SO EXCITED! I upgraded to Deluxe...Now I need some help

OK, I have been tossing the idea of upgrading to deluxe dining for a few months once I realized I was going to be ahead of schedule on paying for our trip. So, today I bit the bullet and upgraded. Now I need suggestions. Here is what we are looking at:

Cast
My Mom - 76 yrs old
Me
Wife
Son - 8 yrs old
Son - 5 yrs old
Daughter - 1.5 and beginning to love all things disney girlie

Looking at all the things I wanted to do…I realized I was going to be using 2 credit meals for some stuff…like Candlelight Processional…what else can I do with the 2 credit meals…we are game for anything now. Let me know…I am glad I did it…but I get to eat at alot of places and get to do some special things now, and looking for some info from all you with more Disney experience than I to help out.

oh yeah - arriving on 12/26/2009 and staying for 8 days/7 nights

Hoop Dee Doo
California Grill
Mickey’s Backyard BBQ
Cinderella’s Royal Table

When using two credits, you need to look at menus and weigh out of pocket cost versus using the two credits for a different two credit restaurant or event, or two single credit restaurants.
Cases in point, it is more cost effective to pay OOP for Cinderella’s Royal Table because of the enforced photo package and it’s usually more effective to pay OOP for Hoop De Doo.
Your price point target per table service credit should be $30 or more (or for a two credit $50). If you are on the deluxe plan, which comes with appetizer as well as entree and dessert, it will be much easier to hit the $60 mark than with the standard plan.

In other words, you have to do your math.

great suggestions and great insight…I will say that as an accountant…I crunch numbers ALL DAY-EVERY DAY-and I hardly ever do this when it comes to vacation…but at the same time-I would hate to leave an experience thinking it wasn’t worth the money.
I’ll have to do some research…I have 15 days or so before I HAVE to make a decision.

do you get the free picture package with the dining plan credits?

It’s not free. It’s included in the cost of your meal. And for two credits, they’d better include it!
Before the change over to its current form in 2005, CRT was no more expensive than any other one credit restaurant.

[I]Complimentary Imaging Package: When you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation, a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby, before you are seated in the dining room.

You get a photo package including:

4 prints 4" by 6"

One print 6" by 8"

One print 6" by 8" of Cinderella Castle

Cinderella-themed photo holder

delivered to you during your meal. (One photo package per party of 1-4; two photo packages for parties of 5-8, etc.) Additional photos may be purchased. Note: These photos can also be added to your Disney’s PhotoPass account!

Adults $57.19
Children 3-9 $34.78
Price includes tax and gratuity[/I]

Cinderella’s Royal Table Dinner

ok, what are some of your favorites…

Here’s your 2ts restaurants

Artist Point
California Grill
Cinderella’s Royal Table character breakfast and lunch (includes photo package)
Citricos
Flying Fish Café
Hollywood Brown Derby
Jiko
Narcoossee’s
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Hoop-Dee Doo Musical Revue
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau
Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

Our favorite 2TS dining options are:

Cinderella’s Royal Table for Breakfast or Dinner (depending on which characters we like to see)
and
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau

We’ve never done the Flying Fish or Yachtman’s Steakhouse, but both would be on my list to try…maybe as the kids get older…right now our decisions revolve mainly around them.

I’ve also heard many people like Hoop De Doo, though we’ve never chosen it to try.

Two credit
Narcoossee’s
California Grill
Flying Fish Café
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Artist Point

One credit
Tutto Italia
Tokyo Dining
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare (Breakfast)
Boma (Breakfast, haven’t been able to work in dinner)
Kona Café
Cape May Café (Breakfast)
Chef Mickey’s
Yak and Yeti
Wolfgang Puck Café
Biergarten

Not on plan
Fulton’s Crab House
House of Blues
Todd English’s bluezoo

DEFINITELY, doing the Flying Fish as my Mom’s ONLY request has been seafood for one meal…and what characters are at Cindereall’a Royal Table…my wife and mom will love it, as will my baby girl - just wondering about my 2 boys.