So when are you going to tell them?

This is the current tv ad for Disney parks being shown on UK tv at the moment.
The concept is so simple yet beautiful- certainly defines a magic moment- I hope you all enjoy

YouTube - Disney Advert UK Tv 2011

[QUOTE=dixie;1067409]This is the current tv ad for Disney parks being shown on UK tv at the moment.
The concept is so simple yet beautiful- certainly defines a magic moment- I hope you all enjoy

YouTube - Disney Advert UK Tv 2011[/QUOTE]

Ha - We saw this on TV last night (troube is with skyplus we miss most of the adds) and said we should do something like that when we take Jaya back next year.

Oh do Jimbo that would be amazing ( and we miss alot of the adverts now with the Sky plus too) caught this one this afternoon.

Oh those Disney rascals! They sure know how to reel you in!

We have one of these two adorable little girls standing on a sidewalk and their father tells them and this little angel looks up at him and says “for real Daddy?” and it just makes me…:crying::crying:

Love this advert! Cry almost everytime! Reminds me of when we did it to my brother years back! The footage is priceless!

Oh what a lovely surprise for your brother- I love to hear when families have done things like that-beautiful.

We are doing it this year. My daughter is an old pro at Disney having been every year since she was 2. Well, we told her we simply were not going to go this summer, possibly for Christmas, but not during June as we always do. She has broken down crying at least twice wanting to go to Disney sooooo bad. So, we have put together this elaborate ruse that we are going to a beach condo in Florida for a week this summer. She is okay with that, but not happy. She knows she is going to the same condo for a month later and is begging for Disney. It is about 7 hours for Disney and 6 hours for the beach condo. So, we hope she is going to just sleep most of the day down and we aren’t going to tell her til I pull through the gates. She will be sooooooo amazed. We can’t wait to go and see the look on her face. I already have the recorder ready to catch her reactions.

OMG thanks for sharing that! I get so teary eyed at it ALL! I was watching that other video about the Magic, Memories, and YOu on another thread and was crying like a babY!

I have friends that bought ear hats for thier kids and gave them to them at the airport! OMG…so cute…

BUT, I just could not ever hold the excitement in! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I love the new ads. We surprised the kids in 2004 and I’ll never forget their faces and the squeals and the laughing…I can’t believe I never thought to video tape it!

Here is one video I’m sure Disney wont be using:

YouTube - SUPRISE KIDS, we’re going to Disney!!

I friend sent it to me a few months ago…poor mom!

Those are the most adorable British children ever! haha. It’s funny how similar yet different of advertising is lol.

We are planning on doing this for our October trip! We’re not going to tell our girls, our oldest DD (who is 6) keeps asking when we are going this year, because she has gone every year, sometimes twice a year, since she was a year old. We keep telling her that we don’t think we’re going to be able to go this year. We think we are going to wait to tell them until we are in the car and on the way down to Florida, but we’re not positive yet…maybe we tell them the night before. We haven’t figured out exactly when or how to surprise them with it yet.

[QUOTE=Jen;1067475]I love the new ads. We surprised the kids in 2004 and I’ll never forget their faces and the squeals and the laughing…I can’t believe I never thought to video tape it!

I friend sent it to me a few months ago…poor mom![/QUOTE]

Everytime I see this I just want to smack those kids!

Me too! Poor mom!!! She spent a lot of time and money planning that, and the kids aren’t even appreciative.

I think the key to surprising your kids with a trip to Disney is don’t tell them you’re going somewhere else - at least not anywhere exciting. If the kids think they’re going to a certain place, then they are anticipating it… and a Disney surprise is a big change of plans.

[QUOTE=Jen;1067475]I love the new ads. We surprised the kids in 2004 and I’ll never forget their faces and the squeals and the laughing…I can’t believe I never thought to video tape it!

I friend sent it to me a few months ago…poor mom![/QUOTE]

Check out that older boy he is biting the inside of his mouth to try NOT to smile…

Oh my gosh, thats sooo bad! I can’t tell what the little boy says where he’d rather be going? I would have been devastated, turned that car right around and gone home- it would have been worth losing the money the vacation cost to give them zero vacation for their lack of gratitude.

NJ and CJ I hope you guys have your video cams ready so we can all share that magic moment- such a lovely lovely surprise.

He said he wanted to go to “Dick’s House.” Then the older boy say’s “I was looking forward to going to Dick’s house for a long time.” (I saw another version of the video before with captions)

I don’t know where Dick’s house is but I can’t imagine it being anywhere near as fun as Mickey’s house, lol.

[QUOTE=Jen;1067584]He said he wanted to go to “Dick’s House.” Then the older boy say’s “I was looking forward to going to Dick’s house for a long time.” (I saw another version of the video before with captions)

I don’t know where Dick’s house is but I can’t imagine it being anywhere near as fun as Mickey’s house, lol.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you for that translation, he just kind of mumbles a little, I guess that’s the disappointment in his voice:sad:
Dick must sure have an amazing house if it’s preferable to WDW:laugh: