So bummed :(

So out of the blue i decided to check the disney site to see how much it would cost to go this august for a week…i got what i think is an amazing price for the POLY…

August 23 - 27
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Free Dining Package
2 Adults / 4 Children (7, 6, 4, 2)

• Dining
    $2613.67 with a 5-day base ticket
    $2890.57 - with 5-day park hoppers

I was freaking out, i got so excited, i don’t think we can ever get the POLY for this cheap ever again…i asked DH and he said NO…not because he doesn’t want to but because we just got back from our March trip, and we just paid off our 4000.00 Disney credit card bill…and we need to save for oil for the winter, etc. he doesn’t want to go into debt again, he wants to save as much as we can so we don’t have to charge much for our next trip…plus he reminded me that, we said we would go for joey’s 4th or 5th bday not his 3rd bday.

realistically he is right, but the price seems great to me and it got me so excited, I never seen it that low for a family of 6 before.

Next year my SIL is getting married in Sept. and if we go for DS’s 4th bday, his bday is in Sept. so next year might not be doable either…ugh

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1040678]So out of the blue i decided to check the disney site to see how much it would cost to go this august for a week…i got what i think is an amazing price for the POLY…

August 23 - 27
Free Dining Package

• Dining

I was freaking out, i got so excited, i don’t think we can ever get the POLY for this cheap ever again…i asked DH and he said NO…not because he doesn’t want to but because we just got back from our March trip, and we just paid off our 4000.00 Disney credit card bill…and we need to save for oil for the winter, etc. he doesn’t want to go into debt again, he wants to save as much as we can so we don’t have to charge much for our next trip…plus he reminded me that, we said we would go for joey’s 4th or 5th bday not his 3rd bday.

realistically he is right, but the price seems great to me and it got me so excited, I never seen it that low for a family of 6 before.

Next year my SIL is getting married in Sept. and if we go for DS’s 4th bday, his bday is in Sept. so next year might not be doable either…ugh[/QUOTE]

could you make a deal. stay at a cheaper hotel maybe a moderate. we are going in October for that much for eighths nights but stating at port orleans. just a suggestion.

you mean for next year or this august?

I’d say book the trip to hold it and then start setting up for the biggest garage sale you have ever had in your life. Run it two weekends in a row, and if you get half the amount of money that it would cost for the trip, it’s a go. If not, put that money in a safe place for next year’s trip.

that is a really cool idea, i don’t know if i can scramble up anything in that short time period, but i can try:redface:

I made a lot of money selling books, cds, dvds, video games…etc… on Amazon.com.

:sad:I know it really sucks not getting to stay at the Poly. My DH and I would have but we are going with a friend we would be seven in the room. We have 4 kids too (8, 6, 4, 2). This would have been the only time that we could have stayed in one room if my friend was not coming. If we ever want to stay there again then we would need to have 2 rooms. Really to me I do not see a reason to pay 700(because of needing the extra room) or more a night just to stay a the Poly. However we are doing the family suite at ASM and with our friend, and quick serve, 4n, 5d it is just over 2000. We are doing the Kids S&P free. Really it is the best deal for us.

I can totally see your DHs point that you just got back and have the big bill. It is a hard thing to accept the realities of adult life but it is what needs to be done. We went in March 09 and I really felt riped of because it was like the cheapest way that we could do it during March Break. I had really worked hard and so this time I am kind of making up for it. Do we really have the money for it?..not really but I had my Tax return and DH had expenses from work so in that way yes.

:huh::flowers:There will be a time that you can do the Poly and if you can set aside 100 or so every month over the next 2 years it would turn into a nice bit of money to maybe do it in a couple of years with 2 rooms. If you have someone joining you like a pair of grandparent have them put some toward the extra room and you have 2 kids in with them and pay the bigger part it just may be doable.

Tell us more about this! I wouldn’t have a clue how to price things.

You can go to their website and it should lead you through the process of signing up. Basically, you can sell the items I listed above. You can sell other types of things but need a different account with them. They charge you $1 per item and a certain percentage of the sale. They credit you between $3 and $4 for shipping of your item. You can actually search your item for sale using the barcodes/UPC codes or by searching the name. If you just go to the website and put in an item in the search bar you can then see if they have used items for sale. It is listed just below the item. Click that and you can see what it is going for. It really isn’t worth selling things for less than $4 as you won’t make money. However, you can ship most dvds, cds and video games for under $2 so with amazon fees you basically make what you sell the item for. You can send books via media mail so they are cheaper. I had a lot of college textbooks that I sold and the kids were getting rid of their Wii, PSP’s and Nintendo DS’s so we did really well.

