Soar'n update anytime soon?

I would like to see a Hi Def Soar’n . I have heard rumors about different locations such as Florida. I think it would be great if they had multiple versions like Star Tours does now. Maybe one that did famous landmarks from around the world like the Colleseum, the Pymarids, Eiffel Tower,Niagra and so on.( not sure what smells they could use though!!) Any other places or themes that you think would be interesting?

Well, the ride is called Soarin’ Over California, not Soarin’ Over Florida, Soarin’ Over The USA, or Soarin’ Over The World.
In truth, they should have made a Florida version for Epcot to begin with.
And some of the rumor about a Florida version that you’ve heard came from me, right here on this forum. It was me describing what the Florida version could have been.

Just so they don’t change the music. I LOVE that music. In fact, my cell phone ring tone is it, and when I want to drive my boys nuts, I put the cd in and crank it as loud as possible in my kitchen!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1092613]Well, the ride is called Soarin’ Over California, not Soarin’ Over Florida, Soarin’ Over The USA, or Soarin’ Over The World.

Good thing the technology exists to make new signs! I still would like to see an updated version(s) or at minimum, a Hi Def version. I think it has proven itself to be quite popular!

I love Soarin’ it is my favorite!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1092613]Well, the ride is called Soarin’ Over California, not Soarin’ Over Florida, Soarin’ Over The USA, or Soarin’ Over The World.
In truth, they should have made a Florida version for Epcot to begin with.
And some of the rumor about a Florida version that you’ve heard came from me, right here on this forum. It was me describing what the Florida version could have been.[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine how boring Soarin’ of Florida would be…swamp, swamp, swap, beach, swap, bug on the lens, beach, miami, swamp, bug on the lens, pine tree, palm trees, swamp, bug on the lens, Walt Disney World!

Agreed! I love the music so much - and it goes wonderfully with the scenery! I really like Soarin’ Over California, and I hope they never change it.

Now, I do agree with Soundgod - why not create a new film for Soarin’ when they added the ride to Epcot? They WDW-goers don’t seem to get that all of the locations are in California. I hear people claiming that the sights are from different states - “Oh, that’s Colorado! That’s Florida! We’re back at Disney World!” :pinch: I don’t think any other US state is as scenically diverse as California, and I agree with Tigger that a Florida version of Soarin’ wouldn’t compare. However, it probably would have made more sense for them to create a new film for Epcot - soarin’ over the world or something - that would go right along with World Showcase.

That all being said, I absolutely love Soarin’ Over California, and I’m really glad that I can experience it at Epcot.

And, I think the ride is still much too popular for them to close it to make any changes. It is currently the most popular attraction in Epcot - no way they’ll close it, now! Maybe once there is a new attraction drawing crowds away from Soarin.

I do too. It’s the ring tone on my phone :wub:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: If I could make these little guys roll they’d be rolling across the screen right now. That was just funny now, I don’t care who you are!

Soaring over Florida would consist of 5 minutes of swamps and beaches. The glider would never have to climb. Sounds boring. I’m glad they did California. One of the best rides at DW.

“Soarin’ over Delaw…”

what was that? Was that Delaware? I missed it.

Soaring over Illinois, oh the smells!

Oh stop talking about Chicagoland like that…:tongue:

(I was going to try and work in something about Gary IN but…)

I really like it too! I said I would like a Hi Def version and possibly multiple versions. I like the California theme, as it is the original, but change is good sometimes too. Walt was always pushing the envelope:mickey:

Don’t forget the random gators…lol

And a seasonal swarm of lovebugs to fly through!

That’s only in May and September:wink:

Do they affect the parks? I have been in early October and April so I never seen them!

Quoting the late great Randy “Macho Man” Savage: “Oooooh Yeaahhh!!!”

even better - Soaring over Jersey!!!

the shore
the mountains
the oil refinery on the turnpike…

now that would be a great ride