it all back with us!:happy:

We have shipped back and forth also. All with good results.
When we saw that the return shipping was less one time I asked the CM’s. They have many more options than us normal shippers have. WDW can get a bulk price discount and they also will ship many times at the 3rd class overland rate, not via air unless you specify or an experienced CM asks you. If the box gets back a few days later than we do it is treated like an extension of our trip. Funny thing is we know what is in the package, but we still play it up. :laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1059157]Everyone who needs to ship their box back home after the trip:
At many resorts, you will do well to just swing over to Bell Services and pick up your box. We put “Please hold for guest arrival on 10/22/10” on the bottom left corner.[/QUOTE]

Two things:

1. Were you in WDW on our anniversary and didn’t let me know you’d be there?
  2. Disney is probably able to ship back to you cheaper because they get better rates from UPS simply because of the volume of business Disney does with them.