Some fun "facts" about MNSSHP!

I saw these in my Mickey Monitor and thought it was pretty cool! :heart:

Soon the Magic Kingdom® Park will get a little bit of trick and a whole lot of treat mixed into the usual cauldron of fun during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Float by and see some of your favorite characters come out dressed in their Halloween best. There’s Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade, plus you can’t miss the Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular (Don’t worry, we warn all witches on brooms ahead of time). And while you are trick-ortreating, you can also haunt some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions! You’ll find 24 hair-raising nights to party starting September 4–November 1, 2009, from 7 p.m.–midnight.

[B]We asked Gene Harding, Producer at Walt Disney World Entertainment, and Tara Anderson, Show Director of Creative Entertainment, a few things about the event:[/B]

[B]So, the Headless Horseman starts off the parade on Main Street, U.S.A.®. What goes into making this happen?[/B]

GENE: Well, it all comes down to the horse. The horse that you see is actually ridden for this one event only. His name is Kahn, by the way. It takes up to five people to support the run during the event. We have several rehearsals so that both the horse and rider are prepared.

[B]During the parade, Guests can see a hound dog that is accompanying the gravedigger. Can you tell me the feel-good story about the dog?[/B]

GENE: Yes! The dog’s name is Joleene. We partnered with Deputy Dogs, a non-profit organization that helps train police dogs. We reached out to them, and Joleene was picked from several dogs.

TARA: When she was first brought out on rehearsal night, everyone was worried how she would react to the characters and floats. She wasn’t fazed at all. A deputy still brings Joleene out every night before the parade.

[B]Speaking of the parade, the gravediggers really have some moves![/B]

TARA: We call them the “Deadly Dozen.” They’re like a drill team, with a twist.

GENE: Afterward the shovels have to be dulled down. Since they are scraping on the ground a lot, they get pretty sharp!

TARA: Be on the lookout for the gravediggers!

Neat trivia, We loved the halloween night.

Oooo interesting!! Nice post :slight_smile:

I can imagine those shovels are pretty leathal by the end of the night!

Cute story about Joleene. I would love to go to WDW in October, just once!

Thans for posting that. Now Im even more excited for MNSSHP

Oooooh I am so excited! We are going to the MNSSHP on 10/1!! I ordered the tickets yesterday! =)

Thanks, Jennifer! This will be our first MNSSHP this September.

“See” you on Twitter!

Just for the record, Tara is THE BEST SHOW DIRECTOR PERIOD!!! So awesome that our pirate ship float for the parade, the Tara of the Seas, is named for her!

And here’s another fun fact: this year be on the lookout for a NEW float in the parade!

Thanks for the post. It still amazes me how the Headless Horseman’s ride goes so well with how fast the horse is running. I’ve seen it several times (and get creeped out each), but I’m amazed.

I KNOW that is the BEST!! When the music starts I get TOTAL goosebumps!

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;984060]Just for the record, Tara is THE BEST SHOW DIRECTOR PERIOD!!! So awesome that our pirate ship float for the parade, the Tara of the Seas, is named for her!

And here’s another fun fact: this year be on the lookout for a NEW float in the parade![/QUOTE]

FUN!!! I’m going for my birthday . . . I HAVE to order my tickets soon! :happy:

Thanks for sharing! I’ve never been to MNSSHP so I’m really excited and this just pumped me up a bit more. :mickey:

WOOHOO!!! That’s really exciting!!!

Will you be working any of the parties, Rowdy? :happy:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;984136]WOOHOO!!! That’s really exciting!!!

Will you be working any of the parties, Rowdy? :happy:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not the parade but MAYBE out in the parks, either performing or as a captain.

We went to our first MNSSHP last year and LOVED it!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;983949]GENE: Afterward the shovels have to be dulled down. Since they are scraping on the ground a lot, they get pretty sharp!
[/QUOTE]

I’ve never been to this party, but when we did the Keys to the Kingdom, we saw some people doing a rehearsal for a parade backstage. It was the gravediggers and DW and I actually wondered how the shovels stood up to the scrapping. It LOOKED like it would be a very cool parade just from watching the gravediggers part!

They are the BEST!! Check them out on youtube!!

If you get a chance, let us know where you’ll be on which nights. I’d love to say hi and see you in action. :happy:

Great “facts”! The Halloween party is so much fun! I love the grave diggers, aka “teh Deadly Dozen!”

Great trivia tips - thanks for sharing them!