So now I'm a Clemson Disney Girl

This project was pretty simple, so I can’t really take credit for being exceptionally crafty, but I thought you guys might want an update on the college life.

I found the personalizable mug at Target. It’s by Aladdin if you’re interested. Lately, I’ve been going for personalizable things because it is nearly impossible to find anything monogrammed with the letter V. (And whenever I find anything with the letter V, I buy it… no matter what it is. So far, I have a Tervis mug and tissues. :laugh:)

So I just put a Clemson Mickey head onto a dottie background. I do all of my graphics using Photo Impact Pro.

I didn’t bother making a pattern because the insert was just a bit smaller than an 8.5x11" sheet of paper. So I printed my design out as a full page, then traced the outline of the insert onto the back of my design. I then cut out along the lines, then slid it up into the mug. And tada! Clemson Disneyness!!! :happy:

I was actually just checking out your Clemson pics last night on your fb page. Your room is very cute, well, as cute as it can be for a dorm room :huh::laugh:.
So, what ever happen with the roomate problem?? Was she able to switch?

I have to say, I was kinda hoping you would have gone with the pink & orange theme :ninja::dry:

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1048566]I was actually just checking out your Clemson pics last night on your fb page. Your room is very cute, well, as cute as it can be for a dorm room :huh::laugh:.
So, what ever happen with the roomate problem?? Was she able to switch?

I have to say, I was kinda hoping you would have gone with the pink & orange theme :ninja::dry:[/QUOTE]

Old roommate that I was complaining about was able to switch out, and I haven’t really talked to her, since.

I moved into Clemson pretty late… move-in started at 8:00 am, and I didn’t get there until 4:30 (which worked in my favor because it was less crowded and all of my friends had already moved in and came to help me). And she hadn’t moved in, yet. We moved in on Saturday, and she didn’t move in until Monday.

Honestly, it’s a little awkward. I mean… living with a stranger… it’s awkward. But she’s pretty nice. She’s quiet. I haven’t really talked to her, much. She’s never here. She hasn’t spent the weekend here, yet. She actually didn’t spend the night here, last night. And we have completely different schedules… she sleeps in until like noon everyday. I have 8 am classes three days of the week. And then when I get back, she’s gone to class. So we haven’t really gotten to know eachother, yet… it’s awkward.

And, I didn’t rush. It just had no appeal to me (besides dressing up… I love to dress up). My mom didn’t want me to rush (pff… and she was a proud Mississippi State Tri-Delt). And you had to pay $140 just to rush. But all of the girls on my hall went through rush, pretty much. So they all know eachother and are close, and I don’t know any of them. And I just… I’m not good with introductions. I feel so awkward. I’ve made a bunch of guy friends, and I’ve made friends with girls in Architecture, but not the girls in my hall. I don’t know what to do…

Very cute! I have one of those mugs that put Disney pictures on. I just cropped them using scrapbook tools and collaged them. Maybe I will post a picture of it.

Some simple dorm room crafts:

This was a plain yellow lamp from Target. I just added the black feathery bead trim (from Hobby Lobby) to the top and bottom, using hot glue. It was kind of modern, but now it matches the girly feel of my room.

I just used a font called “Mickey Ears” to write the subject names, and “Kaileen” to write my name. The Physics Lab notebook is in “Mickey Mouse” font.

That bulletin board was blue like the walls (they just repainted the dorm blue… why blue? Why not white???). I covered it in wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby and added the ribbon trim. I’m currently missing the bottom row because the bulletin boards are larger than they told us.

Close-up of the ribbon… isn’t it adorable? It’s from Hobby Lobby. I hope they get more in, soon.

This is just jumbo rick-rack from Hobby Lobby. I hot glued it onto the mirror… don’t tell housing! :laugh: Hot glue will peel right off the mirror… I did a practice run. But I don’t think I was supposed to use hot glue.

This is my mom’s project, and she’s not happy with it, yet. She wants to add more fullness or take away the fullness. I don’t know.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1048570]

And, I didn’t rush. It just had no appeal to me (besides dressing up… I love to dress up). My mom didn’t want me to rush (pff… and she was a proud Mississippi State Tri-Delt). And you had to pay $140 just to rush. But all of the girls on my hall went through rush, pretty much. So they all know eachother and are close, and I don’t know any of them. And I just… I’m not good with introductions. I feel so awkward. I’ve made a bunch of guy friends, and I’ve made friends with girls in Architecture, but not the girls in my hall. I don’t know what to do…[/QUOTE]

My daughter is complete opposite she wants to rush can’t wait the two years so she can finally go to college and rush (too bad she isn’t like you(: )

So how many hidden mickeys did you stuff in your room so far?

The Mouse takes over Clemson. Love it.

Hope all is going well. Our oldest was home from Law school this past weekend and did nothing but talk how she wished she was still at Clemson. She said Charelston School of Law doesn’t party like Clemson. :laugh:

:huh:Party at LMM’s room this weekend!!!:laugh::laugh:

you will find your ‘clique’ eventually. even if not, you arent that far from home are you?? you could always keep in touch with your friends from school!

Your things are adorable…you are so organized!!

Victoria…I LOVE your room!! It is so girly! You did a great job!!! :wub:

I was just thinking today that you hadn’t posted in a while and you must be busy with school. Thanks for the update, cute room items!!! Don’t worry friends just happen

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1048583]:huh:Party at LMM’s room this weekend!!!:laugh::laugh:

you will find your ‘clique’ eventually. even if not, you arent that far from home are you?? you could always keep in touch with your friends from school![/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah!!! I’ve had a few sleepovers in my room since my roomie is always out of town, lol.

That’s the thing, though… I have my four high school buds, which is great. But three of them are guys, and my girl friend is super tomboy. So we hang out in the boys’ dorm, and I’ve made a bunch of guy friends… but not that many girl friends. At least not girl friends that I do anything with.

I’ve actually met a lot of really cool girls… but we see eachother in class and in passing and never really hang out. I just don’t know how to initiate it, which is dumb. I overthink everything, you know? :laugh:

Have you guys seen that movie… is it Best Man or something? Where the bride has a bunch of girl friends, but they groom doesn’t have any groomsmen and has to go find some? I feel like that guy! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Some of my best friends were guys…I hated all the girl drama. One of my best friends that is a girl is not “girlie” at all. Just ask some of the girls from class if they want to hang out sometime or meet for coffee or something. I am sure you find a few friends soon. Don’t worry about it so much. Is there a club or something you can join. Perhaps you will meet people there. I did theatre so there was always someone to keep me entertained!

Don’t sweat the guy/girl friend thing. Except for one girl who is her BFF from Clemson, the rest of her friends she still keeps in contact with were guys. Funny side note to this is that one of the guys asked DD to be his best ‘person’ at his wedding and his wife to be was all for it. They had a very close group.
Go with the flow and just worry about your classes. It all works out in the end.

Love the pictures!

Has your hall had any mixer type things for your floor? That how I got to know people.

Does your boyfriend go there too? I think I saw him in some of your pictures on facebook, but wasn’t sure if he was going there or just visiting.

Yes, he goes here. He and one of my other guy friends are in the RISE program, living in Sanders.