Some weather Q's about October

We leave in about 26 days and I am unsure what to pack. Is it shorts and T-shirt weather, t-shirts and jeans, or capri’s and tanks weather? As I ask this it seems so superficial, but I am having a difficult time. People said pack everything for our december trip and last year I only needed jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts! I did laundry every night!!!

We have to pay for our baggage this time so I need to be more precise! Help!!!

My sister and I go every year around the 3rd week in October. In 2007 the weather turned cold, I think it was in the 50s. My sister said she thought it was in the 40s. I know we were very comfortable wearing jeans and a sweatshirt all day. Last year it was above 90 the whole time we were there. At one point we just left Epcot because it was just so hot. We usually pack 2 jeans, 1 sweatshirt and some shorts. You can just never tell with the weather in Florida. Hope this helps.

Its normally tee shirts and shorts weather.
However in 2000 a strong cold front made it all the way through and dropped temps to the upper 50’s.
In 2005 on the back end of Wilma a monster cold front blew through and dropped temps to the lower 40s.
Admittedly low 40’s is well out of the norm, but there is a 5% chance that a strong cold front could make it to Florida in October and drops temps to the upper 50’s, but if it does, you’re going to be looking low 40’s at home in New England.
However there is a better chance of a hurricane than cold weather, and the way things are shaping up this season, there is only a very small chance of hurricane, I’d put that at 3%.

Same thing happened in Oct 01 too. DH didn’t bring a jacket since high 60’s (the norm at night that time of year) is comfortable to him, but when that mid 50 snap came in around the 20th he had to duck in a shop on main street for his Grumpy sweat. Yet a few days later we were wearing shorts for Illuminations.

You are safe to bring a hoodie with you…you can wear it in the morning and evening when its cool and wrap it around your waist during the afternoon…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;993971]Its normally tee shirts and shorts weather.
However in 2000 a strong cold front made it all the way through and dropped temps to the upper 50’s.
In 2005 on the back end of Wilma a monster cold front blew through and dropped temps to the lower 40s.
Admittedly low 40’s is well out of the norm, but there is a 5% chance that a strong cold front could make it to Florida in October and drops temps to the upper 50’s, but if it does, you’re going to be looking low 40’s at home in New England.
However there is a better chance of a hurricane than cold weather, and the way things are shaping up this season, there is only a very small chance of hurricane, I’d put that at 3%.[/QUOTE]

I have my fingers crossed those cold fronts come again this year. Last year the weather was just AWESOME! :wub:

We go to MNSSHP every year (well the last 5) and some we were SWEATING, some we were bundled up (gloves) and others, like last year were perfect.

Layers are your best bet.

Maybe it was 2001, not 2000.
My visits in Oct 99, Oct 2000, and Oct 2001 are a little hazy.

When we have went in October, we would normally be in shorts, tshirt and a sweatshirt in the morning. The we could peel off the sweatshirt in the afternoon. In the evening we would wear jeans with a jacket.

The weather changes so quickly. I would have a little bit of everything ready to pack and watch the weather the night before leaving to know for sure what to pack.

We have been twice in early to mid October and it was hot both trips. Mid 80’s to low 90’s. I do remember the weatherman saying it was warmer than normal though.

We were there 10 days last October and it was hot as the devil’s draws. EASILY high 80’s to low 90’s.

My DW just the other day asked about the weather and how we should pack for it. I told her we where driving so pack for both warm and cold and we would be covered either way. One advantage to driving. but than again my cold may not be anothers cold since I am from IL. and we do see 0 degree wind chill in the winter and I am still out in a tree stand hunting for deer even in that weather.

Wow, was it that hot in the evenings? The days for the most part are pretty much predictable for us, it’s those night time drastic drops that get us.

So I am thinking a couple of jeans, but capri’s and Tee’s would be the best bet! I think Ill leave the shorts at home!!!

Your best bet will be to not make any final decisions until you’re about 7 days from departure. By that point, the 10 day forecasts will be starting to firm up and give you a decent idea of what weather to expect.
I will say after living in Florida for 25 years, October more often than not will be 80s in the daytime and upper 60s/lower 70s at night.

So true especially right now!:laugh:

I wear alot of capri pants down here. I’d probably pack 1 pair of pants and a light jacket, but otherwise I’d expect it to be warm.

There is 1% chance that I am 50% wrong; but I would say it will be nice with a chance that it will not be so nice. See you in about … 31 daze.

Thanks Boss, I appreciate the profound wisdom! :laugh: See you there!!!

We alway looks two day before at the 10 day forcast for WDW and pack accordingly. If it say it will not be below 40 degrees we pack a pair of pants and a couple of sweater and sweatshirts and the rest shorts. If they screwed up that allows us the chance to but some new WDW attire.

I, too, am at a loss: Leg warmers or tights? Hot pants or short-skort? I have some new pumps I want to try out…

There were definately no dramatic drops at night last October. It was still sticky and humid in the 70’s at night, we did end up getting rained out a few nights too. It’s still tropical weather season.