Soarin' Over the World?

I heard that Soarin’ might be changed so that it would have multiple destinations chosen at random. This sounds like a great idea to me, hope it comes true.

I think it is just a rumor, but it sounds like a great idea to me…

Just so they don’t change the music. That is an important part of the entire ride.

Considering the real name of the ride is “Soarin’ Over California”?
And new ride films cost money. Now consider how much it would cost to produce three new ride films and choreograph the ride movements with the film and the probability that the old soundtrack probably won’t work.

Not that I haven’t been advocating a Soarin’ Over Florida version from day one.
I’ll put this in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” column.

Just watched the movie “Midway” last night, and I’m not sure what it’s like at WDW, but in Disneyland California Adventure, while you waiting in the que they play some interesting tunes. One of which is the Midway March by John Williams. It took me a while to recognize it, since it was a movie about a Naval battle, and this was a ride about aviation pioneering with test pilots in California. But I recognized it, and I’m glad they included this song in the rotation… :pirate:

I agree. It is my ring tone and I love it.

Love the music and could care less if they change the scenes. Where did you read this rumor? I am all over the rumor sites and missed that one.

I love the DCA queue, it’s a minor aviation hall of fame.
I do differ with you. SoC is not about aviation and test pilots.
It’s the area of the park that is the tribute to aviation and California’s place in it.

It is however, all about the sights, sounds, and smells that accompany hang gliding over the various regions of California.

Epcot’s is “the airport experience” sans TSA inspection.
I don’t think I recall any of the aviation based soundtrack music being played in Epcot.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1112925]I love the DCA queue, it’s a minor aviation hall of fame.
I do differ with you. SoC is not about aviation and test pilots.
It’s the area of the park that is the tribute to aviation and California’s place in it.

It is however, all about the sights, sounds, and smells that accompany hang gliding over the various regions of California.

Epcot’s is “the airport experience” sans TSA inspection.
I don’t think I recall any of the aviation based soundtrack music being played in Epcot.[/QUOTE]

True, I guess I was just distracted by the “Taste Pilot’s Grill” with the X-1 shooting out of the hanger. And, like yourself, I am very impressed with the photographs and props they have on display. But then, I’m even more confused as to why they also play the song from the movie “Patton” while you wait. Perhaps it just sounds good. :pirate:

Can you BELIEVE they removed the plane? I still haven’t heard if this is permanent or if it’s coming back… grrrr…

But I love to eat at Taste Pilot’s Grill… DS is crazy about their ribsl

Don’t forget the life sized rocket engine that sprays a cooling mist on the crowds.

The theme from Patton? It is an excellent movie theme and faux military music.
It works, and they did have planes in the movie.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1112937]Can you BELIEVE they removed the plane? I still haven’t heard if this is permanent or if it’s coming back… grrrr…
[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooo:eek:

I agree, I love the music.

I hear they were going to go with “Soarin’ over Pago Pago,” but the ride was too short. :laugh:

It would have been more of a quick overflight and not worth the development money. (The ride, not the island)

I don’t know if that score would even work for a ride experience that wasn’t out west. Too many cues to the Spanish and cowboy heritage of California.
Sure, you could edit anything to force it to fit the music, but the feel wouldn’t be right.

I would also question a ‘Soarin over Florida’ ride. How interesting would a ride be that went something like:
Flat land, flat land, flat land, swamp, swamp, swamp, WDW, swamp, flat land, flat land, Kennady Space Center, swamp, swamp, flat land…

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1113063]I would also question a ‘Soarin over Florida’ ride. How interesting would a ride be that went something like:
Flat land, flat land, flat land, swamp, swamp, swamp, WDW, swamp, flat land, flat land, Kennady Space Center, swamp, swamp, flat land…[/QUOTE]

—and the gators----:eek::eek::eek::eek:—i couldn’t take flying over the gators----:eek::eek::eek::eek:

What about fried gator tail nuggets?

:blow::blow::blow::blow: