Signature Dining Question

I know that the DDP doesn’t include and appetizers now, but if you are going to a Signature Dining restaurant and your have to use 2 credits does that now cover an appetizer?

yes, your two points at a signature restaurant covers 3 courses. Enjoy!

Great to know… thanks

Dopey, I think you are incorrect. According to the brochure, it says the appetizer is only available to guests ages 3-9.

The only thing included for a Signature (2 credit) meal is:
Non-Alcoholic drink
Entree
Dessert

The only way to obtain the appetizer without paying extra is if you have the Deluxe Dining Plan- not the regular.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining_updated.pdf

NO!
It does not!
(Sorry for the exclamation marks and bold type).
The two credits only cover the greater cost of entrees at signature restaurants.
Examples would be the surf and turf entree at Narcoossee’s ($58), the Filet Sicilian at Citrico’s ($41), several of the steaks at Yachtsman which are over $40, and also the many entrees that are $35 or more in all of them, as compared to the single credits of which the vast majority of the entrees offered are $25 or less.

I see that Kim has posted the correct answer, which is, only on the deluxe dining plan (or if you have bought one of the two super deluxe all inclusive vacation plans) is the appetizer included.

Anyway, total price for entree, dessert, and beverage at signatures will be 60-100% more than single credit restaurants. That is why they’re two credits.
The exception to the appetizer rule would be prix fixe meals and the dinner shows.

On the other hand, for about $30 a day extra, you get three sit down credits a day, appetizer, entree, and dessert, two snacks, and the refillable mug instead of one sit down, one counter, and one snack per day and no mug.
If you’re a foodie, and it works in your budget, I think the deluxe plan is the better deal. At the least it will allow you to do a character breakfast every day and a signature or dinner show every night.

Oh boy, I did not know that because whenever we dined at Signature restaurants with the regular dining plan they gave us all of that and didn’t charge. So, I assumed ( I know that I am not to assume…) that it was included.

Sorry if I messed you up InHouseMouse :crying:

It’s also likely that you ate at the signatures prior to 2008 when they dropped the appetizer from the plan. I know that since they dropped the appetizer and created the deluxe plan, to borrow a phrase, “No soup for you” (for free).
Once upon a time (OK, prior to 2005) we used to get our beverage and also cappuccino and espresso after dinner. They also used to be more than willing to exchange a meal you didn’t like for something entirely different.

Wasn’t that back when you were the bee’s knees and dancing the Charleston?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1011971]It’s also likely that you ate at the signatures prior to 2008 when they dropped the appetizer from the plan. I know that since they dropped the appetizer and created the deluxe plan, to borrow a phrase, “No soup for you” (for free).
Once upon a time (OK, prior to 2005) we used to get our beverage and also cappuccino and espresso after dinner. They also used to be more than willing to exchange a meal you didn’t like for something entirely different.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was prior to 2008 after that we had the deluxe plan, where the question is obsolete anyway.

So, in future, I am going to keep my lips tightly pursed :pinch:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1011785]

Sorry if I messed you up InHouseMouse :crying:[/QUOTE]

No prob! :mickey: so long before we go so I’m not totally into the planning stage yet. But thought it would be interesting to know. Still not sure if we’re going to go next December but I told my DH that it would be cheaper to go then to pay for my therapy if we don’t go. :laugh:

Okay, clarify for me, are we talking about the Deluxe Dining Plan or the Regular dining plan?

I see some sites saying the Deluxe still has the appetizers. Am I right?

The Deluxe Dining Plan ($72/day) inlcudes 3 table service meals with appatizer for lunch and dinners. Regular dining Plan ($42/pay) is one table service per day, but does not include them, except for 3-9 which I don’t get unless it’s instead of ordering off kids menu.

:eek: This is me with the deluxe dining plan! :blow::eek::blow: :laugh:

The last time we were there and had the reg. dining plan I had a mini fridge full of chocolate cake by the end of my trip. I think they would have to roll me back up to Canada if I had to use the deluxe plan. :laugh: We don’t usually ever have apps with dinner but I was just wondering if that was something they still offered.

We have done the Deluxe Dining Plan twice. Trust me, we use it. We use the 2 meal restaurants to use all the food. Grand Floridian and Cinderella’s Royal Table were FAR worth it. They are both of our favorites, one for food, one for the atmosphere. Otherwise, I totally know what you mean about too much food. I gained 7 pounds this summer and I think my wife 8 or 9.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1012047]Okay, clarify for me, are we talking about the Deluxe Dining Plan or the Regular dining plan?

I see some sites saying the Deluxe still has the appetizers. Am I right?[/QUOTE]

No, we are talking the regular dining plan that no longer includes the appetizer.
The deluxe plan includes appetizer at all sit down lunch and dinner meals. Of course, there is no appetizer at breakfast. At breakfast, you get juice in place of your appetizer in addition to your beverage. (No Bloody Marys or Mimosas)
Just to try and keep things straight and people unconfused.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010DeluxeDining_updated2.pdf

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1012055]:eek: This is me with the deluxe dining plan! :blow::eek::blow: :laugh:

[/QUOTE]

The only way the deluxe plan works for us is if we use it every night at a signature restaurant. And a breakfast or early lunch at a table service restaurant. Otherwise :blow::blow::blow:too much food already :redface:

This is how we dealt with 5 days of deluxe dining:

Wednesday - Oct 21
Yak and Yeti 12:30 PM
Maya Grill 5:45 PM
Thursday – Oct 22
Crystal Palace 9:55 AM
Narcoossee’s (2) 5:00 PM
Friday – Oct 23
Boma 10:40 AM
Wolfgang Puck Café 10:15 PM
Saturday – Oct 24
Cape May Café 10:30 AM
Le Cellier 4:20 PM
Sunday – Oct 25
1900 Park Fare 10:10 AM
California Grill (2) 9:15 PM
Monday – Oct 26
Maya Grill 10:30 AM
Yachtsman’s (2) 6:00 PM

Now, recognize that we arrived before noon on the 21st and didn’t leave until after dinner on the 26th, so this was really 6 days worth of dining using 5 days worth of credits.
Also, we pretty much didn’t use any of the snacks until I cashed in about 13 on the way home, having only used 7 while we were in WDW and three of the nights we ate at 2 credit signatures. 15 credits for 12 meals.
I didn’t want to eat at le Cellier that early, but it was that, or 8:30 and that would have interfered with Illuminations. The night we ate at Narcoossee’s was the night we went to the Halloween party, so again, we had to jam it into the schedule. Even Maya Grill at 5:45 was a little early, but again, that was to fit in Wishes.

Another question- If we are a family of four on the deluxe plan, can I take my brother to dinner with us one night (lives near WDW) and use one of my TS credits to pay for his meal?

You should be able to.

You are not supposed to, but they don’t check to see who is who.