[QUOTE=lasallemom;1040698]:sad:I know it really sucks not getting to stay at the Poly. My DH and I would have but we are going with a friend we would be seven in the room. We have 4 kids too (8, 6, 4, 2). This would have been the only time that we could have stayed in one room if my friend was not coming. If we ever want to stay there again then we would need to have 2 rooms. Really to me I do not see a reason to pay 700(because of needing the extra room) or more a night just to stay a the Poly. However we are doing the family suite at ASM and with our friend, and quick serve, 4n, 5d it is just over 2000. We are doing the Kids S&P free. Really it is the best deal for us.

I can totally see your DHs point that you just got back and have the big bill. It is a hard thing to accept the realities of adult life but it is what needs to be done. We went in March 09 and I really felt riped of because it was like the cheapest way that we could do it during March Break. I had really worked hard and so this time I am kind of making up for it. Do we really have the money for it?..not really but I had my Tax return and DH had expenses from work so in that way yes.

:huh::flowers:There will be a time that you can do the Poly and if you can set aside 100 or so every month over the next 2 years it would turn into a nice bit of money to maybe do it in a couple of years with 2 rooms. If you have someone joining you like a pair of grandparent have them put some toward the extra room and you have 2 kids in with them and pay the bigger part it just may be doable.[/QUOTE]

Wow, your kids and mine are almost the same exact ages, except i have a 5 year old and you have a 4 yr old and my 2 yr old will be 3 in 2 months…

on another note, thank you for your reply, i am starting to get over it right now, lol…i’m just hoping at least maybe next year or the year after another good deal will come out…hopefully!!!:blush:

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1040678]So out of the blue i decided to check the disney site to see how much it would cost to go this august for a week…i got what i think is an amazing price for the POLY…

August 23 - 27
Free Dining Package

• Dining

Next year my SIL is getting married in Sept. and if we go for DS’s 4th bday, his bday is in Sept. so next year might not be doable either…ugh[/QUOTE]

I do this ALL THE TIME! I price out trips to WDW and when I come up with a great deal I as DH. It makes DH crazy! But I feel the only stupid question is the one thats never asked so I still always try.

Trust me, one day he will say yes. Don’t give up asking for an impromptu trip. August may be out but keep trying!

Lisa

Are you sure you aren’t married to my husband?

It is disappointing, I know…but well, your dh does have a point…a totally boring, realistic, mature, adult, no-fun point, but a point nonetheless.

Start saving towards your vacation now. Put aside a little each week - you’ll see - it’ll actually make you feel better knowing that you’re working towards your next vacation.

[QUOTE=llama;1040742]Are you sure you aren’t married to my husband?

It is disappointing, I know…but well, your dh does have a point…a totally boring, realistic, mature, adult, no-fun point, but a point nonetheless.

Start saving towards your vacation now. Put aside a little each week - you’ll see - it’ll actually make you feel better knowing that you’re working towards your next vacation.[/QUOTE]

oh i def. have started this, right now i have 80.00 saved :happy: lol
not much but its something, and i told my kids if they want to go, then they have to save their allowance in a separate piggy bank, so whatever they get for allowance they put half in their Disney piggy bank and the other half in their daily piggy bank

[QUOTE=llama;1040742]Are you sure you aren’t married to my husband?

Start saving towards your vacation now. Put aside a little each week - you’ll see - it’ll actually make you feel better knowing that you’re working towards your next vacation.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my husband, too. But thank God for the boring, realistic, mature, adult, no-fun husbands out there…sometimes they save us from a world of trouble and bring us back down to earth! It does stink when it’s not what we want to hear, though. It doesn’t matter how old and “grown-up” we get, it’s still hard being disappointed, especially when it’s a good deal.

Pixieemom, I know that waiting is the hardest part (at least for me) - but at least Disney has been putting out amazing deals every fall for the last few years, so there’s good reason to hope they will again next year!

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1040866]Sounds like my husband, too. But thank God for the boring, realistic, mature, adult, no-fun husbands out there…sometimes they save us from a world of trouble and bring us back down to earth! It does stink when it’s not what we want to hear, though. It doesn’t matter how old and “grown-up” we get, it’s still hard being disappointed, especially when it’s a good deal.

Pixieemom, I know that waiting is the hardest part (at least for me) - but at least Disney has been putting out amazing deals every fall for the last few years, so there’s good reason to hope they will again next year![/QUOTE]

Thank you Tinker Mel :heart:

Here’s a thought. Leave DH at home and put the money saved towards all the realistic practical bills to come. You and the kids have a blast!:laugh: This way you both win.

:whistling:angel: lol lol