Sneaky, Sneaky ... A day at Disneyland without the kids

My wonderful DH had to be in LA last week for business and decided that I needed a little break. He asked his mom to watch the boys for a couple of days, and flew me in to spend a couple of days with him in the SoCal sun.

My flight was Thursday morning at 6am! :blink: Six am flight means I have to get up at … 3:30! :crying: After finally getting myself together and packed (at midnight), I got a lovely 2 hours of sleep. Off to the airport with the thought that I might finally be able to sleep on a plane. Who knew there was traffic at 4:30am? I was actually stuck in traffic on the way to the airport at that ungodly hour. I made it just in time! I boarded as soon as I walked up to the gate … whew!

Uneventful flight which actually arrived early! I managed maybe another hour of sleep on the 4 hour flight. Stuck in traffic again on the way to anaheim … why did I listen to the gps and take the 405? Finally got there and met up with my DH at the Hilton where we checked in and then took the jeep to explore beaches!

The view at lunch (some little restaurant at Huntington beach ~ of course, I forgot the name :blush: )

After a wonderful afternoon soaking up some sun and watching the waves, we headed back to freshen up and make it to our dinner reservations at Napa Rose. The restaurant and food were wonderful. We had the white salmon with lobster ravioli and shared a bottle of wine. As excellent as the wine was, it can make a person completely loopy if they have had only 2 or 3 hours of sleep. I think I may have been completely babbling nonsense by the end of the meal.

Back to the hotel and this view

What a great plan! Lucky you! And someday I hope to try Napa Rose. (And next time: message me. My dad’s finally figured out the perfect route from LAX to Anaheim! Although that time of morning… there’s not much anyone can do.)

lol … I think everything is backed up at that time, but I will def get some tips on the best route next time!

At 9:30, I get rattled awake by DH sweetly telling me that he hears booms and to come on … wakey wakey. Incoherent babbling returns, but I manage to wake up enough to catch this from the window:

[QUOTE=Cielei;1083762]My wonderful DH had to be in LA last week for business and decided that I needed a little break. He asked his mom to watch the boys for a couple of days, and flew me in to spend a couple of days with him in the SoCal sun.

My flight was Thursday morning at 6am! :blink: Six am flight means I have to get up at … 3:30! :crying: After finally getting myself together and packed (at midnight), I got a lovely 2 hours of sleep. Off to the airport with the thought that I might finally be able to sleep on a plane. Who knew there was traffic at 4:30am? I was actually stuck in traffic on the way to the airport at that ungodly hour. I made it just in time! I boarded as soon as I walked up to the gate … whew!

Uneventful flight which actually arrived early! I managed maybe another hour of sleep on the 4 hour flight. Stuck in traffic again on the way to anaheim … why did I listen to the gps and take the 405? Finally got there and met up with my DH at the Hilton where we checked in and then took the jeep to explore beaches!

The view at lunch (some little restaurant at Huntington beach ~ of course, I forgot the name :blush: )

[/QUOTE]

My home town!!! It looks at though you might have dined at Fred’s Mexican Cafe?

Oh my that looks so gorgeous! Is this where you live Pep? its soooo lovely. And the view from the hotel window- simply lovely- tell us more!

Well, were I grew up:happy: We visit quite often though!

Summer kidnapped me! Sorry about that! :blush:

That was probably Fred’s … I know it was mexican! (pretty good margarita!)

After a wonderful night’s sleep, we headed to Disneyland the next morning! Since it was close to my birthday, my DH dragged me (yes literally) :eek: to town hall to get a birthday button and pinned it on himself since I said I was too old for that!

His birthday button picture at the entrance. Can you tell I am less than thrilled, but being the sweet wife I am, humoring him?

Next up, one of our favorites … SPACE MOUNTAIN!

I swear he has a freaky sixth sense about those ride cameras because he always looks good in the pictures while I always look like … well that.

We had so much fun just playing around and doing whatever we wanted. We headed over to california adventure shortly after it opened and caught almost everything before we headed back to Disneyland.

California Screamin’

California Screamin’ after lunch and happy hour in Downtown Disney

Back at DL …

DH’s teacup fun

Finally, the finale to a wonderful escape for the parents. I now refer to this trip as research for next year.

Fireworks up close

Tinkerbell

Dumbo is flying!

I have NEVER been disappointed with Napa Rose. The food is superb, and the wait staff know their wines. :happy:

[QUOTE=Cielei;1088419]Finally, the finale to a wonderful escape for the parents. I now refer to this trip as research for next year.

Fireworks up close

Tinkerbell

Dumbo is flying!

[/QUOTE]

great pictures… and great dh

It looks like the two of you had a wonderful adult only trip. :heart:

How fun! I went once with DH alone and loved it!
Totally different experience isn’t it?
Glad you had a great time :slight_smile:

DH and I have never been on a trip alone, but are planning on taking a day to ourselves this next trip. Looks like you had a great trip!

I guess you enjoyed a lot at your trip. Fireworks at night is one of the amazing and beautiful experience of the Disney Land.

Love to try Napa Rose someday… your pics look FUN!