So few shows/parades!

This is probably not a summer problem, but is this driving the rest of you fall trip planners crazy?

There are way fewer showings and parades than before.

I checked our itinerary from Sept. 2008. During our stay, there were 7 showings of Fantasmic and 5 Spectromagic Parades.

This Sept. there are only 3 showings of Fantasmic and 3 Spectromagic Parades and we’re staying one day longer!

Of course you get to find this out many days after you’ve had to make your ADR’s.:crying::angry::blink:

I’m sooo glad I’m not the only one who noticed this!! For some reason, I also thought the there were fireworks at MK EVERY night but I only found Wishes being done ONCE during our stay.:angry: What’s the deal??:confused:

Really? I thought Wishes was pretty much and every night thing too, with the exception of the nights that there’s a hard-ticket event.

I’m looking at the park hours on the Disney site–where are the parade and fireworks schedules?

I believe on another thread discussing Sept. hours some wise MBers reported that the parades and fireworks schedules will be amended closer to Sept - that they only put the skeleton of a schedule at first, then fill in more as it gets closer. Now, I dont think this applies to Fantasmic, but do believe the discussion was related to Wishes…of course, I have no knowledge other than this reference…was it you, Boss Mouse, who reported this? I am hoping this is the case, as we Need to see the fireworks AND Spectro while we are there Sept.22-Oct.4.

I think that might be true. They are looking to see how busy they will be, what they have in reservations and sales and then they adjust the schedules for all those things. I would not panic - yet

If there is another way on the official site, I don’t know about it, but if you look at each park’s info page and click on the calendar link, pull up the month that you want and then click on the day. The day’s schedule at the park is there.

Thanks, I found it. I was looking for something in the 10 day view.

You are very welcome! I searched every where. Yeah, I was looking in the 10 day view too, if there is something there, I have missed it. :blush:

I think they had it there last year. Maybe later they will put it somewhere else…

Yep. I noticed this too when trying to plan our days/ADR’s. Only 3 Spectro’s and 2 Fantasmics over our 9 day trip! I will say that while we will only be able to make it to each show once, it did make it easier to decide where to be since we had so few options. Kind of bitter-sweet.

Yes, the shows have been cut back a bit…or a lot bit… I noticed this when I went in Feburary. I am usually happy to get to them once a trip, so it didn’t bother me all to much. I feel bad for the people who try to hit as many as they can as often as they can. Still better cut back than cut out right?

I’m with Dana, as long as I get to see each once per trip I am good. We actually try to leave before the large shows let out in the evenings if we can.

Go to Walt Disney World - Disney World Vacation Information Guide - INTERCOT - Walt Disney World Inside & Out
Click on event schedule. It lists the parade and fireworks schedule for each park through September.

I have an 11 day trip planned and with all the money we spent I hope they have a few shows and parades. I understand cutbacks but again they aren’t cutting back ticket prices. We still have to pay full price.

Totally agree. We don’t do parades and shows every night, but the problem is scheduling. You generally try to schedule your ADR’s around your touring–where you are that day, how long you’re going to be touring (MK vs. little AK), and of course if you’re seeing Wishes, SM, or Fantasmic.

In the old days (at least in warmer months) you had them every or almost every night but now you make an ADR (like we did for 1900 Park Fare) only to find out a week later that it conflicts with your only chance to see Fantasmic. Or you schedule Cal. Grill and find out they’re not doing Wishes that night.

I guess we “over-planners” just need the extra challenge.:laugh::blink::crying:

[QUOTE=gingles;969603]Totally agree. We don’t do parades and shows every night, but the problem is scheduling. You generally try to schedule your ADR’s around your touring–where you are that day, how long you’re going to be touring (MK vs. little AK), and of course if you’re seeing Wishes, SM, or Fantasmic.

In the old days (at least in warmer months) you had them every or almost every night but now you make an ADR (like we did for 1900 Park Fare) only to find out a week later that it conflicts with your only chance to see Fantasmic. Or you schedule Cal. Grill and find out they’re not doing Wishes that night.

I guess we “over-planners” just need the extra challenge.:laugh::blink::crying:[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more. I just plan the park of the day now…nights are free for whatever we “feel” like doing. If it’s a parade, then parade it is…works better in the long run. Besides, if you miss a show accidently:rolleyes: you have an excuse ready for the next trip.:laugh:

I thought they always did this. When the crowds are lower, the hours and attractions decrease.

What am I missing?

Here is what I noticed!

I always check the park hours/show/parades, etc WAY in advance and plan out my time. WELL, my last few trips, about 10 days out I get an email: “Your Disney Vacation Is Almost Here!” and one of the first things in it is Park Hours and Updates . . . when you click this link it takes you to the calendar page. Well the hours have ALWAYS changed . . . like now MK is closing at 12 not 11pm . . . I honestly think they are changing all this stuff weekly based on the crowds.

I know when were were there at Xmas, there were a few parades added that weren’t “scheduled”.

Make sure Disney has your email on file! :happy:

[QUOTE=ddoll;969701]I thought they always did this. When the crowds are lower, the hours and attractions decrease.

What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

They always have decreased as seasons demand, but it’s getting more severe…

[QUOTE=gingles;969345]I checked our itinerary from Sept. 2008. During our stay, there were 7 showings of Fantasmic and 5 Spectromagic Parades.

This Sept. there are only 3 showings of Fantasmic and 3 Spectromagic Parades and we’re staying one day longer!
[/QUOTE]

These trips were both scheduled Labor Day week.

I can’t get over how few fireworks and parades are scheduled during Sept - c’mon now, surely it will be crowded…what’s going on??? We worked around it, but I have a feeling it is going to be very crowded when they have them, like Fantasmic. We have the dinner package, just to make sure we get a seat…has anything changed lately for July or Aug that anyone has noticed?