SoG stumper

Ok, I am somewhat amazed that when I made reservations for SoG online, I was never asked to provide proof that I am eligible to stay there.

I know that I am and it’s beside my point, but let’s assume that Mrs. Fooffooffnick from New Jersey made reservations at SoG and is not eligible. She arrives in August, all hotels are booked and she is turned away because of ineligibility. Does she have to go back to New Jersey?
How do they not have trouble with that? :huh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1026827]Ok, I am somewhat amazed that when I made reservations for SoG online, I was never asked to provide proof that I am eligible to stay there.

I know that I am and it’s beside my point, but let’s assume that Mrs. Fooffooffnick from New Jersey made reservations at SoG and is not eligible. She arrives in August, all hotels are booked and she is turned away because of ineligibility. Does she have to go back to New Jersey?
How do they not have trouble with that? :huh:[/QUOTE]

That Mrs. Fooffoonick is just so darn pushy.:glare: And my answer is: I don’t know.:huh: You mean they didn’t ask for any “proof” on line? Like, “send me a picture of Mike’s little sailor hat?”

First of all, do you really think they would tell Mrs. Fooffooffnick no?

Very true. Even the US Armed Forces must be afraid of Mrs. Fooffooffnick.

Yes. Yes they are.:ph34r:

I mean, she is from New Jersey.:blink: I saw that “Jersey” program on tv once - I know I’d be scared.

PAHAAH!!

Only once?:laugh:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1026835]PAHAAH!!

Only once?:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Yes, only ONCE! Neil came in and said “what the heck are you watching?” and gave me this “omigod, am I married to such a loser, she watches this trash?” look. So I’ve never watched it again.:laugh:

none, nada, nothing, nichts . It was so odd to me that I made another reservation for some nice ladies who will be meeting me there :ph34r: and again, nothing. No proof of anything. I was floored and a little concerned. What if I am wrong and not allowed to book this room without being accompanied by the guy who made it possible, the guy with the sailor hat? What if they turn me away? I think I am good, I checked this out pretty thoroughly but still…

I get that look every time Housewives of N.Y is on. Heehee.

And! thanks for the nice comments about Mrs. Fooffooffnick:glare:

Have the guy with the sailor hat call the resort and confirm it. How could they refuse those nice ladies?:happy: (You better check and see if there’s a “no stuffed cats allowed” clause…)

When you make the reservation online, does it say anything like “must present proof of military status upon arrival” or any sort of disclaimer like that? I book my rooms with the FL resident rate, and it always says I have to present my FL ID upon arrival. I know SoG is operated a little differently than the other resorts, but I wonder if they would turn someone away. I guess in the case of not having a FL ID, they could just charge me the rack rate…but at SoG you aren’t even supposed to be allowed to stay there without your credentials.

Marti…llama just called you a stuffed cat. :eek:

good question. I do not remember seeing that.

It is all well and good to be charged full price if the conditions the resort sets are not met. In the case of SoG, though, I think it would be terrible for anyone to take away what is meant for a few good men. and their cute wifes, friends and stuffed cats

brrbrrrrbrrrrrrrrr, meooooww. I did see it and I chose to ignore it. She must have a stroke or something. We’ll let the poor dear get away with it :wink: brrr brrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We stayed at SoG several years ago and they would not let us check in w/o our sponsor who had to show his ID. It wasn’t a big deal, we just went and did our thing and went back later after our friends arrived.

I meant stuffed in the very nicest way - with 3 pounds of sweetness and squishiness and cuteness.:crying: It must be the rain here, or something - you know barometres falling and stuff…

Yes, that’s because you were his guests. I have a military I.D. card of my own though, so I am that card producing guest. I just wondered how they make sure the right people reserve rooms. I might be over analyzing and worrying too much. I should just call them and see.

that’s what I thought, brrrrrbrrrrrrr-meowwwww.
You are a good soul and cat whisperer…
NOT
:nuke::nuke: meanie

Dopey there is a disclaimer on booking a room on-line:

Rate and Eligibility Verification: Upon check-in, a valid military ID or DoD ID, and current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) is required.

If someone does book that’s not qualified, yes they will be turned away. They will not pass go nor will they collect $200. In fact, it will cost them the $200 to go find another room for not following instructions in the first place.
Also if you are a guest that arrived before the person who sponsored you they will let you check your bags but will not give the guest access to their room until the sponsor arrives.