Signiture Dining Kids welcome?

DH really wants to do the deluxe dining next trip so that we could try some new places we wouldn’t normally dine at, like Narcooses, Cali Grill, Yatchsman, etc. I have seen that these places do have kids menus so I know that they will have something for them.

Are these places really kid friendly or will other patrons look at us like we have 3 heads?

I think anywhere else in America…yes. However, in Disney World…no way. Everyone will look at you like you only have 2 heads.
I am sure that these places are used to kids being in there all the time and they will have plenty of options for them to eat. So no worries.

We have always been lucky and had grandparents with us to help with the kiddos when we did the signature dining restaurants. Although, I have a cousin who worked at the Brown Derby, and she said that kids were fine. As long as they are well-mannered, I think it’s great to take kids. I am a teacher, and by well-mannered, I mean kids who are KIDS but don’t act like complete monkeys!:happy: I think most people have great kids, and as long as we as parents prep them beforehand, it’s all good. Go and have a wonderful time!

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;962506]DH really wants to do the deluxe dining next trip so that we could try some new places we wouldn’t normally dine at, like Narcooses, Cali Grill, Yatchsman, etc. I have seen that these places do have kids menus so I know that they will have something for them.

Are these places really kid friendly or will other patrons look at us like we have 3 heads?[/QUOTE]

We have taken our kids to Narcooseees, Cali Grill and Yachtsman and they were both welcomed and VERY happy with their meals. I think less so at CG, but Narcoosees makes them feel very special, as well as Yachtsman. They really go out of their way to make great presentations for the kids. Narcoosees is our favorite and they even have a filet on the kids menu - kid sized, but awesome. They can also get fancy drinks like smoothies or Shirley Temple like drinks on the DP there, too.

Yachtsman has this fabulous dessert on the kids menu that looks like an artist’s pallet and chocolate in the form of a puzzle that they can put together and “paint” with colored frosting or something. Disney knows how to treat the kids, even at the fancy restaurants! No worries.

Here’s the kids menu’s from Allearsnet.com

Cali Grill:
California Grill Kids’ Menu - Contemporary Resort

Narcoossee’s:
Narcoossee’s Children’s Menu - Grand Floridian

Artist Point:
Artist Point Kids’ Menu

Yachtsman:
http://allears.net/menu/men_yk.htm

My DD tries alot of new things on vacation and loves steak so the menus didn’t bother me much, those puzzle cookies look neat!!

Both of my kids are very well behaved in restaurants and I’m very lucky for that!

The only restaurant that has a set age-limit is Victoria and Albert’s, which is 10 and above (Disney adults).

Besides that, I believe kids are allowed (and of course welcome) at all other WDW restaurants.

Do take note that the signature restaurants have a dress code (not very strict - just no tank tops/swimsuits/vulgar shirts) and that the kids should meet this (if I had kids, I would make this an excuse to put them in sundresses and collared shirts :wub: :laugh:).

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;962562]The only restaurant that has a set age-limit is Victoria and Albert’s, which is 10 and above (Disney adults).

Besides that, I believe kids are allowed (and of course welcome) at all other WDW restaurants.

Do take note that the signature restaurants have a dress code (not very strict - just no tank tops/swimsuits/vulgar shirts) and that the kids should meet this (if I had kids, I would make this an excuse to put them in sundresses and collared shirts :wub: :laugh:).[/QUOTE]

We’d do the same!! Plus we’ll be on the monorail loop for most of them and they wouldn’t be able to get dirty! :laugh:

I’ve seen several patrons not following the dress code in signature restaurants.:glare: This is a big pet-peeve of mine.

We’ve eaten at all of the signature restaurants in WDW (excepting Citrico’s) and there have always been kids at at least 10-20% of the tables, if not more.
And if you’re going to be disturbed by kids at dinner, what are you doing in WDW anyway?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;962984]We’ve eaten at all of the signature restaurants in WDW (excepting Citrico’s) and there have always been kids at at least 10-20% of the tables, if not more.
And if you’re going to be disturbed by kids at dinner, what are you doing in WDW anyway?[/QUOTE]

My point exactly!:laugh:

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;962506]DH really wants to do the deluxe dining next trip so that we could try some new places we wouldn’t normally dine at, like Narcooses, Cali Grill, Yatchsman, etc. I have seen that these places do have kids menus so I know that they will have something for them.

Are these places really kid friendly or will other patrons look at us like we have 3 heads?[/QUOTE]

I think at Disney everyone expects to find kids everywhere. It helps though if the kids know not to have food fights and make a huge mess in these kinds of restaurants. I know your fellow guests (me) would appreciate that :blush:

Exactly. I grew up in a resort town, and DH and I lived there until we were expecting baby #3. I remember eating a restaurant that is very popular with the tourists once when DD10 and DS were very small and there were 3 families dining right beside us altogether. The adults were seated at one table and the children at table right beside the parents. The children made the biggest mess I’ve ever seen! There was food all over the floor. The lady who owned the restaurant saw what the adults had let the children do, and asked the mothers to please clean up some of the mess before they left. :ohmy:DH and I had to snicker a little bit when we saw those 3 mommies on the floor picking up some of the food. It really served them right. Part of taking your children out in public is to teach them how to behave in public!

I agree with you completely. Besides isn’t it nice if you have children who behave well and you don’t have to worry about it and can enjoy an expensive meal?

Woaw, we are going to get in trouble for thread-jacking. Back to the original questions :biggrin:

[QUOTE=Dopey;963022]I agree with you completely. Besides isn’t it nice if you have children who behave well and you don’t have to worry about it and can enjoy an expensive meal?

Woaw, we are going to get in trouble for thread-jacking. Back to the original questions :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely!

I won’t be “one of those” parents…My kids are both (yes even the baby) very well behaved in restaurants…guess that’s from us taking them out so much since I don’t cook much :blush:

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;963088]I agree with you completely!

I won’t be “one of those” parents…My kids are both (yes even the baby) very well behaved in restaurants…guess that’s from us taking them out so much since I don’t cook much :blush:[/QUOTE]

Then you’ll be very welcome I am sure. Go have fun, enjoy the great food and bring back a report :wink: