Shoes for the parks

I know that there have been several post about shoes for the parks, but here’s another one!:laugh: I usually rely on a good pair of tennis shoes for the parks, but if I had my choice I would probably go bare foot all the time. I recently saw someone at a zoo wearing these crazy shoes with toes in them, so I did some research. They are supposed to be good for your feet and much like going barefoot while having some protection for your feet. They do look a bit strange though. Here is a link to a pair that I found: Amazon.com: Fivefingers Jaya Shoe - Women’s by Vibram: Shoes

Has anyone tried these or know anyone who has? I’m thinking about getting some before my fall trip just to see how they woud be in the parks.

I like to be barefoot too but walking on concrete all day I think would be a bit much without some cushion! They have those shoes at our local sports store and I have to admit that they look tempting!

If you don’t mind crushed toes I guess that would work. I don’t think those would make good line waitin’ shoes.

I think I would need more cushion than that while walking all day on concrete but that’s just me.

I’d think your toes would have to fit in perfectly…and most people don’t have perfect toes…

OOH I’m not that keen really- they look a little strange? I like trainers (sneakers) or my Nike sandals- sooo comfortable.

I always used to wear runners (sneakers, tennis shoes, trainers) until I bought a pair of Privo Sandals last year that are absolute heaven on the feet.

I think I would need more cushion than that while walking all day on concrete but that’s just me.

Ooh sounds interesting- may go off searching for those right now- anything that is heaven on the feet is sold to me-even without seeing!:happy:

Edit: found them on Amazon and oh I like very much!

Well, certainly, not most people. But, I am sure you and I have perfect toes.:ph34r:

I finally found a pair of flip flops I could literally live in, they are Teva’s I believe, can’t wait to see how they hold up in the parks. Still packing my trusty rusty sneaks though, because I always switch off. :slight_smile: Can’t do crocs any more, but my boys still swear by them for the summer.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1084543]Well, certainly, not most people. But, I am sure you and I have perfect toes.:ph34r:

.[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn’t want to brag…:closedeye

[QUOTE=dixie;1084537]Ooh sounds interesting- may go off searching for those right now- anything that is heaven on the feet is sold to me-even without seeing!:happy:

Edit: found them on Amazon and oh I like very much![/QUOTE]

They are the best walking shoes I have ever found. Amazon.com: privo Women’s Silana Sandal: Shoes

Yes it is best to be humble about these things. We wouldn’t want to offend Mrs. Foufoufnik, now would we?:glare:

[QUOTE=rlb;1084525]I know that there have been several post about shoes for the parks, but here’s another one!:laugh: I usually rely on a good pair of tennis shoes for the parks, but if I had my choice I would probably go bare foot all the time. I recently saw someone at a zoo wearing these crazy shoes with toes in them, so I did some research. They are supposed to be good for your feet and much like going barefoot while having some protection for your feet. They do look a bit strange though. Here is a link to a pair that I found: Amazon.com: Fivefingers Jaya Shoe - Women’s by Vibram: Shoes

Has anyone tried these or know anyone who has? I’m thinking about getting some before my fall trip just to see how they woud be in the parks.[/QUOTE]

I heard Keith Olbermann (ex-MSNBC) was wearing them. Right up until he fractured his ankle. True or not, I don’t know.
I know the US Army doesn’t want their men wearing these things.
Over the years, I’ve found the Nike Air Pegasus to be something I could wear when I’m on my feet for 15 hours.
Good cushioning for feet and good sole pattern and composition for traction in most everything.

DO NOT discount how well your foot is insulated from black asphalt that has been baking in the Florida sun or from baked concrete!
How well is something with no cushion going to keep your feet from burning without insulation.
And what happens when your foot gets run over by a loaded stroller or it gets stepped on. Sure, running shoes don’t offer much greater protection than these shoes, but it is more protection nonetheless.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1084543]
I finally found a pair of flip flops I could literally live in, they are Teva’s I believe, can’t wait to see how they hold up in the parks.[/QUOTE]

If they are Teva sandals, you should get a few years of of them.
I had a pair for a while. Currently I have a pair of Columbia sandals that have worn very well and I can’t remember when I bought them.
They have been in the parks a few times, but mostly to the waterparks and when I go boating. And they are great for rainy days (just don’t wear socks:eek::ohmy::angry:)

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1084543]Well, certainly, not most people. But, I am sure you and I have perfect toes.:ph34r:

I finally found a pair of flip flops I could literally live in, they are Teva’s I believe, can’t wait to see how they hold up in the parks. Still packing my trusty rusty sneaks though, because I always switch off. :slight_smile: Can’t do crocs any more, but my boys still swear by them for the summer.[/QUOTE]

I love my Tevas, but I’m not sure I could go a whole day walking the parks in them. I need the ankle support:closedeye

Hmmm…I may have to seriously consider these:happy:

I have these also love them but after walking alot sometimes the little nubbies on the sole start to annoy me. especially in the heat.

Well, I have to say my converse are normally on my feet for the most part but if I’m only going to DTD or a meal and mini park experience then I flip flop it! :slight_smile: