Should I go back?

Ok so I know that we just got back last week from the magic, but the other night DH and I were talking and thinking about when we want to go back next year. So I said that I wanted to go around the X-mas holiday to see the decorations, holiday light show etc… DH said that as much as he loves Disney he really isnt into the whole christmas stuff that I would want to do. So he suggested that I go for a quick long weekend… Like 3 days… My eyes lite up. So as much as I really want to go I kind of feel bad because he wont be with me and Im wondering if its weird that I go by myself?
What to do?

If you have never been and have a chance you should go. Take your camera and soak it in. There is so much to see and take pictures of.

If my DH suggested I should go to Disney…I would probably try to get someone to go with me, but even if I had to go alone…I would go.

Should I go…what kind of question is that? JK Although i’ve never been by myself, I’ve had two friends that visited solo (1 - Christmas, 1 - Spring) and LOVED IT!!! Both talked about all that they noticed that had previously been overlooked in the hussle and trying to keep everyone pleased. Enjoyed the slow paced and being able to wake up and take off without much of a plan to get XYZ checked off a list. Granted both were huge people watchers but have said they’ve do solo again in a heartbeat.

Go and soak it all in.

Go and in case you didn’t understand me…GO.

Last trip there were 9 of us at varies stages. We had fun, but there were times I felt like a TA. I told my DH, I want to take a trip ALL BY MYSELF. Don’t think that will ever happen, but not to have to think for anyone else but me would be sooooo nice.

DH and I went in the beginning of December back in 2006 and it was awesome… DH was a trooper about it but he just isnt that big into the whole x-mas decorations etc and to be honest I did feel kind of rushed… I was thinking about asking a friend to go with me and that she doesnt want to go I think I just may go by myself… So many decisions lol! Thanks everyone!

I hope you have a great trip.

OMG!!! if I had that chance I would go in a second. Sure I would feel weird at first, but once I got there (poof!!!). Go and enjoy yourself.

DO IT!! Solo or with a friend, it will be amazing! Your DH gets points for being so awesome!

That sounds like a great trip to me! I would rather go with my DH, but if he wasn’t into it…I rather he not be there (to ruin it for me).

I can’t wait to hear what you decide!!!

When I was on my CS I had a lot of time to explore the parks and resorts alone, it was wonderful, it’s a very different experience. And although I liked to do it once, I wouldn’t want to do it again. It’s not the same without the family, but it’s really nice to do atleast once! :]

Hope you have fun!

Of course.

Im so sad that I could not go now. The money was just not there. Oh well, maybe I will go next year for x-mas…

Sorry this year didn’t work out but for next year, you COULD remind him just how ROMANTIC all the decorations make you feel. :laugh:

Even if you do make the trip together, there is nothing wrong with spending some alone time. You don’t have to spend every single minute together doing the same thing. If everybody was exactly the same life would be much more boring.

Yes, you should definitely go. If you can take a companion, who would be compatible, I think that would be best. but I also think a short solo trip would be enjoyable and worth doing, if only to see all the stuff they have for Christmas. I went for the week after Thanksgiving last year and it was awesome!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1058307]

Even if you do make the trip together, there is nothing wrong with spending some alone time. You don’t have to spend every single minute together doing the same thing. If everybody was exactly the same life would be much more boring.[/QUOTE]

My DH and I often split up at disney. He loves the parks but not 12 hrs a day, every day. We would start at a park and maybe a few times during our trip, he would either go back for a nap or just decide not to stay for fireworks/parades.

So start planning that trip for next year.

And uhhh Richard, if we were all like you or Boss, life wouldn’t be boring, it would be unbearable…:tongue::biggrin: