So Who Knows Anything About The Town of Celebration?

I kinda knew about this town owned by the WDW company for a while, but I had no idea what it actually was until today! Really interested in it, and visiting it while I’m on my way down to FL for my WDWCS this weekend.

Anyone know anything about it?
Or been there before?

Thanks!!

It’s a little too Stepford-ish for me. However, we shared a table at Rose & Crown for fireworks one night with a couple who lives there, and they love it.

Ohh, I love Stepfordish, DHW-y, Mayberry type deals! haha. Interesting! I’ll definitely have to stop by on my way down today! :] Thanks!

Cute design, small lots w/ close houses, typical southern architecture like we see with planned communities here along the South Carolina coast. But it is nothing that you cannot see in other parts of the country. They do have a small downtown district with a few shops and eateries.

MB member alilmagical32 lives there or has lived there. Send her a PM, she’s been missing in action lately.

Stacey I was admitted to the hospital at Celebration and it was…weird!! It was sooo Stepford I found it just strange- the care was great, the staff were great, and my treatment was excellent, but still the place freaked me out ( and the surrounding town) but go check out its worth a look.

It would be like living in a movie set… aka the Truman Show. I bet it is perfect though, with everything planned to a T! I could live there in a heartbeat- not that I am a perfectionist or anything-ahem…

That being said, I have never been there, but I have looked at houses for sale there (online)…I am not planning anything :wink:

The Truman Show!!! Yes, exactly!

[QUOTE=hanwill;1017019]It would be like living in a movie set… aka the Truman Show. I bet it is perfect though, with everything planned to a T! I could live there in a heartbeat- not that I am a perfectionist or anything-ahem…

That being said, I have never been there, but I have looked at houses for sale there (online)…I am not planning anything ;)[/QUOTE]

Are you absolutely sure that there isn’t anything you’d like to tell your mouse friends, hmmmm? :laugh:
I could do the Stepford thing too.

Nope nothing… there is house cleaning still left to do today… :slight_smile:

I could move there tomorrow. They have done an outstanding job with the layout of the town. There are properties for everyone from 3000+ sqft homes to smaller cottages right down to townhomes. THere are also schools established for the community.
And best yet it is just down the road from the best place in the world.

Is it true that around christmas time it “snows”??? :confused:
I think I read about that on Tripadvisor…Also, that there are some cutesy shops/ restaurants.

We were thinking of visiting on a realx day of our honeymoon.

I’d love to visit. My parents have gone to look around and loved it. I’ve looked online many times and the places are beautiful. Everything available from small and quaint to large upscale. Prices are high, but I guess you are also paying for the entire atmosphere. Very cute, very Disney-like.

I wonder if there are super-high association fees and rules and so forth that are similar to other planned communities, or if they are more strict?

I know that there are plenty of rules, which many may find too restrictive. They want everything to look uniform and it is rather stepford-like.

We’ve been to Celebration a couple of times. It’s interesting to see - but it’s just a little too “perfect” - in a sort of Stepford Wives sort of way…

Absolutely!! and there are quite alot of rules and restrictions for residency there, so I was told by the staff.