- How many points did you initially purchase? Does that now seem like enough or too little?
We originally bought 200, when BLT had the initial sale for DVC members my DH and I were going to buy more points, but the economy started to tank and I didn’t want to spend the money. Right now at this time 200 points seem fine, but as our family grows, I think we will need more points, so we are still considering purchasing more points in the future.
- Have you ever traded your points for other time shares in other states/countries? How was that experience?
We have only used our points at Disney.
- Any regrets now that you have purchased?
We haven’t regretted our purchase, and since purchasing our points, we have had some wonderful vacations with our kids and grandkids. I feel that this is one of the best purchases my DH and I ever made.
- How did you choose your home resort?
They were offering SSR at the time we bought, it was on the golf course, it seemed more relaxed than BW and BC. We thought it would be nicer to be away from everything.
- Are you able to make reservations at other resorts easily or do you find the resorts that are not your home resorts are booked for when you want it?
Last November we booked at AKL, it’s really the only time I requested a different resort. We had no trouble getting a room there. If DH and I are going alone we’re not that fussy about which resort we stay at so when I call what ever they have opened is fine with us. If we are going with the whole family, it’s not that we are fussy as much as what would be most convenient and fun for the whole family.
- Are there any other single parent MBers that have purchased DVC?
- Any other advice/tips/suggestions you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!
Without buying DVC my DH and I wouldn’t have been able to afford to take our children and grandchildren to Disney for vacation every other year. I am very glad my DH and I made this purchase, but I don’t think I would have made this purchase if we had to finance it. If you can afford this purchase I would say go for it, just remember your yearly dues are based on the points you own, and they do go up every year or so.
If you are only going to use the points in Disney, you should look into resale, most of the time you can get a better deal.
Hope this helps, and good luck in making you decision!