Somewhere other then tonys

we have adrs at tonys town square in mk… but i have read so so so many bad reviews I am now scared t to risk wasting a dinner on it… so is there anywhere else in mk dh doesn’t want another day out of the park… help

We enjoy the Plaza Restaurant. It’s not fancy and the menu is limited but the food is good and the service is always excellent.

REALLY! This was our BEST meal when we were there for Xmas. Dining plan people get a different menu then what is listed on allears.net. I had the yummiest steak, and the pistachio creme brulee WOW! Deelish!

why different?

I don’t know? I was handed a special menu and this was the only sit down I got an app, entree and dessert. It was all good and the service we had was top of the line!

And when I asked, I was told this was for DDP guests only

We love the Plaza. The cheese steaks are to die for and the service is the best.This is one restaurant we never miss.

We’ve eaten at Tony’s several times and have never had a bad meal. Service is always pretty good also.

we love the plaza also but wanted a nicer dinner. something not so casual. I guess we will keep it … as there is nothing else except crt and i dont think we would get in.

I just got a ressie at CP for lunch in May! There is LTT too! But I liked Tony’s. You could always hop the monorail to Ohana’s?

We always go to LTT on MK day.We will be trying CRT for the first time in April and the we will be doing tonys in Oct.I have never heard anything bad about Tony.I think it is romantic and the food is good(Tomato and Mozzarella Salad &Shrimp Scampi no shrimp grilled chix instead.)mmmm

I must say, that we really enjoyed our lunch there this past January. The best calamari, cripsy not greasy with a wonderful tappenade. Very different and picant. The flatbread was great too. I am not sure how their dinner menu looks but for lunch it was a great spot

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;942460]I don’t know? I was handed a special menu and this was the only sit down I got an app, entree and dessert. It was all good and the service we had was top of the line!

And when I asked, I was told this was for DDP guests only[/QUOTE]
:huh::huh:
That didn’t happen to us. We had the Deluxe plan

It wouldn’t surprise me if Tony’s added an appetizer for folks on the DDP. Otherwise, if you get a pasta entree, it’s not a very good DDP value.

WDW Italian restaurants always seem to have more than their fare share of negative reviews. Personally, we enjoy Mama Melrose’s, enjoyed the old Alfredo’s, and will be doing Tony’s in a couple of weeks. Then again, I like Olive Garden… :smile:

Bruce

With all our trips to WDW, we’ve never eaten at Tony’s. Is it something we should try or just skip it?

read the posts :wink:

That didn’t happen to us. We had the Deluxe plan[/QUOTE]

for us either…we were on the reg. plan in Dec. 2008

Definitely LTT!!

That didn’t happen to us. We had the Deluxe plan[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it was the holidays? I had a really good salad, with olives and the I had the NY Strip and the pistachio creme brulee. The girls got salad, spaghetti and meatballs and make your own sundaes. We all had sodas and I even got a cup of coffee . . . I only paid tip!

I remember my server saying: Pick one of each and he handed me a smaller menu then everyone else was reading. It had an app section/entree section/dessert section.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;942718]Maybe because it was the holidays? I had a really good salad, with olives and the I had the NY Strip and the pistachio creme brulee. The girls got salad, spaghetti and meatballs and make your own sundaes. We all had sodas and I even got a cup of coffee . . . I only paid tip!

I remember my server saying: Pick one of each and he handed me a smaller menu then everyone else was reading. It had an app section/entree section/dessert section.[/QUOTE]

How very nice :smile:
I really liked the atmosphere in there. There were all kinds of celebrations going on. It was fun.
Oh and I really like a table set with linenes. Tony’s does that.

I had that salad too while Mike messed around with those calamari :laugh: and he had the pistachio creme brulee, but we both opted for the flat bread -after all it was lunch- which was very, very good.

I’ve eaten at Tony’s twice and haven’t had a problem; I enjoyed the atmosphere and interaction the waiters had. If you don’t want to eat there though, the Plaza is a good option :happy: