So excited!

Something in my gut told me to call WDW yesterday about my res. I noticed in one of my 207362 books I am reading (lol) that they have a hotel directed towards Armed Forces, retired or active. Well, my BF is a former Marine (HOO-RAH!) so I called to see what the deal with it was. Unfortunately, even tho it is on WDW property, it is not DIsney operated, so we couldn’t book it with out park hopper/free dining.

Well, something told me to ask about Value resorts. When we booked it, none were available. Well, someone must have canceled…because there was an opening at Pop Century!!! We saved $450 off our trip…and wound up adding a 6th day to the park hopper. We are planning on spending the last day we are there at the pool…but I added it incase we change our mind! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Has anyone stayed there??? I heard it can be noisy…but I REALLY don’t care lol:cheshire::cheshire::cheshire:

Congrats on the savings! Enjoy! :happy:

Great to add another day, isn’t it? Good for you!

I havent stayed there yet but will be in 38 days!!!
Congrats on saving all that money!!

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;982646]Something in my gut told me to call WDW yesterday about my res. I noticed in one of my 207362 books I am reading (lol) that they have a hotel directed towards Armed Forces, retired or active. Well, my BF is a former Marine (HOO-RAH!) so I called to see what the deal with it was. Unfortunately, even tho it is on WDW property, it is not DIsney operated, so we couldn’t book it with out park hopper/free dining.

Well, something told me to ask about Value resorts. When we booked it, none were available. Well, someone must have canceled…because there was an opening at Pop Century!!! We saved $450 off our trip…and wound up adding a 6th day to the park hopper. We are planning on spending the last day we are there at the pool…but I added it incase we change our mind! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Has anyone stayed there??? I heard it can be noisy…but I REALLY don’t care lol:cheshire::cheshire::cheshire:[/QUOTE]

I also see you are from Sewell. Thats 2 min down the street. My mommom lives in Sewell. :happy:

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;982646]Something in my gut told me to call WDW yesterday about my res. I noticed in one of my 207362 books I am reading (lol) that they have a hotel directed towards Armed Forces, retired or active. Well, my BF is a former Marine (HOO-RAH!) so I called to see what the deal with it was. Unfortunately, even tho it is on WDW property, it is not DIsney operated, so we couldn’t book it with out park hopper/free dining.

Well, something told me to ask about Value resorts. When we booked it, none were available. Well, someone must have canceled…because there was an opening at Pop Century!!! We saved $450 off our trip…and wound up adding a 6th day to the park hopper. We are planning on spending the last day we are there at the pool…but I added it incase we change our mind! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Has anyone stayed there??? I heard it can be noisy…but I REALLY don’t care lol:cheshire::cheshire::cheshire:[/QUOTE

Not sure of when you’re going but assuming it’s this year since you’re talking about free dining, you do realize that DBF being military gets a Free 5 day all paid tic and you + 4 others could get one for $99 AND get 40% off your rooms. Only thing is you’d have to pay for DDP. Now, i’ve done a little math and it saves more paying for the food to get the other discounts. Call a CM back and tell them you’re military and see what package they’ll work up. Bet it’ll be even more than the $450.
Thought I’d share in case you weren’t aware. btw, if you ever get a chance to stay at SOG when no other promo’s are going on, Go for it!

I’ve stayed at the POP a few times…if you get in building that’s not near the pool, it’s really not noisy. Try asking for the juke box building, facing away from the pool…I found it fairly quiet.
Congrats on saving money and getting an extra day!

Also if you ever want a room at SOG and they’re booked you can get a room at any other resort onsite for 20% off anytime even if there aren’t room promos going on.

Thats cool. technically, it is Mantua…but our address is considered Sewell!

Im Mantua but really West Deptford:laugh:

We usually stay at Pop, and we love it. I guess it is a little noisy, but we’re always so tired, we don’t even notice.