Single digits... doesn't feel real!

Okay so we’re now on single digits, just over 9 days to go.
While I am REALLY excited, I don’t think it has sunk in. For a long time we didn’t think we’d be going back for about 4 years, so now I think it just doesn’t feel real!
I think it will sink in next week just before we go… especially when we’re packing! :happy: That always seems to make it seem really real!

At what point do you guys all get excited?

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113498]Okay so we’re now on single digits, just over 9 days to go.
While I am REALLY excited, I don’t think it has sunk in. For a long time we didn’t think we’d be going back for about 4 years, so now I think it just doesn’t feel real!
I think it will sink in next week just before we go… especially when we’re packing! :happy: That always seems to make it seem really real!

At what point do you guys all get excited?[/QUOTE]

—I get excited as soon as plans are in order—tickets bought, room reservations made—it’s hard for me not to get excited—but I only go every 3-4 years so—I am like a kid—can’t wait for August!!!

I can completely understand that. We have been every two years since 2006 but even two years seems like a lifetime.
At the same time though, we are under no illusion we’ll be able to afford to go every two years forever, so we try to make the most of every time we go! :happy:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113500]I can completely understand that. We have been every two years since 2006 but even two years seems like a lifetime.
At the same time though, we are under no illusion we’ll be able to afford to go every two years forever, so we try to make the most of every time we go! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I am so jealous of people who can go once or twice—or even more times–a year. But—I look at it from the angle that—it just makes it even more special when we do get to go. :happy:

Enjoy your preparations. Once that suitcase comes out—I really really get all jumpy inside!!!

Your week will go by so quickly, and it will be so much fun! Have a great trip. I hope that we treat you well while you are here.

Now is the time to enjoy the feeling because your week or two will go by way too fast. Enjoy!!!

I get excited the further along in the planning I get but it REALLY kicks in when I get the packet from Disney with my Magical Express stuff!!
Have a great trip!!

[QUOTE=smallworld;1113502]I am so jealous of people who can go once or twice—or even more times–a year. But—I look at it from the angle that—it just makes it even more special when we do get to go. :happy:

Enjoy your preparations. Once that suitcase comes out—I really really get all jumpy inside!!![/QUOTE]

[FONT=“Arial”]I know what you mean! My cousins have been about 12 times! Crazy!

Thank you! I’m sure we will be REALLY excited when we start packing! :happy:[/FONT]

I find the excitment comes in waves with each planing activity. Calling DVC 11 months out. Transferring to the choice resort 7 months out. Then making ADRs. Then DME arrives. Packing

I’ve just ordered my dollars online. I’m £660 down so NOW it feels real!
Once I receive them as well it will definitely feel real! It’s weird but I love the smell of dollars! nothing like receiving them and knowing there’s not long to go! :happy:

All our eTickets have been printed too and we have our little ‘Florida folder’ :laugh:
All the tickets, documents and Itinerary goes in there. So exciting!

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113591]I’ve just ordered my dollars online. I’m £660 down so NOW it feels real!
Once I receive them as well it will definitely feel real! It’s weird but I love the smell of dollars! nothing like receiving them and knowing there’s not long to go! :happy:

All our eTickets have been printed too and we have our little ‘Florida folder’ :laugh:
All the tickets, documents and Itinerary goes in there. So exciting![/QUOTE]

…you know I never noticed…do your “pounds” have that printing smell? I always have gotten them from the banks ATM machine after I get to the UK…and a lot of ATM money is not new…

…enjoy your prep time!!!

:happy:

We are not down to single digits yet but ohhh are we close. Enjoy your time!!

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113591]I’ve just ordered my dollars online. I’m £660 down so NOW it feels real!

All the tickets, documents and Itinerary goes in there. So exciting![/QUOTE]

So excited for you Mel and dying to hear all about it. Laughed at you and the smell of the dollars! We stand in Marks and Sparks sniffing the dollars- people must think we’re mad! I don’t think our notes have that same print smell do they? Start the countdown clock!:happy:

Omg do you really smell them in M&S? That is so funny! :laugh:
The dollars have just arrived today! and the first thing I did was smell them. Ohh I love dollars! :happy:

As far as I know, pounds don’t have a particular smell. If they do, I’ve never noticed anyways!
Ohh it’s one week tomorrow! time is going by so fast!! :happy:

Have a great trip. I never thought about our money smelling, and another country’s not smelling… Too funny! Hope you have a great time.

It is a very odd thing I guess! Also, Florida has a certain smell too.
As soon as we arrive and go through US customs I can smell it! It’s all so exciting!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113665]It is a very odd thing I guess! Also, Florida has a certain smell too.
As soon as we arrive and go through US customs I can smell it! It’s all so exciting!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Yes…I agree about the smell…not a bad one just noticeable…I think it’s the vegetation we don’t have up here that gives it that smell…

Yup, that’s an exciting day or when you get the email that your waitlist come thru.

Mostly now I get excited on the plane. Everything was planned, packing is done, car is taken care of…here on is just disney, disney, disney.

My first trip yrs ago, I was so excited I think I bored people with me talking about it ALL the time.

I don’t know what the smell is to be honest!
It’s just a ‘Florida’ smell… even when we come back I could still smell it on the WDW bags we had! :laugh:

Just took out some bill from my wallet and yes they do have a smell. Funny I would never have thought that someone from another country would notice that.
I start getting excited as soon as I pick a time for the next trip.