So, would you sleep at the Haunted Mansion?

This family did! :ph34r:

[B]Little sleep for slumber party in the Haunted Mansion[/B]
August 10th, 2009, 9:26 am posted by Sarah Tully

The Sutton family survived an overnight’s stay in the room with no windows or doors at Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion. But they didn’t get much sleep.

The mansion’s occupants simply wouldn’t let them: They stuffed the family with chocolate and soda. They groaned, screamed and cackled. Hitchhiking ghosts and a butler serenaded the visitors. A video camera was on the four family members all night.

And when the Suttons finally dozed off, the butler startled them awake.

But the family didn’t mind.

“Sleeping is for rookies,” said Jessica Sutton, 12.

[B]The Sutton family of Santa Clarita won a night’s stay inside the classic attraction in a 95.5 KLOS radio station promotion for the Haunted Mansion’s 40th anniversary. Read a story about the Haunted Mansion celebration HERE.
[/B]
Daughters Jessica and Stephanie, 10, got the most votes among kids in a talent contest for singing “Happy Birthday” with a dog singing in the background. The girls brought their parents, Tim and Cyndi Sutton.

The family moved in at midnight after the park closed Sunday and left at 6 a.m. this morning.

The parents prepared their youngest daughter, who can be frightened sometimes, for a scary experience by playing spooky sounds and turning out the lights before bedtime at home. On Sunday afternoon, the family took a two-and-a-half hour nap at the Disneyland Hotel.

Although they were tired this morning, the Suttons were still thrilled after admittedly one of the best night’s they’ve ever had.

The family, who visit Disneyland about once a month, started the night with a tour of the mansion while Disney employees set up three twin beds and a coffin in the chamber at the beginning of the ride. That’s the elevator that stretches as guests first enter.

After the tour, Disney treated the family to a dessert banquet, including tomb-shaped chocolates, brains with raspberry sauce and cheesecake eyeballs.

“That was just to keep us up all night,” Jessica said.

Then the family was led into the suite, where they got visits from hitchhiking ghosts. A Web cam from KLOS was on them as viewers from around the world watched. Tim Sutton wrote on a specially created blog, disneyjoe.wordpress.com, which got messages from as far away as Singapore and Israel. The family spent time playing cards, but their stay was frequently interrupted by creepy noises or warnings of critters on the loose.

Jessica chose the coffin for a bed. But both girls ended up in beds with their parents.

At the end of the night, each family member was given a key to return — in the afterlife.

Here are some pictures!

Video Podcast

Cool. HM is my favorite ride at MK.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;984226]

“Sleeping is for rookies,” said Jessica Sutton, 12.

Jessica chose the coffin for a bed. [/QUOTE]

This is a girl after my own heart. :cool:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;984226] The family, who visit Disneyland about once a month, started the night with a tour of the mansion while Disney employees set up three twin beds and a coffin in the chamber at the beginning of the ride. That’s the elevator that stretches as guests first enter.

After the tour, Disney treated the family to a dessert banquet, including tomb-shaped chocolates, brains with raspberry sauce and cheesecake eyeballs.

Jessica chose the coffin for a bed. But both girls ended up in beds with their parents. [/QUOTE]

TWIN BEDS? :blink: I haven’t slept in a twin bed since college. Not sure I’d be so thrilled with the prospects. Give me a lazy boy… :laugh:

Wonderful experience… But in the end, the beds didn’t matter, since none of them got much sleep… :happy:

Too cool!!!

I remember when a prize for radio disney was to spend the night at the Tower of Terror at California Adventure. Rachel and I entered everyday! :laugh: We didn’t win… :sad:

Ok…that sounds awesome but I am a grown woman and I would be freaked out!

What a great experience for that family. Too cool. I wish they offered contests like that for WDW…or do they and I just don’t know about it?

What a fun thing that would be to do. How fun! Id do it!

Me too! :eek: (I’d still do it though)

I would love to do it! But I’d be scared the whole time!

I would do it in a heartbeat! Twin beds and all. :happy:

heehee, how fun. I would not sleep there, I would try to look into every nook and cranny in that building. Although I fear that the castmembers probably won’t let you wander around freely.

That is awesome!!

Too cool. I would do it too. I love the idea of all the sweets they enjoyed.

I LOVE HM, but I think I’d be scared witless. After dozens of times, I still get scared even with 100s of folks around me…to be stuck on the “elevator” with just my family, I’d be out of my mind with fear. I’m such a baby.

I’d do it in a heartbeat … Candy Brains and sweet treats … they would have to ROLL me out of there !!!:laugh:

Oh, yeah. But I’d be too busy rearranging dishes on the banquet table. :laugh:

Man that would be THEE best Disney experience ever!!! Especially knowing the history about the mansion. Just about ever picture and ghoul has its own history. It is awsome!!!

[COLOR=“Blue”]yesssssssss, I would do this in a heartbeat! Not too sure if my wife would :blink: lol, but it would be alot of fun.:cheshire:[/COLOR]

I know I would be absolutly terrified for every minute of the night but WOW would that be an amazing thing to do! They should offer that more often because it was be such a cool night! I think Id have to eat all of the ghoulish treats just to keep me on a sugar high all night!