Silly game of the day- Cheapest fully featured Disney trip possible

Okay, I feel I am somewhat of a junior Disney expert. I think I can get a trip to Disney, full of value, at a great price.

However, my neighbors returned today and might have beat anything I ever thought about.

They stayed with someone who had a room rented at Wilderness Lodge, WL even gave them room keys (7 in a room, and never tried to hide it). The family they stayed with shared some of their dining plan credits and they paid for some of their meals and their friends’ meals. Again, the family asked, the waitress said “it is your credits”. They did a couple of condo tours and got park tickets for free. They basically beat any idea of value I have ever heard of. Why? Because my neighbor is a punk! LOL. Now, let me say, I love him like a brother, but his point was “I bet I can” and he did. LOL. He just wanted to show me up with a second trip this summer and have fun with his little value game.

So, here is my game: Tell me your ideas how to get the cheapest but full featured trip you can. Resort, on property, dining, at least counter service, and park hopper tickets. But, my rule is, you pay for it yourself. I would personally think, rent points, add dining, and tickets through undercover tourist. But, I may be wrong.

My neighbor? He is my king for the day. Is he shady? ABSOLUTELY. Would I do it that way? NEVER. However, he wanted to prove me wrong and DID. What a punk! LOL. To make matters worse, he sent his KIDS over to brag. LOLOL.

One thing… He is a lurker on here, so be kind. He is a known Disney expert too! LOL.

He stayed with the friends because they offered and he got them a great deal. He was their tour guide for 5 days and they actually appreciated it. He did it because it was all offered to him and he wanted to see if Disney would stop him. They didn’t.

Wow, well, like you said. He did not hide it and they did not stop him. I wonder how they could really get any sleep in 7 to a room?

Not my style, but ok.

Seven people sharing one bathroom? Must’ve been mostly boys! :laugh:

I’d do what you suggested with renting points. What’s usually even cheaper than renting points is renting people’s reservations after it’s 45 days out (I think), and they can’t cancel.

As for tickets, if someone has kids, they can enroll them in the Youth Education Series Individual Enrollment to take advantage of cheaper ticket packages… you can get an 8-day Park Hopper pass for $190 and an 8-day Premium Pass for $208 (I selected the Oceans whatever tour… it looked the most interesting. I don’t know if there is a price difference between tours). You can register up to 6 kids and up to 4 adults. Has to be more kids than adults. It eats up some time taking the tour, but you can save big $$$!

Yeah, they had a studio at the WL Villas. I have no idea how they stood it, but I know how they did it. Our friends, who are probably reading this (morons) have one son, 8. Our neighbor (bigger morons! LOL) have one son and one daughter (9 and 8). The friends who had the room slept on the bed and the other couple slept not the foldout. The kids all slept on the floor on blankets/sleeping bags. The “friends” got up and had dinging plans and went to breakfast while our neighbors got a later start and did all their grooming then.

Craziness.

The neighbor is bragging that their 5 days costs them $700 front to back, including driving down (which I know is pretty valid). The friend they stayed with, I know that 10 nights cost them $4200 for 5 nights at WL and 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas, with Deluxe Dining and Park Hopper (I helped set up the package, so I know it is right).

Even though it is all “shady”, I know it is impressive. I would love to see if someone has done the same thing.

Victoria (Princess of the awesome trip report), how do you rent reservations? I haven’t heard of that one.

Just keep a watch on sites like MouseOwners (Confirmed Reservations for Rent) and DIS DVC Rent/Trade for threads that read “Reservation for Rent: [Arrival Date] - [Departure Date].” It’s set in stone, though, and you can’t be super picky about your dates or resort… but there are good deals to be found.

For example, I just came across someone with 6 nights already booked in August for an Old Key West Studio for $774. And it’s still available, so I would guess that they’d be willing to negotiate the price. Any money is always better than no money… so book late and search for the desperate renters!

You lost me at 7 people - 1 bathroom. :blow:

Well, he’s got chutzpah…I can’t play the game. Ever since we got DVC I don’t pay much attention to discounts, etc. I barely know how the DDP works. And I’d never have the nerve to try any of the stuff he did.

As for the friends they stayed with? I hope they at least bought them a nice dinner.

