Someone sell me the idea of a Disney Cruise

I am interested in going on a Disney Cruise. Please someone sell me the idea. I need pics and all. I am looking at all the dates but please keep in mind I want to also go to WDW while Im there. I have a budget of $3000 and I already have tickets. Im getting AP’s. I got a quote today for Sept 2009 for $1100 for 3 of us but Im not too sure I want the kids to miss almost 2 weeks of school. Please help me with advise. Thanks…

I forgot to add that Sept would be good for me because I want to go to MNSSHP. I hope for free DDP in Sept if not I would probally stay offsite…

oh… i have really old pics! i’ll share lol… i’m like 8 years old

Okay, this is terribly embarassing, but:

We were on the Magic

Yeah, those weren’t very convincing pics, considering I’m not smiling in any… no worries, though… those were my depressive years.

I’m sure someone else will do a better job. :laugh:

Cute pics… Im stuck between what I want to do. I have been on the cruise site all night. I think its better for me if I book the land part seperate since I will already have tickets and dont need a moderate resort. Hmmmmm… I wonder…

I can get you some pics in about a month. On Oct 3 I will be starting my trip report. We are taking a 7 day disney cruise to the western caribbean. After that trip we are using our vacation club points to stay at SSR for another 8 days afterwards. I can send you some pics during the trip if you would like.

Gosh, I love :heart::heart::heart: cruising. We have been on twice -both 7 night. You have entertainment, relaxation, activities, shopping, ports, all you can eat food any time without having to pay, characters, kids clubs, spa, sports, movies, sun, swimming, and pixie dust!

It gives our family time together and time apart to all do things we like. You can be as active or relaxed as you like.

I love the parks, but that last trip I was so hot and tired that I just longed for my cruise. I hope you try it!

Here are my trip reports with some pictures
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/26424-jk8s-mk-day-disney-cruise-trip-report.html

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/43489-jk8s-first-wl-stay-p-pp-2nd-cruise-trip-report.html

Thanks all… I was thinking just doing a Disney cruise but I NEED parks… I want to go to the parks late Sept 2009 and cruise Sept 3-6. I want to do MNSSHP so I hope thats going on then. Thanks everyone for the pics… Im going to check it out!!! Thanks again!!!

Also… Another question~
How do you get to the ship from a Disney resort IF you are not doing the land and sea package?

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;876843]Okay, this is terribly embarassing, but:

We were on the Magic

Yeah, those weren’t very convincing pics, considering I’m not smiling in any… no worries, though… those were my depressive years.

I’m sure someone else will do a better job. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

heehee, cute. You both look so very excited :laugh:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;876820]I am interested in going on a Disney Cruise. Please someone sell me the idea. I need pics and all. I am looking at all the dates but please keep in mind I want to also go to WDW while Im there. I have a budget of $3000 and I already have tickets. Im getting AP’s. I got a quote today for Sept 2009 for $1100 for 3 of us but Im not too sure I want the kids to miss almost 2 weeks of school. Please help me with advise. Thanks…

I forgot to add that Sept would be good for me because I want to go to MNSSHP. I hope for free DDP in Sept if not I would probally stay offsite…[/QUOTE]

My family and I have done a couple of the Land/Sea cruises! I posted really detailed trip reports with photos! One was last July, and the other was in 2005! If I can figure out how to post the link, I’ll post it here!:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Here’s the link to my trip report from last year’s Land/Sea cruise trip report!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/37813-poly-parks-wonder-amelias-man.html

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;876867]Also… Another question~
How do you get to the ship from a Disney resort IF you are not doing the land and sea package?[/QUOTE]

You can get a towncar or pay for Disney bus tranportation. We have done both.

If I were going to take a cruise, this would be the way to go. I love the look of the Disney island.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;876867]Also… Another question~
How do you get to the ship from a Disney resort IF you are not doing the land and sea package?[/QUOTE]

We just told the cruise line that we were not going back to the airport but that we were going to SSR after the cruise, and they set up for a bus to be at the port to take us to SSR. If you want to spend the extra money than you can get a town car but just call disney and they can set everything up for you.

Is there an extra cost for Disney to take us to the resort? I know it says when you book transportation but I think that may be to/from airport

[QUOTE=Amelia’s Man;876893]Here’s the link to my trip report from last year’s Land/Sea cruise trip report!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/37813-poly-parks-wonder-amelias-man.html

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:[/QUOTE]

Thank You sooo much for the link. Im now thinking about canning the May WDW trip and just doing a cruise… Oh man… What to do what to do!!

Disney will charge you something like $ 138.00 for the pleasure.

when you book the cruise they include transfer pass from the airport to the port and the other way when leaving the boat. You can get these removed and save a little money it you have another way of transportation. But if you are going to Disney or from Disney they can take care of your needs within the price you are already paying with the cruise price including your transfer and all. I just booked our cruise last year and about a couple of months ago I told them of our change and they will be taking us from the port to SSR for no addition cost to us.

GO ON THE CRUISE!!!
That said, we did the Land/Sea in January and it was fabulous! We (DD10, DH and me) did not think we would like the water thing and we are not fancy dancy dress up type people-especially not on vacation which concerned me b/c some of the dinners are sort of dressy. I do business/casual at work so I want comfy clothes on vacation! So, we split the trip and it was perfect! We got a taste of the parks and the cruise.

The cruise is Disney themed in a sophisticated manor, it is alot less hectic than the parks and the food is great! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVED Castaway Cay as almost everyone does. The character interaction is awesomely random ~ we ran into Captain Hook and Goofy in the halls accidently with no one around which was a blast! Although, Captain Hook was a little unhappy that DD and I had Tink shirts~ Luckily mine had him on it as well or we may have been in big trouble!

We never got to do everything offered on the ship so we can’t wait to go back.

We used Disney Transport - yes it costs too much (imo) but, we didn’t have to worry about any potential missing the ship kind of issues. I debated and decided that we were already spending alot so what was the difference given the peace of mind knowing that if something happened, it was Disney’s issue! LOL!
Zoey

One other Disney transport thought~ the resort to airport was free and if you needed airport to resort that is free as well (Magical Express). But, the resort to port and port to airport is what we paid for. Basically anything to do with the port costs extra.
Hope that helps!