Sneaky dining plan question

ok- so since they are all pooled… does this mean that I can use the kids meals as adult ones and then pay seperate for the kids meals? for instance can I use the credits for Cinderella dinner (requiring two credits) and then at one of the other places we eat pay cash for the kids meals like at primetime where they will eat less and it would be cheaper?? If they pool them will they look for a certain amount of kids meals ordered in the end?

I was wondering the same thing. Hope someone has the answer.

I think now that the credits are listed as adult table service and child table service.

I wonder.(too short)

I am glad you asked this. When we first started inquiring about the DDP, I was told that you definately could use the childrens credits as adults credits because they are pooled, but then as time went by, I heard that the credits were “described”. I wish someone who actually works at a Disney restaurant would be able to help out.

If you look at my post Dining–HELP, I made mention that everything on Disney and on Allears say that when you have children on the DP, you have to use the Children’s Menu when they have one. My question on my post was that I looked at Pinnochio’s and the Children’s Menu says PBJ or Mac and Cheese, this is according to Allears. My son does not like PBJ or Mac & Cheese, but they have Pizza on the menu. Can we use it? That is where the pooling question came into play. I am confused.:confused:

Here is what Disney.com says about the Plan:

Here’s how you can build your perfect Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining:

1. For each night of your package, the Disney Dining Plan includes the following meals for each Guest in your party:
    * One (1) Table-Service Meal
    Includes appetizer, entree, dessert or full buffet and non-alcoholic beverage as well as gratuity (children ages 3-9 must choose from the children’s menu if available; dessert not available at breakfast)
    * One (1) Counter-Service Meal
    Includes entree, dessert or one complete combo meal, and non-alcoholic beverage (children ages 3-9 must choose from the children’s menu if available; dessert not available at breakfast)
    * One (1) Snack
    Choose from a frozen ice-cream novelty or fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single piece of whole fruit, single serving Grab Bag of Frito-Lay’s Chips, 20oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or 24oz. Dasani Water, medium fountain soft drink or apple juice. Available at select counter-service and snack-cart locations.
    * As an added benefit, you may exchange 2 table-service meals for either 1 Signature Dining Experience at one of our finest restaurants, such as the acclaimed Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, or for 1 Disney Dinner Show, such as Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.
    * Select Downtown Disney® restaurants may require a surcharge for certain entree items.
    Reservations are strongly suggested and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Please call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).† Reservations are required for Disney dinner shows.

If you look, you will see what I mean about the children’s menu.

So, they don’t differienciate, because, in some cases their may not be a children’s menu, anyway? Is that what you mean? LOL?
I"m so slow.

I’m glad my children are considered adults on the DP! LOL! This would give me a headache!

I’m pretty sure there was a post in the past where someone mentioned Disney cracking down on this type of thing. I am pretty sure the adult/child credits are detailed as such and can’t be used interchangably.

I think later in that post - that theory was debunked.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have started to crack down and catch on by now, you’re right…however, in May they didn’t.:blush: Our son slept through O’hana’s so wasn’t charged and then another TS they apparently forgot to charge him? We weren’t quite sure because we didn’t notice them time it happened. Long story short - we ended up 2 extra TS meals and just used them up by paying for 4 adult meals (we were with our freinds who weren’t on the plan). We figured everything evened out in the end but we actually wound up using 2 child TS’s for 2 adults.

ROFL, LInk me baby!

Oops, my bad!:pinch:

Well, ya know, I could be wrong! LOL!

Who, wrong, Erin, NAAAHHH!!
(kneels and bows before computer)

ROFL! That’s halarious!! Mostly cuz, I’m usually wrong! :laugh:

Bows and kneels? Are you smoochin’ butt? LOL…:laugh:

She’s just makin’ a joke, cuz she knows I’m usually wrong! LOL!

Somebody feel like calling WDW-DINE tomorrow? It looks like, if your child is 9 or over, it doesn’t matter. I’d love to be able to answer this, but the one time I had a child with me and we were on the plan, it didn’t matter. All meals were available for adults. However, were were on the Grand Plan and we got la Nouba tickets for two adults and one child. We’d already sent him home (story elsewhere on this board) and invited my friend who lived in Orlando. I kept the Child’s ticket for myself, and they never bothered to notice there was a 46 year old man using a child’s ticket.