I’m not sure I’'m on the right lines of the game, but we buy two single day Magic Your Way tickets to get 23 days of continuous free dining plan. Also we activate our AP in September one year, and then holiday in August the following year. That way we get 46 days unlimited entry into all the parks (two vacations worth). I dont think Disney can make that much money out of us. Once you tot up dining plan (saves us hundreds of dollars) and unlimited entry into the parks on two vacations-I think its us thats ahead due to our length of stay.
Plus we always have Keith at Mouseketrips do our booking, he always get the deals only usually available to the USA guests.
But good on your friend for doing that- the thing is, you’re not in the room that much-only really to sleep, and the benefits? worth a little discomfort and bathroom queueing!:laugh:

The best that i’ve ever done is less than $100 for a week stay last summer.

How…We (my fam was me + 3) had a 6 night stay at SoG (not Disney but still onsite), 1 night on the way there and back as well as gas both ways and meals on the road all paid for with Girl Scout funds by selling cookies. Even though something else paid my way I still worked for the funds. Meals for me there were paid by my points on my Disney Visa, the girls meals (3 TS the rest CS) and souvies…Cookie funds. Girls got a 5 day hopper with the Youth Education Series for $140ish, mine was free as 1 of the 2 Chapperones required with the group. We did the Group Program that requires a min of 10 students/2 adults. We also participated in the Give a Day-Get a Day and used it for the FP option instead of the free extra day.

6 nights/4 W&M days this summer on our own dime for 5…about $2,500 for WDW.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1084087]Yeah, they had a studio at the WL Villas. I have no idea how they stood it, but I know how they did it. Our friends, who are probably reading this (morons) have one son, 8. Our neighbor (bigger morons! LOL) have one son and one daughter (9 and 8). The friends who had the room slept on the bed and the other couple slept not the foldout. The kids all slept on the floor on blankets/sleeping bags. The “friends” got up and had dinging plans and went to breakfast while our neighbors got a later start and did all their grooming then.

Craziness.

The neighbor is bragging that their 5 days costs them $700 front to back, including driving down (which I know is pretty valid).
The friend they stayed with, I know that 10 nights cost them $4200 for 5 nights at WL and 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas, with Deluxe Dining and Park Hopper (I helped set up the package, so I know it is right).

Even though it is all “shady”, I know it is impressive. I would love to see if someone has done the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Hope no one had to visit the bathroom during the night…or did the kids sleep on the balcony???

It’s sort of hard to count that as a “how cheap of a trip can you get” trip, when the friends carried the room cost. That’s like my DS says his trip cost 20 bucks (we paid QS dining plan, used our DVC points and they had airline points), they only paid for a few tips. Sure he didn’t put out money, but it’s not like that’s ever going to happen again.

I’d say Dixie is trying to show how to get the most of a disney trip.

It’s sort of hard to count that as a “how cheap of a trip can you get” trip, when the friends carried the room cost. That’s like my DS says his trip cost 20 bucks (we paid QS dining plan, used our DVC points and they had airline points), they only paid for a few tips. Sure he didn’t put out money, but it’s not like that’s ever going to happen again.

I’d say Dixie is trying to show how to get the most of a disney trip.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Jo Jo My husband’s son and his family could say they went for free…my husband and I pay for the DDP, their airfare we use our DVC and give them the room keys hooked into our Credit Card. So the only money they really have to spend is on souveniers they want to bring back for other people. So they could say they had an 8 day Disney vacation for less than $100.00.

[QUOTE=dixie;1084139]I’m not sure I’'m on the right lines of the game, but we buy two single day Magic Your Way tickets to get 23 days of continuous free dining plan. Also we activate our AP in September one year, and then holiday in August the following year. That way we get 46 days unlimited entry into all the parks (two vacations worth). I dont think Disney can make that much money out of us. Once you tot up dining plan (saves us hundreds of dollars) and unlimited entry into the parks on two vacations-I think its us thats ahead due to our length of stay.
Plus we always have Keith at Mouseketrips do our booking, he always get the deals only usually available to the USA guests.
But good on your friend for doing that- the thing is, you’re not in the room that much-only really to sleep, and the benefits? worth a little discomfort and bathroom queueing!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Okay, this sounds very informative - I’ve never heard of this before!

So… can you explain how you’re getting 23 days of free dining plan with two single day MYW tickets? Is it only good for UK guests? Just curious - we are looking at going back to APs, so this is something to look at.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1084207]Okay, this sounds very informative - I’ve never heard of this before!

