Sofa beds

OK so we are considering maybe renting points for our next trip & are wondering about the fact that there are not 2 beds in the studio rooms. Our son is 13 years ols & 5’ 11’’ , will he be uncomfortable on the sofa bed? We are looking at Bay Lake or Animal Kingdom. This is a big concern for us & any comments from people who have had to stay on them is greatly appreciated. (we are looking at a 2 week stay)

OK so we are considering maybe renting points for our next trip & are wondering about the fact that there are not 2 beds in the studio rooms. Our son is 13 years ols & 5’ 11’’ , will he be uncomfortable on the sofa bed? We are looking at Bay Lake or Animal Kingdom. This is a big concern for us & any comments from people who have had to stay on them is greatly appreciated. (we are looking at a 2 week stay)

I slept on them and slept like a baby. Of course, you are a WDW and you’d probably sleep like a baby on the floor. I’m 6 ft, older and heavier than they are and I’d have no problem sleeping on one again.

Can I ask which resort you stayed at?

stayed at BLT last year in a studio…I slept on the couch with one kid every night and had not problem sleeping. The studios at BLT are small, but with 2 adults and 2 kids under 9 we were fine

We also stayed at BLT last year, and have to agree the studio did feel quite squoooshed, but I have two teenage boys, 6’ 2" and 6’. They used the pullout, and slept perfectly with absolutely no complaints.

Were you there for a long stay? Could you feel the bar in the middle of the sofa-bed?

We were there for two nights, and then switched to AKV for four additional days. I just asked my 16 yr old, and said he doesn’t remember a bar at all, and that he slept fine.

OK Thanks for that. It really helps because we are really leaning toward AKV, but are concerned about the long stay & how he will feel after 2 weeks on a sofa bad. (They are sofa beds right?? Not Futons?)

We stayed at SoG for a week last summer and I had a 15yr and a 12yr sleep on one (neither wanted to sleep with mom, sniff-sniff lol). They are quite long, not a loveseat size. Alot of the sofa beds aren’t the traditional ones that pull out with that god-awful bar running down the middle of your back, but rather a flip bed that turns over into a twin size mattress.

Oh that’s promising. Thanks for posting. If there are any other reviews, please post. DBF really trusts you all here at MB wants to know your opinion!
We have narrowed it down to 2 resorts but will post another thread about that so I don’t highjack my own thread.

I am 6’1’’ and spelt on sofa beds at BWV and SSR, the length of the bed was not an issue for us. In fact, they were quite comfortable!

I am 6’1’’ and spelt on sofa beds at BWV and SSR, the length of the bed was not an issue for us. In fact, they were quite comfortable!

we were at BLT for 6 nights then switched to BCV for 5 nights. I’m glad for the opportunity to have stayed at both, but preferred BCV. The rooms were larger, the resort was AMAZING! and the pool…well heavenly!

Thanks for the info, I’m surprised that BCV was better since Bay Lake is newer. I guess newer is not always better, right? I really appreciate the info. We are very unsure about switching from a moderate that we really enjoyed (Coronado Springs) to a DVC resort. So the info is just what we need tpo help us decide.

Love to mention that at Kidani Village, the sofa beds are th emost comfortable of any we encountered!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but Kidani is a newer resort, right? Could that be why the sofas are OK?

We have stayed in a studio at BCV, BLT, SSR, and BWV and the sofa beds were very nice at all the DVC resorts. My son has slept in the bed every trip and doesn’t have any problems with the bed. The ones we have had aren’t the usual sofa beds we’ve seen at home, they are some much more comfortable. No sag and no awful bar. The sofa beds in the studios are full sized beds as far as we can tell.

I really appeciate the detail in the answers guys. I think these post may just sway DBF! He said we should wait to see if there are any negative posts before we decide. I don’t think that’s a great idea though. It might just convince him his fears are correct! Anyway, wait & see for a bit I guess.