Should I change my first choice or just go with it?

We will be renting points again for our upcoming trip Oct. 29-Nov.5. We have listed our first choice as BWV standard view. Now I’m beginning to rethink that decision. We are renting from a wonderful MBer and it won’t get booked until March 29 so I could change. I’m concerned about the distance from parking lot to room and bus service to MK and AK. We stayed in OKW over Thanksgiving and JUST LOVED being able to park right outside our door, the size of the rooms and the over feel of the resort. OKW is our second choice. We know that BWV is a VERY long shot anyway but I am just second guessing this as my first choice now. HELP!!! We spend most of our time in MK so I don’t want to spend a whole lot of time waiting on busses.

Based on what you said, I’d lean to OKW again. But I’ve never been to OKW myself. We love BWV or BCV mostly because of being able to walk to Epcot. Depending on the time of the year, a bus to MK or AK can take forever because they go to EVERY SINGLE RESORT in that area. One bus for 5 resorts. I think that’s nuts.

For our dec trip, we are hoping to stay at BLT for several days and then several days at BCV or BWV. If we skip AK this trip, that would mean a disney trip with no buses at all. whoo hoo

Touring PLans.com shows it is quicker (via Dis transortation) to get to MK from the BWV.

Just sayin

Seeing you like MK, have you considered staying at BLT? Nothing like taking a little stroll after the fireworks back to your resort.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1067723]Touring PLans.com shows it is quicker (via Dis transortation) to get to MK from the BWV.

Just sayin[/QUOTE]

Really??? !!! The stuff you learn here.

Ok, forget what I said.

Another good idea if she can get in there. I know we’re gonna try for our Oct. trip.

Last yr my DD would get the kids ready for bed and then go to the TOW to see the fireworks. They weren’t the only little kids in PJs there.

I always wear my PJs when I watch the fireworks at TOW. The only problem is all of the women wanting to buy me drinks.

And the crowds always thin out really quick when I arrive. No wait, I don’t have any PJs, I sleep in the nude. :blow:

Each DVC resort has some things better than others. Each one has it’s own flavor. Both OKW & SSR are great especially if you have a rental car - much more laid back. BLT, BCV & BWV are walk to MK or HS/Epcot. VWL is neat with a boat ride to the MK. AK is great to relax and watch the animals.

So from what I’m reading I should just chill out and if I get it be happy to be staying somewhere new and close to Epcot/DHS. I’ll just leave it and if we get BWV then it is meant to be, if we don’t then we will be just as happy at OKW. Thanks ya’ll! Ya’ll always know how to put me at ease.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1067729]I always wear my PJs when I watch the fireworks at TOW. The only problem is all of the women wanting to buy me drinks.

And the crowds always thin out really quick when I arrive. No wait, I don’t have any PJs, I sleep in the nude. :blow:

Each DVC resort has some things better than others. Each one has it’s own flavor. Both OKW & SSR are great especially if you have a rental car - much more laid back. BLT, BCV & BWV are walk to MK or HS/Epcot. VWL is neat with a boat ride to the MK. AK is great to relax and watch the animals.[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for ruining my lunch. Compared to you, Boss and his fountain swimming seems classy.

Just wanted to add about AK. We have only stayed at Jambo house. But as a resort, we love that one the best.

Richard, your dec trip starts one day after we go home. :sad:

I don’t think anyone mentioned the Villas at WL as an option. That’s a short boat ride to MK and I’ve found the buses to the other parks to be very reasonable in time. It’s one of my fave resorts (regular resort rooms), though I’ve never seen/stayed at the villas so maybe that’s why it wasn’t mentioned.

We chose BWV, OKW and SSR because these are the least points needed. We are slowly working our way up the food chain. LOL!

Keep your first choice

Have you looked at a value studio at AKV? I think they are the cheapest point wise. But there aren’t that many and they are only at Jumbo house.

We did but if I stay at the AKV I’m going to want a savannah view so that is on my list for the near future.

I’m not sure if it was all of the choices or the mention of Rich’s Fire Wrx attire - but I have a headache.

My advice is relax. BWV is a fabulous resort (and my favourite resort is OKW) - so I’m not just saying that.

YES - the hallway is LONG…but it’s more of a joke than anything. It’s honestly not going to affect your holiday. And I agree, it is nice to have the car right at the door; OKW and SSR spoil you that way - but remember that you probably won’t be using the car everyday; you can walk to Epcot and take the boat to HS. Bell Services will take care of the luggage for you as soon as you arrive.

Your choice of a standard room is a good one (once you stay there once, you figure out what a good deal you’re getting and you can be very smug about it; you’ll overlook the front gardens and a little stream; you honestly can’t even see the parking lot unless you lean out. It’s much more peaceful than the Boardwalk (and we’ve stayed at both).

As for the buses; well, people gripe about buses everywhere at WDW. Sometimes you have good luck, some times you don’t. I can only remember one instance there where we waited a longer time than usual.

You’ve stayed at SSR and OKW and they are fabulous resorts; but so is BWV - it has a more “exciting” sort of hotel vibe. The lobby is gorgeous!

Trust me (and you’ve trusted me before, now haven’t you?) you will love it. Don’t second guess yourself. It’s always fun to try new resorts and this one is gorgeous. (The layout is basically the same as SSR).

Except for that freaky Clown pool…

Really, all the resorts have good points and bad points.

The talk about hallways, I haven’t charted it, but when we stayed at BLT we were waayyyy at the end of some hallway. (our view had the tennis courts on the left, if that tells you anything) I’d say we walked as far at BLT as BWV. In over a doz visits to dvc resorts, we’ve never had a room near a lobby or elevator.

Jo jo - I see that as a good thing. The further you are away from the elevator the less foot traffic you have. We stayed (somewhere) where the hallway had an echo. Everything a certain family got off the elevator the children would begin making screeching and screaming noise to hear it echo. After the second day I open our door and ‘mentioned’ it to the parents.

Now I LIKE being at the far end of the hall.

I like long hallways. I don’t ever walk enough at WDW. :laugh:

We stayed at Yacht Club one time and it was like a giant maze. Every time we turned another corner and thought we were getting close there was another hallway. It was faster to use stairs by the room then walk across the court yard to the lobby. Saved about an hour walk.

Oh Boss, you’re just jealous. :tongue:

Got to agree with llama - fun to stay different places. You never know, you may find a new favorite!