So… can you explain how you’re getting 23 days of free dining plan with two single day MYW tickets? Is it only good for UK guests? Just curious - we are looking at going back to APs, so this is something to look at.[/QUOTE]

I’ll try although Keith from Mouseketrips would probably do better! To activate free dining plan I needed just a one day Magic Your Way ticket with free dining plan for each of our reservations- but free dining is limited to 14 days only- so I have one reservation for 14 days, and then make another reservation for 9 days (this has to have another MYW one day entry ticket too) thus making 23 days of free dining. Nope its not for UK guests its quite the opposite, the MYW was for US guests -but because Keith does our booking and I pay in US dollars I guess thats how it goes through- please dont forget this was last year’s promotion not this-it could be a completely different offer available this year.

Edit: this is full service TS plan too, not just CS- (not deluxe though)
drawback is having to re check in, and hoping there isn’t a room change. But it means we get two lots of luggage tags, vouchers for PH and crazy golf etc- a really really great deal because we have two ressies- we are quids in on this package.

[QUOTE=dixie;1084234]I’ll try although Keith from Mouseketrips would probably do better! To activate free dining plan I needed just a one day Magic Your Way ticket with free dining plan for each of our reservations- but free dining is limited to 14 days only- so I have one reservation for 14 days, and then make another reservation for 9 days (this has to have another MYW one day entry ticket too) thus making 23 days of free dining. Nope its not for UK guests its quite the opposite, the MYW was for US guests -but because Keith does our booking and I pay in US dollars I guess thats how it goes through- please dont forget this was last year’s promotion not this-it could be a completely different offer available this year.

Edit: this is full service TS plan too, not just CS- (not deluxe though)
drawback is having to re check in, and hoping there isn’t a room change. But it means we get two lots of luggage tags, vouchers for PH and crazy golf etc- a really really great deal because we have two ressies- we are quids in on this package.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhkayyy… I get it! DDP is for each day of your resort stay, not each day on your park ticket. This is definitely a handy piece of advice we need to keep in mind! Probably more useful when free dining is offered.

yep, you got it:happy: so worth getting one single day entry ticket for all that free dining. Keith weighed up whether we would be better off with AP room discount or 23 days free dining, and of course the free dining won out hands down.

Dixie did you go home with a whole suitcase of snacks or did you share with all your “new” friends on the 6 (?) hour flight home?

Not sure if I ever told this story or not but when I was 17 years old me and my best friend wanted to go to Disney World overnight SO BAD (I lived in West Palm Beach at the time) but the only money we could scrounge together would cover gas to drive to Orlando & some cheap eats. My best friend was a couple years older than me and knew a boy who worked in Disney for college so he was getting us into one park for free. We had NO money for a hotel WHAT SO EVER. WE SLEPT ON THE POLYNESIAN BEACH IN A HAMMOCK!!! Not ONE security person ever came up to us! Oh and we also TOTALLY took ‘hobo showers’ in the bathroom sinks in the little outhouse between the Poly & Grand Floridian. Omg, if my parents EVER KNEW we did this I would have been murdered. :confused:

So Michele and I were officially Disney ‘hobos’ for one night. She slept like a baby all night, I was miserable and left with a million mosquito bites.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1084450]Not sure if I ever told this story or not but when I was 17 years old me and my best friend wanted to go to Disney World overnight SO BAD (I lived in West Palm Beach at the time) but the only money we could scrounge together would cover gas to drive to Orlando & some cheap eats. My best friend was a couple years older than me and knew a boy who worked in Disney for college so he was getting us into one park for free. We had NO money for a hotel WHAT SO EVER. WE SLEPT ON THE POLYNESIAN BEACH IN A HAMMOCK!!! Not ONE security person ever came up to us! Oh and we also TOTALLY took ‘hobo showers’ in the bathroom sinks in the little outhouse between the Poly & Grand Floridian. Omg, if my parents EVER KNEW we did this I would have been murdered. :confused:

So Michele and I were officially Disney ‘hobos’ for one night. She slept like a baby all night, I was miserable and left with a million mosquito bites.[/QUOTE]

Ha love it! Now that is a free Disney experience!:laugh:

Lol Joanne, we took rucks of snacks home and dished them out to all the kids we know, we had Mickey cookies, Mickey lollys, Mickey everythings! and course we were very popular!
I think it was in the Y&B club resort the CM there helped us use up every one of our snack credits- and there were alot of them to be used up:laugh: