Sixteen days?

Really, 16 days at WDW? Well, I’m seriously thinking about it.

We booked and planned our usual summer trip a few months back. We’re booked at Beach Club Villas for 10 days, about the usual for us. Then I was joking around teasing my husband about going down before him for a few extra days. Then it turned into a more serious conversation and next thing I know we’re talking about a 16 day trip. Why not? We’re going to renew our APs so there won’t be any extra cost there and Nate and I wouldn’t do much more than counter service restaurants for the extra days. I think we’ll book Pop Century for the part of the trip, for just the two of us it will be fine and it’s cheap. If things work out my husband may be able to leave a few days earlier than planned and he’ll be able to join us for a few extra days.

Our longest trip has been 13 days and it wasn’t too much so I’m pretty sure I’ll be fine with 16 days. I haven’t gotten excited about the extra days until this week. We were talking about it again and my husband said we only have a couple more summers before Nate graduates and he won’t have unlimited days to go on vacation. Thinking about it that way I’m really leaning towards booking the extra days and enjoying the one-on-one time with my soon to be 16 year old.

Sixteen days? I think it sounds great!

Wow…I would love the extra time in the area!!! The most we ever go is 6/7 days…

…and to think…20years ago we were happy with going for a 4 day weekend-before AK…

Have fun planning…

wow- thaT is a great trip! I have been for 10 days as the longest… and I was not ready to come home. I think it would give you time to do everything there you wanted to do-even not inside Disney parks… What fun!

I think it sounds great, too! book book book! :happy: I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Really trying to figure out how to manage a trip next December since it’ll be my son’s last year before high school. Doesn’t look good, but I understand wanting time with your son!

Definitely do it. Since my boys hit college age they haven’t been able to go because of schedules, etc. so go and enjoy some one on one time with Nate. (Although if my memory served me correct, when my older DS hit sixteen, there was some new found independence there that we were not prepared for, so keep that in mind if he wants to go off on his own.)

I’ve found 8-9 days to be about our limit before we’re ready to head home.

Are you one of those people (like my DH) that can’t be away from his lawn for over a week???)

I think it sounds great! Due it now, while you can. If I could work out 16 day in WDW I would do it in a heart beat. Especially if I could get my DH and DD to be able to go with me. The longest trip I could ever work out is 10 days. Which I have to say was very nice.

I did a little planning tonight and I really think I’m going to do it. With some budgeting for the first half I really think it will work.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1140572]Wow…I would love the extra time in the area!!! The most we ever go is 6/7 days…

…and to think…20years ago we were happy with going for a 4 day weekend-before AK…

Have fun planning…[/QUOTE]
My first trip was only 2 days. I had no idea what WDW was all about and did no planning. Twenty years later I can’t imagine going for only 2 days and with no knowledge about the parks.

Six or seven days isn’t a bad length, we’ve done a couple of trips about that long and we can cram a lot in, just not a lot of rest. I’m excited about 16 days, I think we’ll be able to mix some down time with lots of park time.

I’ve never been ready to come home and I’m not sure I ever would be. I’m not sure what new things we’re going to throw in but I’m sure we will be able to fill our days.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1140574]I think it sounds great, too! book book book! :happy: I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Really trying to figure out how to manage a trip next December since it’ll be my son’s last year before high school. Doesn’t look good, but I understand wanting time with your son![/QUOTE]

High school??? That doesn’t seem possible, I still picture him at about 6 or 7. How does this happen? I hope you get your trip next year, high school seems to change everything.

I get sad just thinking about Nate going to college. I can’t believe how quickly he’s grown up, it just doesn’t seem possible. Im sure Nate will want some freedom in the parks, he’s been going off on his own for an hour or two in the same park we’re in for a couple of years so we’ve been working up to it slowly. I’m hoping when it’s just the two of us he won’t want to go off on his own.

I can understand that. I’m hoping we don’t find 16 days too much. I think since it’s going to feel like two trips we’ll be ok but who knows.

Ten days is our norm and I’m never ready to leave, it just goes by too quickly. I feel like this will be about our last chance to do something like this so I’m going enjoy the time if everything works out.

It sounds like you are building in time to relax… I am learning to do that with our trips. It is hard.

Just think of all the British MBers that stay for 3 weeks or so. They would say your trip is terribly short.

Once we win a 500 million lottery ( I have high standards, a few million won’t do it ), I’d stay for weeks and weeks. I’d loved to be one of those people who have tons of DVC points and use them to be snow birds.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1140606]Just think of all the British MBers that stay for 3 weeks or so. They would say your trip is terribly short.

Once we win a 500 million lottery ( I have high standards, a few million won’t do it ), I’d stay for weeks and weeks. I’d loved to be one of those people who have tons of DVC points and use them to be snow birds.[/QUOTE]

You’re right, lots of people stay longer than two weeks. I’m still having trouble planning our days and fitting everything in. Honestly, there is never enough time to fit everything in no matter how long we stay.

It is hard to relax. I feel like time is money and if we’re just sitting around we’re wasting money. I’ve gotten better about that but we still spend most of our time in the parks.

…that’s kind of the way we feel about any vacation…I just can’t relax…I feel like we need to see and do it all…