Solo Disney

Hey, everyone.

I am getting the rare opportunity to spend some alone time in Disney World this September.

Tips for solo travelers?

World Showcase at Epcot is the perfect place for a solo traveller - you can really take your time and browse in all the shops in all the countries. Do some Christmas shopping there, to get some stuff you normally wouldn’t think of. China, for instance, has gorgeous hair clips. Japan has this line of I-phone and I-pod cases, tote bags, etc. Really cute and different. I KNOW there are a lot of things that you’ve never done at Epcot - take in the shows in the countries - they’re great. See Ellen’s Universe of Energy. Same goes for the other parks - do the stuff you’ve never done. Call it research.

All excellent suggestions. Thank you:heart:

My advice is to drink heavily.

I don’t have any first hand experience as a solo traveler…but I wish I had your “gumption”. I have the time, and the “pin” for rooms to go by myself but I just can’t bring myself to do it!!!

I really think that WDW would be an excellent and safe place for solo travel. A woman in particular would probably not be badgered to death sitting in a bar area alone, and I certainly would feel safe.

My only suggestion would be Spa time! :happy:

Have fun and can’t wait to hear your solo report.

Oh Dana, I’m sooooo excited for you! Not sure if you remember I did my first solo trip last October, and it was above and beyond what I truly expected. It’s just another unique type of trip, that you get to mold all around YOU! I think one of the best things about that trip was meeting so many people. I’m not sure if it was because I was more open to my surroundings, but it just seemed like people invited me into their space and conversations. Also, just loved being able to stop at any point and soak everything in. So, no suggestions on doing anything specific. I think my suggestion is the generalized “soak everything in.” This is one trip report I can’t wait to hear!

Bring along those Twilight books you have been putting off reading…

I was trying to remember what it was that took that solo trip! I said at the time that I was envious and wish I could make myself go alone! :happy:

Oh this will happen…:laugh:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1135260]I don’t have any first hand experience as a solo traveler…but I wish I had your “gumption”. I have the time, and the “pin” for rooms to go by myself but I just can’t bring myself to do it!!!

I really think that WDW would be an excellent and safe place for solo travel. A woman in particular would probably not be badgered to death sitting in a bar area alone, and I certainly would feel safe.

My only suggestion would be Spa time! :happy:

Have fun and can’t wait to hear your solo report.[/QUOTE]

I have a conference to attend on 9/16 and decided to fly down early and “work”. I have a new project in the works. I don’t see me being on lock down the entire time I am there however. I am working up to a longer version later…lol

I do remember and was hoping you would chime in on this thread. I honestly can’t wait to go. This will be the Disney of the future for me I think. Sara still likes going, but is all wrapped up in college and stuff. John likes it, but he sucks in the parks…:laugh:

Oh tigger…:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Three’s a charm. First me, then Dana…I will be expecting to hear from you soon when you have your dates all set.

Seriously, take it slow, drink it in. When I go solo I take more pictures and help more guest with group pictures and info. Take time to spread a little magic.

Second favorite thing I do is photo bomb people’s photos.

Try to do all the buffets!

I have found hanging out with all my friends is easier when I am alone.

You have met a lot of security over the years…

I think you should bring me. LOL

Solo! Nice, you’re going to have a blast. After a few drinks you’ll make some friends and you won’t be solo for long.

Oh Dana I LOVE solo trips. It seems lately when I go its been solo. You have time to do things other people complain about doing, you can stop and take breaks whenever you want to, because honestly nothing is better than people watching, and stop and take photos of whatever you want.

The last trip I took I spent an hour sitting at a table charging my one, eating lunch, and enjoying my meal, nice and slowly.

Even though I was alone it seemed like everything went by quickly. I would chat with people here and there but was content not talking to people either. I don’t mind doing things alone so that could be why it didn’t bother me too much.

Although I know he parks like the back of my hand I got a map, planned out what I HAD to do and accomplished it in record time. Hit some other things again bu then just strolled around, threw myself on a curb, watched the parade, fireworks, and got out of the park quickly. It relly does seem quicker to navigate when you’re alone.

Have a super fantastic time!